SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Good option for worn out leather seats?

Old 07-10-11, 01:18 PM
trademark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good option for worn out leather seats?

I saw some covers on ebay, but didnt know if they'd look good in person. I figured getting the whole seat would be costly. Is there a vendor that sells covers that look good?
Old 07-10-11, 01:19 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Ive wanted to know the same thing. I wonder if clazzio or Junction produce makes something?
Old 07-10-11, 01:25 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

katzkin are nice
Old 07-10-11, 01:34 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

do any vendors on here sell that?
Old 07-10-11, 01:36 PM
trademark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MDSC
katzkin are nice
Looks like those are around $2000 eeep. I was thinking of a cheap fix.
Old 07-10-11, 01:50 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by trademark
Looks like those are around $2000 eeep. I was thinking of a cheap fix.
whats cheap to you? you can get a katzkin kit for about 800 im not sure where you got 2 grand from...leatherseats.com looks to be like some decent stuff too. Main thing is to get somone that knows what they are doing to put the leather in the car. I've seen some real bad jobs on here.
Old 07-10-11, 01:55 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

leatherseats.com or pay a good upholsterer to do it. mine were redone by an upholsterer and it is hard to tell they were redone. mine were redone with vinyl and it looks like leather at first glance.
Old 07-10-11, 01:57 PM
trademark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
leatherseats.com or pay a good upholsterer to do it. mine were redone by an upholsterer and it is hard to tell they were redone. mine were redone with vinyl and it looks like leather at first glance.
What did it cost you to do that?
Old 07-10-11, 03:15 PM
718murdoc
Lead Lap

Iggee seat covers are pretty decent for a temporary fix.
Old 07-10-11, 07:42 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to a good automotive upholstery shop and find out if they have someone who is good at re-dying your seats. You may think I'm nuts but my upholster guy has over 30 years in the auto upholstery business and does alot of dye work/cleaning on seats to bring them back to life.

Here are some pics of my fronts seats that were re-dyed oem tan.

As you can see they look almost brand new. No that is not how I bought the car with the seats looking like that. My seats had some minor wear issues but no major cracks or jacked up front seats. If your seats are in that bad of shape just get them re-upholstered.

This cost me roughly 110 per seat which was a good price IMO and didn't involve buying another full front and rear leather kit that does not match up as well as OEM.

Oh and the seats have been dyed now like this for almost 2 years and still look just the way they did when they were freshly re-dyed.
Old 07-10-11, 07:57 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Go to a good automotive upholstery shop and find out if they have someone who is good at re-dying your seats. You may think I'm nuts but my upholster guy has over 30 years in the auto upholstery business and does alot of dye work/cleaning on seats to bring them back to life.

Here are some pics of my fronts seats that were re-dyed oem tan.

As you can see they look almost brand new. No that is not how I bought the car with the seats looking like that. My seats had some minor wear issues but no major cracks or jacked up front seats. If your seats are in that bad of shape just get them re-upholstered.

This cost me roughly 110 per seat which was a good price IMO and didn't involve buying another full front and rear leather kit that does not match up as well as OEM.

Oh and the seats have been dyed now like this for almost 2 years and still look just the way they did when they were freshly re-dyed.
That looks great man! I wasn't sure how you had such nice seats in your SC. I always thought you had a super low mileage SC or something.
Old 07-10-11, 08:13 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kira X
That looks great man! I wasn't sure how you had such nice seats in your SC. I always thought you had a super low mileage SC or something.
Thank you brotha Yea thats how I got my seats to look like that. Sadly I wish my SC had lower miles when I got it 3 years ago. Had 127k at purchase...and now has 170k. Still never get tired of it
Old 07-10-11, 08:32 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Thank you brotha Yea thats how I got my seats to look like that. Sadly I wish my SC had lower miles when I got it 3 years ago. Had 127k at purchase...and now has 170k. Still never get tired of it
Whoa! They weren't that high when you got it, but it's high now. It still looks awesome though.

I was going to go with leatherseats.com since they're local, but I'll have to look into getting my current seats re-upholstered and re-dyed instead.
Old 07-11-11, 06:51 AM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, that looks great PRS. Anybody else have pictures of their reupholstered seats?
Old 07-11-11, 01:48 PM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

I got some coverking seat covers. The tan color is a little off but for 200 bucks they're pretty good. I'll post a picture

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good option for worn out leather seats?