xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine redone. ill have pics when I swap my dash
Old 07-13-11, 05:37 PM
boost2pt4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leatherseats.com is were I got mine.did It my self. Came out great. Have to know how to use Hog rig pliers,and hog rings.
Old 07-13-11, 06:32 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

iggee seat covers off ebay ....win...

Last edited by scviolence; 02-23-12 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-13-11, 06:47 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

some more cloth ebay 20$ covers

yes 20 dollars......this is the product of doing it right no not just "slippin em on"

Last edited by scviolence; 02-23-12 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-13-11, 06:56 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Go to a good automotive upholstery shop and find out if they have someone who is good at re-dying your seats. You may think I'm nuts but my upholster guy has over 30 years in the auto upholstery business and does alot of dye work/cleaning on seats to bring them back to life.

Here are some pics of my fronts seats that were re-dyed oem tan.

As you can see they look almost brand new. No that is not how I bought the car with the seats looking like that. My seats had some minor wear issues but no major cracks or jacked up front seats. If your seats are in that bad of shape just get them re-upholstered.

This cost me roughly 110 per seat which was a good price IMO and didn't involve buying another full front and rear leather kit that does not match up as well as OEM.

Oh and the seats have been dyed now like this for almost 2 years and still look just the way they did when they were freshly re-dyed.
wow the inside of your car is my inspiration its so clean...my car interior needs to be re done and i need new door panels... btw where did you buy that three spoke steering wheel..
Old 07-13-11, 07:08 PM
MikeSC
Driver School Candidate

Awesome ! My 92sc will need seats ,,, if I can sweet talk my wife into it !
Old 07-13-11, 11:06 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by unknown159
wow the inside of your car is my inspiration its so clean...my car interior needs to be re done and i need new door panels... btw where did you buy that three spoke steering wheel..
Haha...I'm glad you like it unknown159 I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to keeping my interior and exterior clean at all times. I'm probably more obsessed with the interior since it is the part I see everyday and the place you spend the most time

Definitely check out the SC classifieds section where aliga and RGW are our junkyards guys for SC parts, including those door panels.

I got the steering wheel from aliga here on the forum and I got the airbag from ebay. Both parts are from a 99-00 SC.
Old 07-14-11, 11:44 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

If the seats are repairable, I would just use some SEM filler, and a little work, and spray them back with leather SEM paint.. If not, then I would buy a set of leather from leatherseats.com. They hold up pretty well, from alot of folks on here. JMO.
Old 07-14-11, 01:41 PM
TTschmitta
Driver

Go to a good automotive upholstery shop and find out if they have someone who is good at re-dying your seats. You may think I'm nuts but my upholster guy has over 30 years in the auto upholstery business and does alot of dye work/cleaning on seats to bring them back to life.

As you can see they look almost brand new. No that is not how I bought the car with the seats looking like that. My seats had some minor wear issues but no major cracks or jacked up front seats. If your seats are in that bad of shape just get them re-upholstered.

This cost me roughly 110 per seat which was a good price IMO and didn't involve buying another full front and rear leather kit that does not match up as well as OEM.

Oh and the seats have been dyed now like this for almost 2 years and still look just the way they did when they were freshly re-dyed.
I think i just asked about ur seats in another thread just a minute ago caz they look so damn clean..i am very jealous lol, but what steering wheel is that? Mine is sun damaged and i was looking to switch to a black one but the black stock sc's are just as worn and sun damaged.
Old 07-14-11, 03:38 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTschmitta
I think i just asked about ur seats in another thread just a minute ago caz they look so damn clean..i am very jealous lol, but what steering wheel is that? Mine is sun damaged and i was looking to switch to a black one but the black stock sc's are just as worn and sun damaged.
Haha...thanks for the compliment TTschmitta Yea I don't see too many SCs here in FL that have better OEM seats than mine, unless they have newly re-upholstered ones.

The steering wheel is from a 99-00 SC. It also came in the 2nd gen GS as well. I would check the SC classifieds section on here or ebay to try and get one. But finding a black one in mint condition is pretty rare so I would prepare to wait a while and check almost everyday to get lucky.
Old 07-15-11, 12:31 AM
Billy305
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by scviolence

yes 20 dollars......this is the product of doing it right no not just "slippin em on"
Which seat covers are those from ebay? Looking at getting mine redone but this is a good temporary solution for me. It looks good.
Old 07-21-11, 12:23 PM
TTschmitta
Driver

unfortuantly my driver seat is cracked and ripped pretty bad..will the katzkins fix this or will i need them upholstered? And how much did u say this cost again for upholstery? BTW I just got onto the polyurathane lip forum, hope it works out!
Old 07-21-11, 12:55 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTschmitta
unfortuantly my driver seat is cracked and ripped pretty bad..will the katzkins fix this or will i need them upholstered? And how much did u say this cost again for upholstery? BTW I just got onto the polyurathane lip forum, hope it works out!
Cracks are repairable with a dye job since that is what I had on my seats. Rips in the leather or not repairable and will need a complete reupholstery job.

The katzkins I believe is a full leather replacement kit for both front seats and rear seats so yes that would solve your problem. Getting the seats reupholstered at a shop would also do the trick. For an upholstery job really sky is the limit. You could get some premium leather, or synthetic leather, or suede, etc. Upholstery for both front and rear seats would probably run you around 800 bucks roughly depending on the shop.

Just saw you post on the lip group buy. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed it works out for all of us
Old 07-21-11, 09:19 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scviolence
I wanna know about the back seat -- how is the bottom part installed so that it goes into the buckets? I plan to do a cover on my back seat and I was worried the lower part of the seat would be taut like a drum if I didn't glue the cover onto the leather --- which I'm not opposed to doing since the leather is SHOT anyway.

Quick Reply: Good option for worn out leather seats?