SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

trading 92 dwp sc4 for 83 corolla wagon. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 07:04 PM
Launch1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Are you seriously thinking about this trade? I'm dumbfounded... wtf!!!
What he said.
Old 05-23-11, 07:25 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corolla. I'd trade mine for one.
Old 05-23-11, 08:22 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

If you want that thing then I guess that's what you've gotta do.
Old 05-23-11, 09:47 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL Wtf!!!
Old 05-23-11, 10:18 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Damn I really wish I would have seen this whole JDM fad coming..... I would have bought the crap out of 80's RWD Toyota's for $400-$500 bucks a pop back in 2000.... I dunno but honestly I've found the little stuff nickels and dimes you on old cars... Yes, paint, bags, and a few other large ticket items may be X amount of dollars that, if those were the only things the car needed, would yield a profit for your future down payment on a 300, but all the other little crap the car is going to need will really start to cut in on that profit.. Bushings, brakes, bearings, seals, miscellaneous trim parts, blah blah all add up. It seems like it would make a better second car / toy than a DD (as with most older cars)

If you want it, then you want it....and buy it for that, don't expect it to yield a profit in the end, and you won't be disappointed.
Old 05-23-11, 10:47 PM
Emilio253
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scottys209
Damn I really wish I would have seen this whole JDM fad coming..... I would have bought the crap out of 80's RWD Toyota's for $400-$500 bucks a pop back in 2000.... I dunno but honestly I've found the little stuff nickels and dimes you on old cars... Yes, paint, bags, and a few other large ticket items may be X amount of dollars that, if those were the only things the car needed, would yield a profit for your future down payment on a 300, but all the other little crap the car is going to need will really start to cut in on that profit.. Bushings, brakes, bearings, seals, miscellaneous trim parts, blah blah all add up. It seems like it would make a better second car / toy than a DD (as with most older cars)

If you want it, then you want it....and buy it for that, don't expect it to yield a profit in the end, and you won't be disappointed.
that's some great advice, I'm glad there are people on here that still give a thorough opinion and not just a "LOL" or "WTF"..

I asked for opinions, not abbreviations

but I will definitely take your words into consideration because it does need a rear left door molding piece.. And who knows what will break during the mods..
Old 05-23-11, 11:03 PM
koolcat
Pole Position

I think you should look for some 280z or 240z, well to me it looks way better than that corolla. But then again to each man his own cup of tea. Like Scotty said both way u will still gonna spend money to make it the way u want, unless u just gonna DD.

well here is what im talking bout or what you can maybe achieve:
Old 05-23-11, 11:11 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Do. Not. Trade.
Old 05-24-11, 12:11 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i mean its for personal reference only, if you plan to never pick up any girls for the rest of your life than do the corolla, otherwise the SC will still turn heads
Old 05-24-11, 12:43 AM
InhumaneSC
Driver

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
wow, R U SRS? RLY why r you on the forums? if your asking this question just trade and TTYL. i mean did u ever think he wants to trade you because its FREKKIN OLD, trade him your indash dvd and wheels for the corolla...

Agreed...and ew a wagon...passsss.....ones high mileage and ones old as the earth your going to have problems with both....pick your poison...one looks like a nice car one looks like something you'd see and old man driving to his weekly meetings in. It it was an 86 or something ok..but a corolla wagon....stick with the SC
Old 05-24-11, 06:36 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude u can't even really buy parts for that old corolla unless u live in puerto rico.
find something way newer to trade for instead of that corolla.

like a 90's era corolla.
Old 05-24-11, 08:50 AM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People laughed at my 80 Corolla hatchback in high school (1990ish). It was totaled in 1992 and I got a whopping $900 for it. It's amazing that it'd be worth thousands today.

And DoomLight, your nick made me remember a gif I made probably 10 years ago when people kept typing that instead of "dome light".

Imagine this on your instrument cluster:

It's far more serious than a CEL
Old 05-24-11, 05:42 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

No problem man....Good luck either way!

One more word of advise, trades generally throw up a red-flag for me..... Rarely is a trade mutually advantageous. You really have to take a look at why the other guy is trading, and look closely, because if he could sell that car for, say $2K, plus the $1K he's throwing in, he should be able to buy a decent 92-94 SC400 with a few less miles than yours (no offense). Now, if his car has some issues that he's really looking to wiggle his way out of, then ya. Again, trades are usally red-flags for me, usually they come out about 70/30, one guy gets a bargain, the other gets screwed. Now, I'm sure people will immediately want to flame this up with stories of how thier trades went perfect, so let me add this disclaimer

*The above information does not necessarily represent the views of this forum or the majority of it's members. It is a representation of one member's experiences, and therefore is intended for entertainment purposes only. This member recognizes that other members have been involved in positive trading situations, these people rarely make mistakes and are generally considered by themselves as experts in every aspect of life.
Old 05-24-11, 05:56 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by scottys209
No problem man....Good luck either way!

One more word of advise, trades generally throw up a red-flag for me..... Rarely is a trade mutually advantageous. You really have to take a look at why the other guy is trading, and look closely, because if he could sell that car for, say $2K, plus the $1K he's throwing in, he should be able to buy a decent 92-94 SC400 with a few less miles than yours (no offense). Now, if his car has some issues that he's really looking to wiggle his way out of, then ya. Again, trades are usally red-flags for me, usually they come out about 70/30, one guy gets a bargain, the other gets screwed. Now, I'm sure people will immediately want to flame this up with stories of how thier trades went perfect, so let me add this disclaimer

*The above information does not necessarily represent the views of this forum or the majority of it's members. It is a representation of one member's experiences, and therefore is intended for entertainment purposes only. This member recognizes that other members have been involved in positive trading situations, these people rarely make mistakes and are generally considered by themselves as experts in every aspect of life.
let me sum up scottys polite post,

only a fool would trade his sc for a 83 corrola wagon, if u even have to ask this question i think we would be glad to see u go.

bye and good luck(riddens)
Old 05-24-11, 06:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Don't trade the SC for a Corolla. Just sell the SC and buy a new car.

Quick Reply: trading 92 dwp sc4 for 83 corolla wagon. Opinions?