SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My brand new, very very rare Toyota rims :-D

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 05:38 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks alright personally I think it largely depends on the color of your ride.. Yeah unfortunately most lexus not just sc owners are into the stupid camber settings where as I am not. Like I said before f everyone else if you like it its good enough for me to appreciate your taste...
Old 05-24-11, 05:45 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
Those wheels are epic. Honestly, most of the people on this forum have ruined their SC's by putting hideous and massive wheels with massive offsets on because all they care about are looks not performance which is why I don't post here very much anymore. I'm
running 18x8 +35 350z wheels and the front ones stick out too far so a 45 offset will look perfect.
these wheels are epic??

you are either on drugs or in recovery(methadone)
Originally Posted by Joey-E
Hideous looking wheels for the SC
Invest in some better wheels
joey we both had our original posts withdrawn for being honest, these wheels are no better then stocks, nuff said

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
The style isn't really my cup of tea. They look too 'designed' for an SC, which I (personally) think look best with a simple geometrically shaped wheel (mesh, straight 5 spoke, etc...).

I'm also not one for the hellaflush fad (yeah, I said fad, so all of you fanboys can suck it) but I think they'll still sit pretty far in. My wheels are 18x9 and 18x10, with +24 and +22 offsets, respectively, and they sit literally flush to the fender with no poke.

That all said, what the wheels are and the fact that the design is based on function is awesome. Congrats. I wanna see some pictures of these 8-pot brakes!
mongoose your blather . drivel, mumbo jumbo is best left alone, no one asked what ur wheels specs were ......go clean ur room
Old 05-24-11, 06:03 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=1WILLY1;641520 mongoose your blather . drivel, mumbo jumbo is best left alone, no one asked what ur wheels specs were ......go clean ur room[/QUOTE]

You're right, nobody asked my wheel specs. However, my post was relevant to the thread. Yours was not only irrelevant, it was stupid.
Old 05-24-11, 06:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Mongoose, ***** exit this thread and take it to PM in the future please.

If you don't care for each other, use the ignore list https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist
Old 05-24-11, 06:27 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like them! They have that classic Lexus OEM look. The fact that they draw air into the brakes to assist with lowering temps is definitely cool!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about the negative comments some of the guys posted up...Being honest is fine...But some people confuse ridiculously rude with honest...and that is incorrect.

Rock the wheels and enjoy them!

Ryan
Old 05-25-11, 01:44 AM
fazy_uk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"No better than stock" ?

I listed all the ways that these rims are much better than stock. If some of you chose to skip past all of that entirely and straight to the insults, thats not my fault. Many times on this forum I've seen 20+ " rims fitted that are chromed and in my opinion look terrible but I don't try to get people down over it.

These rims are functional not just pretty and shiny. And messing around with camber and spacers, or tire stretching is not such a big craze in the UK. My wheels fit and work and will certainly improve my handling, looks, and allow me to upgrade the brakes in future to anything i want.

And again, thanks to all who like the look of them. This has become a very interesting post, since people literally either love or hate them.

Andy
Old 05-25-11, 08:20 AM
LexFather

My teaser pics

On an IS

On a GS

Old 05-25-11, 10:21 AM
fazy_uk
Rookie

1SickLex: You have a set too right? I have seen the IS pic but not the other 2 they look pretty nice. Did you buy through eBay? I got through a private seller at a much lower price than was listed
Old 05-25-11, 12:26 PM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are they made to draw in air when all the wheels go in one direction? So one side draws in air and the other side pushes out air? Not my cup of tea but the OP should care anyways it's his car not ours. Get what you like not what other people like.
Old 04-09-12, 01:57 PM
LEXUSonFir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Midengtoy
How are they made to draw in air when all the wheels go in one direction? So one side draws in air and the other side pushes out air? Not my cup of tea but the OP should care anyways it's his car not ours. Get what you like not what other people like.
(Drawing air in) would be the wrong phrase, its more like drawing air through it. based on the way a fan works, it pulls air through it and pushes it out depending on whatever direction its faced. so when you put it that the wheels on the other side push it out, they also would be pulling it through so therefore cooling both ways.

nice set of alloys, remember when they were for sale and still kicking myself that i didnt go for set

Give us a shout if anyone has any of these 19" tte alloys for sale?

Cheers
Old 04-09-12, 03:56 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

look too big to me.
Old 04-09-12, 05:50 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

not bad at all man!
Old 04-09-12, 08:02 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you bought some Oem looking wheels?
Old 04-09-12, 08:50 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think they'll look too bad if you stretch the tires, but all people care about now is how aggressive the lip is. I hope you didn't pay a whole lot for these :\
Old 04-09-12, 10:08 PM
2slow2care
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they will look nice. Good factory wheels and with some spacers they will look right Nice find

Quick Reply: My brand new, very very rare Toyota rims :-D