SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I've gone gangsta yo!!

Old 05-05-11, 07:44 PM
NCMatt83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've gone gangsta yo!!

Well I guess my car has turned itself into a thug. You see, I've been having this HORRID squeak noise in the rear of my SC300. The car is so quiet it was all I could hear even over the slightest of bumps. Sunday I got so fed up I was bound and determined to get to the bottom of it so I proceeded to disassemble the trunk piece by piece and found the culprit in just a few minutes. Turns out it was a missing nut on one of the bolts that attach the rear bumper. But why the bolt was missing is very perplexing. I firmly believe that my car was owned by a gangster or drug dealer and the bolt was blown off by a bullet! Just check out the pic. Being as my car was only owned by one individual, I've been trying to track down the owner with no luck. Now I REALLY wanna know who had this car!
Old 05-05-11, 07:51 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to start ripping the seats and carpet out, may find some lost gangsta treasure!
Old 05-05-11, 07:53 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, that's interesting...where did you buy this car? sounds like some gansta a** sh^^ me, lol j/k...any pics of the whole car?
Old 05-05-11, 08:16 PM
NCMatt83
Driver School Candidate

I bought this car from a small dealership in Mint Hill NC. It was a local NC car, owned by someone in the Rutherfordton/Spindale area. It was bought in September 2000 at Hendrick Lexus of Charlotte and I believe it was eventually traded in there sometime this past January. I emailed one of the guys that still works there (I found his old business card in the owner's manual, figured he sold the car originally) to see if he remembered it or if they had any record of selling it or it being traded in but of course never heard anything back. I figured there was a chance someone would remember it. Only 581 SC300's were made in 2000 and I can't imagine the dealer got very many of them. But yeah, the original owner was a pretty high roller as there was never a lien reported on carfax. He paid CA$H!! Here's a pic of the car as it is now. I added some different wheels and tinted the windows to "protect the innocent" LOL!
Old 05-05-11, 08:22 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

lol interesting story
Old 05-05-11, 08:27 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

car payed outright with CASH + bullet hole in trunk = probably a Mobster's car.
Old 05-05-11, 08:37 PM
Warrenlex
Driver School Candidate

Cool story. Same color as mine.
Old 05-05-11, 09:01 PM
saleens281
Rookie

Pretty cool story... hopefully thats the only bullet hole lol.

I use to help my friend here in cali buy cars and ship them to his dealership in Oklahoma. One day I went to a open public auction near san ysidro by the border where some are seized vehicles and they sell them off. Well I got a few cars at the auction and drove home a fairly decent QX45. Short story I ran out of gas after the fuel gauge showed a half tank. Called AAA and got me some gas enough to get me to a gas station. I pulled into the gas station and filled her up. Again the gauge showed a half tank and didn't move. When I got home we put her on the lift at a friends shop dropped the gas tank and it was apparent border patrol forgot a few packages . Needless to say you'll never know what you may find lol
Old 05-05-11, 10:22 PM
booga
Pole Position

Originally Posted by saleens281
it was apparent border patrol forgot a few packages .
Nice score!
Old 05-06-11, 12:47 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post more pics of the structure around that hole, it looks like the area may be crumpled. If there was a collision, the hole may have been punched by whatever hit the car, and the bolt could have been left off during the repair process.
Old 05-06-11, 12:53 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Post more pics of the structure around that hole, it looks like the area may be crumpled. If there was a collision, the hole may have been punched by whatever hit the car, and the bolt could have been left off during the repair process.
Hey man it's a bullet hole!
Old 05-06-11, 01:49 PM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

lol interesting story. I don't think I would want find the owner if I knew something like that went down.
Old 05-06-11, 03:18 PM
booga
Pole Position

look for more bullet holes.

spray the trunk and passenger area with luminol and go CSI on that.

Last edited by booga; 05-06-11 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-06-11, 04:04 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy bought a ranger at in auction in otay mesa here in san diego. The power window motor on driver side wasnt working so he bought a new one and went to install it. Low and behold a gun in the door. Called the 5-0 and that was that. Your story is legit...better if it was a mobster
Old 05-06-11, 07:28 PM
MastrShake
Driver School Candidate

Time to check for bags of coke hidden under the car lolz
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I've gone gangsta yo!!