SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

For all you xxr people that like xxr wheels (much better than ******)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-11, 10:30 PM
VinnyMac
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly man, there will always be haters, people to slow you down, or make you think twice. Go with instincts and do what you love.

The wheels weren't actually meant for my car to begin with. They were supposed to go on my bros BMW, but he couldn't get them to fit right without having to do some fender rolling. So...I took them off his hands. Fenders are rolled from the previous owner, but it's not really needed since my tires are stretched (I hate stretched). Running 225/40/18's all around...When tires need to be replaced, I'm thinking 245's or 255's all around. Then I'll def need to do some fender work and I'll be ready to plant the car through some corners.
Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm running a 10mm spacer in the rear. I could use a 10 in the front as well, but I'm going to wait until I get the new tire setup on there.

526's aren't a bad choice either. Gloss black over white is never a bad option, but ya, I like some color on my cars. Possibilities are endless!

Last edited by VinnyMac; 04-26-11 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-26-11, 10:54 PM
Gimpster
Driver

I actually like your wheels VinnyMac, but then again I used to drive this around town (1982 RX7 w/302). It was known as "skittle" in the region people can suckit.

Old 04-26-11, 10:57 PM
Taste
Driver

Originally Posted by VinnyMac
Exactly man, there will always be haters, people to slow you down, or make you think twice. Go with instincts and do what you love.

The wheels weren't actually meant for my car to begin with. They were supposed to go on my bros BMW, but he couldn't get them to fit right without having to do some fender rolling. So...I took them off his hands. Fenders are rolled from the previous owner, but it's not really needed since my tires are stretched (I hate stretched). Running 225/40/18's all around...When tires need to be replaced, I'm thinking 245's or 255's all around. Then I'll def need to do some fender work and I'll be ready to plant the car through some corners.
Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm running a 10mm spacer in the rear. I could use a 10 in the front as well, but I'm going to wait until I get the new tire setup on there.

526's aren't a bad choice either. Gloss black over white is never a bad option, but ya, I like some color on my cars. Possibilities are endless!
yeah i don't really favor stretched tires too much and as far as camber, i can understand a few degrees but when your camber looks like your cars wheels are gonna fly off that's doing too much lol
Old 04-26-11, 11:08 PM
VinnyMac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gimpster
I actually like your wheels VinnyMac, but then again I used to drive this around town (1982 RX7 w/302). It was known as "skittle" in the region people can suckit.

Thanks! Thats probably the gnarliest 7 I've seen! Must have been awesome!
Are those 'Vette sawblades in the rear and toyota corolla wheels up front? It's like an identity crisis, lol, but I totally dig it!

Originally Posted by Taste
yeah i don't really favor stretched tires too much and as far as camber, i can understand a few degrees but when your camber looks like your cars wheels are gonna fly off that's doing too much lol
Ya, the fitment/flush thing isn't ideal in my book either. Slight camber is good, but when you start lookin like a hovercraft down the road, you got issues. lol, btw, sorry for kinda jackin up your thread. I just wanted to contribute what 521's look like on the SC's and of course my wheels start a civil war.
Old 04-27-11, 12:26 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I think it's now universally known that you don't know what you're talking about...

(My prior black Volks) Btw, If you have the $ for eight XXR's why not step up?
lol you got pwned, i loved the direction UZZ-TT's sc was heading, especially the black wheels
Old 04-27-11, 05:40 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll never get that 10min back...
Old 04-27-11, 05:52 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

lmao gimp---that thing would surely turn heads in any town.

And vinny mac were not being 'haters' its just your wheels look terrible.

First the color choices and second the mix matched nonsense just doesnt go.

There are good ways to get attention than there are bad ways.

Good luck i guess
Old 04-27-11, 06:35 AM
Gimpster
Driver

Those are stock 7 wheels in front, and in the rear it was some really old Enkei's of which I don't know the model. Looked just like old C4 wheels though and I was asked that a lot. Those were my drag radial wheels. I had a pair for the front too, but at that time I didn't have tires on them yet.

The old 7's have a goofy bolt pattern that made finding anything in 15" a royal PITA.

I didn't do the paint job actually, I got the car as a roller that way. My understanding from the previous owner was that it had been painted identically to a Hotwheels RX7.

Anyway I'll bow out

Thanks! Thats probably the gnarliest 7 I've seen! Must have been awesome!
Are those 'Vette sawblades in the rear and toyota corolla wheels up front? It's like an identity crisis, lol, but I totally dig it!
Old 04-27-11, 07:18 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have xxr 521's 18x8.5 all around custom powder coated.

They were black, but I couldn't stand the murdered out look.
LOVE IT. Althought I probably wouldnt have the ***** to do it myself, maybe if I was younger..
Old 04-27-11, 08:30 AM
VinnyMac
Pole Position

My understanding from the previous owner was that it had been painted identically to a Hotwheels RX7.
I'm guessing you didn't get the matching hotwheels car then? Should def do a hunt for it. I think it would be worth it...if not, find a R/C car and replicate it!

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
And vinny mac were not being 'haters'
I didn't call anyone a hater, I just let you guys have your opinions. Like I said, I'm not here to fight/judge anyone. I already explained my reasoning as to why I did them in this fashion. I appreciate the goodluck tho, have a good day!

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
LOVE IT. Althought I probably wouldnt have the ***** to do it myself, maybe if I was younger..
Thank you very much and haha, ya, it's not something most people are willing to pull off. It takes time to get used to, but everywhere I go, it's nothing but double takes, people stopping me at lights, and asking about my car.
Old 04-27-11, 02:23 PM
samc
Driver School Candidate

ehh, he was asking what I thought. he shouldn't have asked a whole forum if he couldn't take it. he's asking a forum of lexus people to justify him purchasing a set of knockoff cheap wheels in cheap lookin black. if you like them, holy ****... just buy em! and this is coming from someone who purchased a set of xxr 527's when they were first release on zilvia's gb from next level motoring for the s13 vert... **** looks awesome in every color...

except black

plus I can't run black wheels. clubloose's rulebook specifically states:

Black wheels are expressly forbidden at all Club Loose events under penalty of public humiliation
for having no taste, includes flat black, matte black, gloss black and “Time Attack” style.

i agree lol
Old 04-27-11, 02:27 PM
samc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I think it's now universally known that you don't know what you're talking about...

(My prior black Volks) Btw, If you have the $ for eight XXR's why not step up?
im confused, a subjective subject like opinions of a certain wheel and/or it's color indicates.. what now?

btw volks don't count... they're volks lol
Old 04-27-11, 02:33 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have xxr 521's 18x8.5 all around custom powder coated.

They were black, but I couldn't stand the murdered out look.
Props on having the ballz to do that, but as far as looks, I think it looks hideous to be quite honest...but to each his own. If it was my car, I would have done gold, silver, hell even white or purple if I wanted to stand out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so plz don't flame mine...
Old 04-27-11, 04:15 PM
VinnyMac
Pole Position

I appreciate guys like you Evileagle. My previous car was an S14 (Ya, I'm part of the whole 240 to SC crew - unfortunately).

I had purple wheels already...so if you can understand that now..it's a reason why I went a little more unique...or alot..depending how you feel.

Edit: Again to the OP! Sorrrrryyy for this mess in this thread. I'll stop posting unless I really need to.

Last edited by VinnyMac; 04-27-11 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-27-11, 05:31 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Vinny we need to get a photo shoot its your car do what you like

Quick Reply: For all you xxr people that like xxr wheels (much better than ******)