pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scenforcer, where you at?
Old 02-17-11, 11:13 PM
Copilot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my soarer for $4500 with 108,000kms on it, and it is 5speed. If you want an SC300 in 5speed in canada its way cheaper to just buy a soarer, there are many of them here.

But then again this car is probably pretty rare and a lot newer, too bad it has 200,000km and its only 11 years old.
Old 02-17-11, 11:26 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

This is a Club Lexus member by the way... I like that car.
Old 02-18-11, 12:46 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, this is my car, so take it easy on the snide remarks please.

Originally Posted by ClearP
I think he's pretty active on this forum, the car is in great condition, it's very rare for Canada to have 1999 as I do not believe they offer anything above 1995. He has recently been talking about replacing a ton of parts so needless to say maintenance has been done accordingly. Overall, very clean car, if you're in the market for a well maintained car, not souped up or modified, this is a good choice for you. I also dont think his target audience is in your age group either.

As for the navigation, it's a carpc, it's a bit more sophisticated and complicated than Future shop double din, my guess is this thing can go online, play dvd's, control ipods, watch videos, run itunes, and cook a steak for you while you drive. Is it a bit overpriced for 2k, maybe, but that depends on what he has in it.
Thanks ClearP, seems like some of us on CL have nothing against a kid with a '92 SC that can barely get out of its own way.
The carPC can do all that and more, and I mean that almost in a literal way lol. Full internet, bluetooth, and all those other things you said on a 150GB hard drive (literally too much to list). I'm currently in the process of formatting the entire PC so it runs smoother. Then I'll be installing an OBD2 scanner where I can view/clear engine codes, probably even tune the engine from the program as well, and I'm currently researching HD radio options and whether or not I can install a police scanner into it rather than having a scanner stuck to my windshield. I'm trying to teach is how to make a good medium-rare steak, but the piece of crap keeps on over-cooking them
Oh and not to mention the top of the line Alpine PDX-5 amp that its all running through (which retails from $500-$800). I'd say $2k for the carPC is a steal as it sits now given the work and craftsmanship thats gone into making it look completely stock.
I have to mention that part of the carPC has been installed by ex-forum member Mike (kratos) over at SoundsGood Audio. I'd say Mike and his guys are one of the best car audio installers in the province. I actually by chance moved into the same building as him (small world eh?) and he's been nice enough to give a helping hand whenever I need it. You can check out the work he did to his SC before selling it here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...o-go-pics.html
Some of you have been following my carPC build and know what I'm talking about. (Btw, I know I know, its been forever but its almost done!)

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
please tell me more about canada not offering anything over a 95.

ive said it before that ive not once ever seen a 98-00 for sale or even driving around here in canada, why is that?

is this what he means by 950 made?950 offered in canada?i still dont know

thanks
You are correct. There was only 905* (not 950) 1999 SC400 produced by Lexus in total. Even less in color code 057 (called Golden White Pearl I believe?). I think I've seen more Black/Black '99's than I have white ones when I was looking for a new SC. And trust me, I thought I wouldn't settle on anything less than a Black/Black SC when I started looking before I stumbled on this one.
None of the 905 were sold in Canada. In fact, no SC's were sold in Canada after 1995, and SC300's were never sold in Canada either. Thats why you dont see any, and thats why I'm quite certain I have the only '99 for sale in the entire country.
Having said that you CANT look at SC's in the US and compare them to something for sale in Canada. The market and availability is completely different, therefore prices will be different. This goes for NEW and USED cars. A brand new Lexus will be more expensive in Canada than the exact same car at a dealership in the US; thats just the way it is. In fact, when the dollar started coming close to par in the past year or two, there was a huge uproar from consumers who were pissed at paying more for the exact same car in Canada. Some manufacturers have adjusted their prices (Porsche was on of them, not too sure currently about Lexus), and some havent. This is also why my family has been very successful at owning/operating a car dealership, where we purchase cars in the US, import them to Canada, and sell them here to make a living.
Additionally the only other 98+ SC's that I'm aware even EXIST in Canada are owned by forum member 'bcsc400' 1999 Black/Tan in Victoria, and a 1998 Red/Tan owned by 'Neil4Speed' in Calgary.
So EXCUSE ME for having a complete monopoly of vvti SC's fro sale in Canada, but I think I coulda pretty much priced it at whatever-the-hell I wanted

In addition to this, some of you are aware of the maintenance work that has gone into this car. I have an ongoing maintenance thread where I'm posting all the maintenance work I'm doing to the car. Last week I replaced the sparks with NGK Iridium's, and next on the list will be engine/transmission mounts, and bushings. I also have a whole binder full of receipts of ALL the maintenance work done to the car by myself to date, AND from the previous two owners. Although it has almost 200,000 km's on it I would bet money on the fact that its probably one of the best running/maintained vehicles on this forum. Everyone in my family is **** about maintaining our cars, my dad even gets all bent outta shape when I leave the car parked on the street rather than the garage.
The car gets detailed professionally twice a year (before and after winter) to prevent ant sort of paint/clear-coat wear and damage.

Having said all that, I still realize the price is high. And to be completely honest I dont want to sell the car at all. Its hands down the best car I've ever owned, and it would take about $13K to pry it away from my grasps. So, why not put it up for sale for that much? Value is in the eye of the beholder, and if someone is willing to pay that much for my car then its there's! I would never know if I didnt have it up for sale now would I?
Sure you can go try to find a '99 somewhere in the US and pay a bit less. But you'll never truly know what your getting until you see it personally (after a bit of a trip I'd imagine).

PS: If you do that, have fun with the importation paperwork

Last edited by scENFORCER; 02-18-11 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-18-11, 04:15 AM
94LEXUS400
Driver

There is 98+ Red sc400 running around in Ottawa too.
Old 02-18-11, 05:39 AM
HEWJsc4
Pole Position

My Canadian car double is for sale? How come? And SCenforcer, can you link me to your maintenance thread? Thx!
Old 02-18-11, 07:05 AM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Hands down one of the cleanest and well maintained SC's on the forum. Maybe a more mature audience will be interested in this vehicle. GLWS
Old 02-18-11, 07:14 AM
SexyLexy
Rookie

The Kelly Blue Book on that year, make, model, mileage in "good" condition for private party value is $8215...........
Old 02-18-11, 07:22 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Looks like a member named SCenforcer on here or something like that.
Old 02-18-11, 07:26 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Yes, this is my car, so take it easy on the snide remarks please.

Thanks ClearP, seems like some of us on CL have nothing against a kid with a '92 SC that can barely get out of its own way.
The carPC can do all that and more, and I mean that almost in a literal way lol. Full internet, bluetooth, and all those other things you said on a 150GB hard drive (literally too much to list). I'm currently in the process of formatting the entire PC so it runs smoother. Then I'll be installing an OBD2 scanner where I can view/clear engine codes, probably even tune the engine from the program as well, and I'm currently researching HD radio options and whether or not I can install a police scanner into it rather than having a scanner stuck to my windshield. I'm trying to teach is how to make a good medium-rare steak, but the piece of crap keeps on over-cooking them
Oh and not to mention the top of the line Alpine PDX-5 amp that its all running through (which retails from $500-$800). I'd say $2k for the carPC is a steal as it sits now given the work and craftsmanship thats gone into making it look completely stock.
I have to mention that part of the carPC has been installed by ex-forum member Mike (kratos) over at SoundsGood Audio. I'd say Mike and his guys are one of the best car audio installers in the province. I actually by chance moved into the same building as him (small world eh?) and he's been nice enough to give a helping hand whenever I need it. You can check out the work he did to his SC before selling it here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...o-go-pics.html
Some of you have been following my carPC build and know what I'm talking about. (Btw, I know I know, its been forever but its almost done!)

You are correct. There was only 905* (not 950) 1999 SC400 produced by Lexus in total. Even less in color code 057 (called Golden White Pearl I believe?). I think I've seen more Black/Black '99's than I have white ones when I was looking for a new SC. And trust me, I thought I wouldn't settle on anything less than a Black/Black SC when I started looking before I stumbled on this one.
None of the 905 were sold in Canada. In fact, no SC's were sold in Canada after 1995, and SC300's were never sold in Canada either. Thats why you dont see any, and thats why I'm quite certain I have the only '99 for sale in the entire country.
Having said that you CANT look at SC's in the US and compare them to something for sale in Canada. The market and availability is completely different, therefore prices will be different. This goes for NEW and USED cars. A brand new Lexus will be more expensive in Canada than the exact same car at a dealership in the US; thats just the way it is. In fact, when the dollar started coming close to par in the past year or two, there was a huge uproar from consumers who were pissed at paying more for the exact same car in Canada. Some manufacturers have adjusted their prices (Porsche was on of them, not too sure currently about Lexus), and some havent. This is also why my family has been very successful at owning/operating a car dealership, where we purchase cars in the US, import them to Canada, and sell them here to make a living.
Additionally the only other 98+ SC's that I'm aware even EXIST in Canada are owned by forum member 'bcsc400' 1999 Black/Tan in Victoria, and a 1998 Red/Tan owned by 'Neil4Speed' in Calgary.
So EXCUSE ME for having a complete monopoly of vvti SC's fro sale in Canada, but I think I coulda pretty much priced it at whatever-the-hell I wanted

In addition to this, some of you are aware of the maintenance work that has gone into this car. I have an ongoing maintenance thread where I'm posting all the maintenance work I'm doing to the car. Last week I replaced the sparks with NGK Iridium's, and next on the list will be engine/transmission mounts, and bushings. I also have a whole binder full of receipts of ALL the maintenance work done to the car by myself to date, AND from the previous two owners. Although it has almost 200,000 km's on it I would bet money on the fact that its probably one of the best running/maintained vehicles on this forum. Everyone in my family is **** about maintaining our cars, my dad even gets all bent outta shape when I leave the car parked on the street rather than the garage.
The car gets detailed professionally twice a year (before and after winter) to prevent ant sort of paint/clear-coat wear and damage.

Having said all that, I still realize the price is high. And to be completely honest I dont want to sell the car at all. Its hands down the best car I've ever owned, and it would take about $13K to pry it away from my grasps. So, why not put it up for sale for that much? Value is in the eye of the beholder, and if someone is willing to pay that much for my car then its there's! I would never know if I didnt have it up for sale now would I?
Sure you can go try to find a '99 somewhere in the US and pay a bit less. But you'll never truly know what your getting until you see it personally (after a bit of a trip I'd imagine).

PS: If you do that, have fun with the importation paperwork
well sc considering there were only 905 of these cars made you certainly have a gem on your hands.

I have always been wondering as to why i never ever ever see a 98-00 sc for sale anywhere and now i know.

From your point of view that you dont really wwant to sell the car unless its for a high price i can understand that.

My opinion is only a real true sc fan would come close to paying that is only if it is in the immaculate shape your describing to us.

I am clueless as to why lexus would only produce so few of these cars?

Anyways sc good luck with the car and all the best
Old 02-18-11, 08:21 AM
Joey91906
Driver School Candidate

125,000 miles isnt that much for an SC, these cars have proven their durability but 15k is too much for that milage even for a 99. if you have trouble finding one in CA can u look in areas in the northeast us? I got my 97 in NY and there are alot to choose from.

SCenforcer i agree with you tho, i always have the 4 sale sign on my sc, i ask alot too only because im not really trying to sell it but if sum1 wants to take it for what i want then why not.
Old 02-18-11, 12:29 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HEWJsc4
My Canadian car double is for sale? How come? And SCenforcer, can you link me to your maintenance thread? Thx!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ce-thread.html

Btw, I realized Mikes stereo pictures were gone. Here's his work..
http://www.soundsgoodauto.com/photos/lexus-sc400/
Old 02-18-11, 07:46 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

guys im going to be perfectly honest, im still in shock about the fact that there are only 905 ----99 sc400's ---made and from my best knowledge only--- 631 2000 sc400's--- made as well.

this to me is quite an amazing fact.

ive been a member on this forum for over a year and not once have i heard anything relating to this topic

this should be common knowledge

why in all the time ive been here has no one made this public knowledge?

even though scenforcer asking alot of money for his car i didnt know it was so rare.

he does have the right to ask basically what he wants--considering the rarity of the vehicle ----the condition and mileage are basically irelevant at this point

although i would still be surprised if anyone pays over 10 000 but thats just my opinion

im shocked that im only learning this now

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 02-18-11 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-18-11, 08:09 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I got these production figures from wikipedia but they seem accurate, the vast majority of sc's I've seen for sale or here are 92, 93, and 95(mine) which were by far the highest production years.

Year SC400 SC300 (MT) Total
1992 19,212 7,074 (1,601) 27,887
1993 9,809 6,036 (910) 16,755
1994 3,675 1,978 (227) 5,880
1995 9,750 5,329 (793) 15,872
1996 2,413 2,118 (232) 4,763
1997 2,261 2,509 (120) 4,890
1998 1,189 1,582 2,771
1999 905 1,910 2,815
2000 324 581 905

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this sc400 overpriced or what????