Search this Thread

Old 01-01-11, 03:02 PM
VIPcarter
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just got her yesterday & introduction

So I guess its time for an introduction,

Hello, the name is Carter

I just picked up a 92 SC with 178k on the clock, Pearl white with TT springs so the prev. owner told me. I picked it up on a trade, had a Mk3 Turbo Supra that was 90% of the way finished on an rebuild.

SC has traction control and the optional diff...? So far its a pretty nice car, no complaints other then a couple. Couple of the lights in the back are burnt out, when i turned the ECT button on with the turn signal the cluster lights blinked with the turns signal. I believe there's a ground somewhere that isn't grounded well enough, but we'll figure that out sometime later.

Oh and the heated seats don't work... which isn't a big deal, but it is a cool feature I'd like to have working again.

No check engine light on, ABS is on along with the light telling me one of the back lights is out. I'm guessing because it only comes on when I put my foot on the break. I did check the filler, its in the middle between full and the low line. I could probably use some...

When the door is open all the way or closed, I can put the driver window up and down, its kinda slow but i think its because the wires that come from the door might have been damaged some how.

Other then that, the 2J sounds nice, has an exhaust leak which is coming from the header.

So far put 120ish on the car, with a little bit of spirited driving here and there. I like it, I'd be in love if it had a turbo but as of right now its a DD. I'll build a race car later

So Today, I decided since its a nice day and around the 50s. I might as well polish up the headlights that had the ugly yellow coating on them. So I hit them with Turtle Wax Headlight Lens restorer.
http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,32
Hit it with some rubbing compound, they look amazing. 100 times better then before, you can actually see inside the housing compared to last night. I'll upload pics when I can but I only got to take one, I'll be working on them again soon 5mins of work that was deff worth it. I also hit the tails with it, just to see if there was an change. They look a hell out alot clearer now

Changed the headlights bulbs to a pair they sold at PepBoys, they claim to have HID Cuts... we'll see. As far as it goes, makes the headlights look pretty nice, but its still day time, so I'm curious to see what they look like at night with clean lens

I plan on taking them apart and cleaning the projector lens, just for added light. Because if you can't see where your going, you'll never get there Quote me if ya'd like, but thats my theory when getting a new car, I have to be able to see where I'm going.

If you guys could give me the part numbers for the other light thats inside the housing, that'd be great. I plan to change all the lights in the car as I keep it, its a DD! Everything has to work! or I want it to anyway.

But anyway, I won't hold you guys up any longer. I just wanted to share my trade and post some pictures when I can. Leave feed back if you look at the post, as I'd like to know what you guys think

These are the pictures I got from the prev. owner, he was a cool dude, but the car hasn't changed outside of the headlights are a hell of alot clearer and those wheels wasn't included. I'll be picking up my Gun Metal MK3 Buzzsaws once I get the money to drive an hour away and meet up with the prev owner for the rest of the stuff he didn't bring along.

Oh and by the way, that ForceFab on the top of the window is gonna go... Maybe tomorrow

Leave me links to little mods if you guys want Thanks
Old 01-01-11, 03:34 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks nice Carter! Welcome.
Old 01-01-11, 04:26 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

That looks good.
Old 01-01-11, 04:29 PM
Darksaga
Driver School Candidate

Looks good! White is always a good SC color. Next to Black that is.
Old 01-01-11, 04:38 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, not a bad looking SC at all. Atleast its a 5-speed, huge plus...but I would get some simple green in the engine bay asap!
Old 01-01-11, 04:40 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

White is better, shows less dirt, dings, and scratches. Black is beautiful when its real clean.

Welcome to the SC community
Old 01-01-11, 05:14 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Nice, not a bad looking SC at all. Atleast its a 5-speed, huge plus...but I would get some simple green in the engine bay asap!
Lol whut? Looks like an auto to me.
Old 01-01-11, 05:26 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats on the pick up
Old 01-01-11, 06:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Lol whut? Looks like an auto to me.
fail!!!, looked like a 5-speed..still needs some simple green..and an r154
Old 01-01-11, 08:54 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats nice SC
Old 01-02-11, 01:10 AM
VIPcarter
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I agree an R154 is in need. But for right now, it'll work as a DD, untill I put up another one

I'd like to see this turbo at some point and time.
Old 01-03-11, 04:47 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

nice find...welcome to CL-use the SEARCH-it is your friend! LOL
Old 01-03-11, 09:01 PM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Coke-white is always sexy on an SC nice pickup
Old 01-04-11, 06:30 AM
pnewman30
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't mind having a white SC at all. Second favorite to black. Nice pick up!
Old 01-04-11, 12:16 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

Looks like a good start!

Quick Reply: Just got her yesterday & introduction