SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

make ur stock headlight HID ready (sorta) :p

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 10:17 PM
blacksc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking make ur stock headlight HID ready (sorta) :p

so i been messing around with my headlights alot lately and heres how i got a btter cutoff and cleaner look to my HID's

*i do not take responsibility if you mess up do at own risk *

stuff u need:
1. sc400/300 headlights (obv)
2. clear coat spray paint
3. double sided tape (i used 3m heavy duty clear)
4. coke/pepsi/any soda can
4. scissors/ razor blade
5. oven
6. screw driver
7. 8mm socket and wrench
8. 10mm (i think) wrench (i used pliers was harder but got it done)
9. sumtin to cover the projector lens (optional but HIGHLY recomded!)

ok steps to take apart headlight can be found at:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...finishing.html
i put mine in the oven on 212 degress for 11 minutes

once the projector is out take your clear coat and shake it up and get ready to spray ur projector lens:

Once its painted take your optional plastic cover and cover the projector from dust, a clean projector is key to good lights (obv)

now tht step is done and u have to wait till it dries we can move on to the nex step, gettin the projector housing out:
to remove the projector housing use the adjustment screws and the bottom bolt lookin thing frm the ball joint:
might have to pull a little once everything is loose

now take the top of the projector off by removing the 2 back screws

now with that apart grab ur can drink whats inside or pour it out sumwhere and cut a rectangular shape big enough to fit inside the projector housing:

ull need 2 of the rectangles make sure they are the same size so both headlights match wen finished

now on to makin the cut off shield with this part u can get creative and design your own cutoff design, i jus went with a standard look but take your 2 rectangles u jus made and lay them on top of eachother then make your design this way they are the same

take the double sided tape and put it on one of the shields u just made and place tht on the stock cut off shield, watch the inside so its not too high or too low make it jus right lol

now reassemble and put ur projector on wen its dry
before you go ahead and put the whole thing back together test your lights to make sure its how u want it if you dont like the cut off go back and tweak it a lil took me about 3 tries to get the look i wanted

once its all back together

i hope this helps everyone and is an easy way to get a good look out of your stock lights for HID's
one thing id advise is getting rid of the square tab in the projector housing gets really noticeable with HIDs i left mine its not terrible but would look so much bttr w.o it
as yu can see i love takin pics of doin work lol ill be doin sum more DIY's also with pics

enjoy
Old 11-23-10, 04:13 PM
ch1ck3n
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing