What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-17, 09:50 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Brought her indoors to enjoy some A/C.
There are times where I wish I could go back to having a clean stock car like that.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasGS4 (07-22-17)
Old 07-22-17, 07:23 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
There are times where I wish I could go back to having a clean stock car like that.
I feel that way sometimes. I think I may buy another low mileage SC someday and leave it mostly stock. I would probably put Supra TT wheels on it and that's it.
Old 07-22-17, 11:47 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Your SC looks so good. I thought you had Supra wheels?

Did you park it inside the dealership? My SC is sitting out behind our dealership burning up.
Thank you, Alonzo. I have 3 sets of wheels I like to rotate around to keep things fresh, however I would let the Supra wheels go if someone was interested.
Old 07-26-17, 06:50 PM
DatMoFo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got rear ended a couple of weeks ago. Didn't think it was that bad until we pulled the bumper and trunk lining. Turns out it has frame damage. It was classified a total loss last Thursday and taken away this morning. It sucked to see all the work I put into it drive away on a truck but I can't afford to buy it back and repair it. One good thing is they valued it at about $2k more than I thought they would.

Old 07-26-17, 07:43 PM
Hookedongo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very sad news about your SC

Originally Posted by DatMoFo
Got rear ended a couple of weeks ago. Didn't think it was that bad until we pulled the bumper and trunk lining. Turns out it has frame damage. It was classified a total loss last Thursday and taken away this morning. It sucked to see all the work I put into it drive away on a truck but I can't afford to buy it back and repair it. One good thing is they valued it at about $2k more than I thought they would.
Very sorry about your car. We can become very attached. Just purchased a 2003 Absolute Redwith white seats and would cry!
Old 07-26-17, 09:22 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Went to the j yard expecting to pull a bunch of black interior pieces out of a 1996 silver/black SC400 only to find out someone beat me to it. Ended up finding an ash tray insert that I've never had the opportunity to find in any SC I've seen at the yards in the past.

Old 07-27-17, 02:47 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a flat, but I'm not worried. IL roll on the spare til I get my rpf1's and finally throw on my ls400 brakes! Front lip after that then the turbo swap madness begins! Wil have a build thread for ya guys!

​​​​
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-dsc_0148.jpg  
Old 07-27-17, 12:34 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

250,000 miles today
Old 07-27-17, 06:57 PM
3stars1sun
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Decided to keep my SC. I tried selling her but realized my car brings me joy everytime I drive it. Time to continue my project. Coilovers and exhaust next.

19" Racinghart C4
Old 07-27-17, 09:33 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Finally got the chance to spend a day working on my car. I reinforced the window trims by epoxying washers to the window trims to secure the bolts, and used some expanding foam in the cavities of the trim. It makes the window trim more rigid and best of all, no more rattles! I also finished up my tail lights and sealed them today.

I washed my car and installed them, but it was too dark to take pictures.

That sucks man. Did you pull out all your custom audio stuff to save for another SC in the future?

Originally Posted by Deceptik1
Went to the j yard expecting to pull a bunch of black interior pieces out of a 1996 silver/black SC400 only to find out someone beat me to it. Ended up finding an ash tray insert that I've never had the opportunity to find in any SC I've seen at the yards in the past.
That's an interesting finish on your trim pieces. Is it a vinyl overlay?

Originally Posted by jadu
250,000 miles today
It's still a baby.

Originally Posted by 3stars1sun
Decided to keep my SC. I tried selling her but realized my car brings me joy everytime I drive it. Time to continue my project. Coilovers and exhaust next.

19" Racinghart C4
I thought you were trying to get some racing hart type-C?
Old 07-28-17, 06:41 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

3stars1sun,

You'll be happy you decided to keep it! Trust me...i've been through 4 SC's and i'm keeping this last one FOREVERRRRRRR! It truly does bring me happiness when I get in it...that feeling is irreplaceable.
Old 07-28-17, 08:09 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 3stars1sun
That's great news, would love to have your SC too. Will be on the lookout for updates.
Old 07-28-17, 06:11 PM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Replaced spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor
Changed rear diff fluid, Change transmission fluid. Found oil in spark plug 5 and 6. Now I got to figure out where it's coming from. On a good note. SHES RUNS GREAT!!!!​​​​​​
Tired now so im going to do coolant tomorrow

Old 07-28-17, 08:27 PM
DatMoFo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
That sucks man. Did you pull out all your custom audio stuff to save for another SC in the future?
Yeah I got all my stuff out. I was actually in the process of rebuilding the system when it happened. I made a new box, pulled my seat and was making a beauty panel/mount for the box and speakers

Originally Posted by Hookedongo
Very sorry about your car. We can become very attached. Just purchased a 2003 Absolute Redwith white seats and would cry!
Thanks. It was my first car and I had a lot of good times in it, sucks to go out like that.
Old 07-29-17, 09:24 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Some day time pictures of the tails installed:

Yeah I got all my stuff out. I was actually in the process of rebuilding the system when it happened. I made a new box, pulled my seat and was making a beauty panel/mount for the box and speakers

Thanks. It was my first car and I had a lot of good times in it, sucks to go out like that.
I hope you're going to get another SC, so your hard work doesn't go to waste.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?