SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-17, 09:57 PM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Swapped hsd coils coils go fortune autos.
Old 05-24-17, 12:43 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Duck05
....... and replaced it with??????
i wish i could say I had some cool aftermarket catback I'm replacing it with, but I dont. Maybe I could get a flange, piping and put something together

Originally Posted by Returd
I'm in the process of putting the same boat anchor onto mine. I like quiet, call me old.
heavy isnt it? but I agree, it does wonders keeping the cabin quiet. This one in particular has an exhaust leak (somewhere) and is actually quite loud!
Old 05-24-17, 01:18 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Installed some battle version solid subframe mounts and titan sway bars

Old 05-25-17, 06:14 AM
Sylexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I had let it sit for 7 months, I did an oil change, replaced the Alternator, battery and 4 new tires. I still need to address valve cover and oil pan leaks. I swear if she makes it through my time in College, she is going to be spoiled.
Old 05-25-17, 10:07 PM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mount/Sways

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Installed some battle version solid subframe mounts and titan sway bars

Looks nice. Any feedback on the feel/results after?
Old 05-28-17, 11:58 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JasGS350
Looks nice. Any feedback on the feel/results after?
I decided to go on a small tour of so cal to test drive the car on Friday night. I drove in a giant circle over 6 freeways and about 120 miles to hang out with different friends. I even stopped by a car meet (which ended up being a club lexus reunion). I ran into some og and former SC owners. I was surprised to find out a few of them still have their SC's in storage, and they're still collecting parts to make a come back as complete package cars.

The car handles great and is much more stable at higher speeds. The difference in ride quality isn't noticeable on smooth roads. On a bad road, it was kind of nauseating to drive. The solid mounts are louder than I was expecting them to be, but it can be drowned out with music. The combination of tein basis coils + titan sways + BV mounts has a good balance for a street car. My rear end lifts going up steep driveways now, so I'll be needing a clutch type LSD in the future to fix this.
Old 05-28-17, 01:24 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I decided to go on a small tour of so cal to test drive the car on Friday night. I drove in a giant circle over 6 freeways and about 120 miles to hang out with different friends. I even stopped by a car meet (which ended up being a club lexus reunion). I ran into some og and former SC owners. I was surprised to find out a few of them still have their SC's in storage, and they're still collecting parts to make a come back as complete package cars.

The car handles great and is much more stable at higher speeds. The difference in ride quality isn't noticeable on smooth roads. On a bad road, it was kind of nauseating to drive. The solid mounts are louder than I was expecting them to be, but it can be drowned out with music. The combination of tein basis coils + titan sways + BV mounts has a good balance for a street car. My rear end lifts going up steep driveways now, so I'll be needing a clutch type LSD in the future to fix this.
Tea Station?
Old 05-28-17, 04:12 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Organized Garage Status
Tea Station?
That sounds like the right one. It was the one in the City of Industry. They're trying to restart the fnm meets, but the reason I called it a cl reunion instead of a meet was because a lot of former owners showed up in their non lexus vehicles to hang out and catch up.
Old 05-29-17, 08:44 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

glad to hear that they're still holding onto them!
Old 05-29-17, 10:10 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

That sounds like the right one. It was the one in the City of Industry. They're trying to restart the fnm meets, but the reason I called it a cl reunion instead of a meet was because a lot of former owners showed up in their non lexus vehicles to hang out and catch up.
Been there once, like 4-5 years ago with my first SC. And someone brought a black LFA and started revving it, **** was celestial. LOL
Old 05-29-17, 11:38 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jadu
glad to hear that they're still holding onto them!
I was glad to hear they still had them too. I haven't seen a few of them in 5+ years, so they were quite surprised to see my car has changed.

Originally Posted by Organized Garage Status
Been there once, like 4-5 years ago with my first SC. And someone brought a black LFA and started revving it, **** was celestial. LOL
I overheard the next meet will be held at Longo Toyota/Lexus. I'm still undecided if I want to take my SC out there since the roads aren't that great. I'm making the drive down south to HRE open house next weekend, so I'll see how I feel about my car after that experience. lol
Old 05-29-17, 01:41 PM
CoOl21
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Michelin pilot sport AS 3+
F: 245/45R18
R: 255/45R18

took her out over the weekend with the new rubber alone the BC coastlines. Amazingly smooth...
Old 05-30-17, 08:51 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

^^^^ looking good man, nice choice of tires!!!
gotta do something about your front bumper though
Old 05-30-17, 07:11 PM
CoOl21
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
^^^^ looking good man, nice choice of tires!!!
gotta do something about your front bumper though
I know...where can I find an aftermarket OEM looking front and rear bumper?
Old 05-31-17, 12:38 AM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CoOl21
I know...where can I find an aftermarket OEM looking front and rear bumper?
KBD body kits ^^
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-jyshnxf7epc3zqz1kaysf3j8qo0wmdd-yixknwm0klypx92ib.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?