live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

oil change today. now just gotta recycle that oil and old oil fiter
Old 03-29-17, 01:59 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY
Ohhh just a few things. Made a custom throttle cable. Supra 3 row radiator. IS300 electric fans. 1200cc injectors. Still have some tidying up to do.
Nice setup. What did you use to make your custom throttle cable for the intake manifold? Lokar? I'm in need of one for a similar intake manifold. Thanks
Old 03-29-17, 08:34 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
looking good man!! I got a similar ffi manifold just wondering if it hits the fuse box? I still got my ps pump reservoir it cleared it but not sure about fuse box clearance
The fuse box will NOT fit. I had to mold the bottom of the fuse box with a heat gun and trim it extensively to fit about 3" further back on the wheel well. Also had to redrill holes in the fender to mount it back further.

The TPS sensor wires had to be extended.

There's no provision for the AIT sensor either.

The PS upper fitting didn't clear the throttle cable guide at WOT so I had to go with the Powerhouse PS fitting.

The O rings supplied also are slightly too small and will snap if you try to stretch them too quickly.

The IAC is almost impossible to reach.

You need a custom extra long throttle cable.

The vacuum ports are fragile so be super careful to not cross thread one like I did.

The most annoying part, however, is that you HAVE to relocate your oil filter and get rid of the factory oil cooler/warmer. That was an expensive modification to run that manifold.

Otherwise? Bolt on. Hope it's worth all the work. It's the first manifold I found that fits the SC300 without clearance issues with the brake booster. Gorgeous piece and the inside work is exceptional.
Old 03-29-17, 08:42 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Deceptik1
Nice setup. What did you use to make your custom throttle cable for the intake manifold? Lokar? I'm in need of one for a similar intake manifold. Thanks
I used the cheapest and most basic universal kit Summit sells. Then I just used a throttle/brake cable stop clamp at the end on the throttle wheel off of a lawnmower. The other end fit into the OEM brackets and pedal with a little creativity and bending.
Old 03-29-17, 08:59 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Gave her a bath!
Old 03-29-17, 09:22 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ordered a bottom engine cover powdercoated black

Old 03-30-17, 07:22 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Gave her a bath!
I decided to do the same

Old 03-31-17, 08:53 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Put the wheels on yesterday

In preparation for upgraded brakes arriving next week!!
Old 04-01-17, 12:28 AM
todzilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, other than the intro page on this forum, this will be my inaugural post!

Bought my black n black '96 SC400 3 weeks ago tomorrow from a couple on Vancouver island that lovingly owned it since almost birth (since 1998) Dealer serviced her whole life, she was definitely a rare find up here in Vancouver!

Currently with 290k km's (180k miles - ish) she runs flawlessly and puts a smile on my face with every drive. Truly an underrated muscle yacht

I made a list of to-do's as soon as I bought her, and have tackled nearly all in the 3 weeks...so this is a 'what have I done' since making her mine!

-full interior detail and leather conditioning/carpet shampoo
-tear in drivers seat bolster professionally mended (invisible!)
-factory touch up paint mixed and went to town tending to years of nicks and chips...nothing major - I'm just ****!
-polished headlights and taillights
-took off all gold badging, went to a wrecker and got proper chrome badging!
-replaced factory Nak head unit with aftermarket single din with usb/cd player...and decent sound!
-replaced aftermarket (gaudy, imho) 18" chrome wheels with 350Z 18" (Rays) wheels Saved at least 15 pounds per corner!!
-removed rear side window tint....will eventually tackle rear windshield tint, though I'm a little depressed thinking about removal of the glue that will remain and have to somehow be dissolved with that rear defrost still intact and not destroyed! Ugg...
-gave her a pre wax cleaner today to remove the swirls and scratches over the years

Whew!

Now the still-to-do list!

-a good wax and polish
-a synthetic oil change
-getting either the rear resonators removed or the cats to get a little more purr out of that sweeeet sounding 4L!
-either disconnecting the rear 4" speakers (shelf panel) or replacing them. After the new head unit, I realize they are both shot. They crackle at any hint of bass and are annoying as hell! Sub and all other speakers sound great. (** does anyone know know for sure if you have to remove the rear seat to just access the speakers for now? All I want to do is disconnect them to gauge how it sounds without them running before I decide to actually put 2 new ones in. Can you not get to them an easier way...maybe just from the top or even trunk?)
-tranny fluid flush (is this required? I tend to always do it on any car I buy as it's always neglected it seems)
-eventually (Summertime, likely) a timing belt job, and whatever else usually goes with it?

I think that's it! Sorry so damn long! What can I say - I have reverse buyers remorse! The thing even gets 20 mpg's in city stop and go traffic! Bummer it has to be fed premium, but what're ya gonna do?

Anyway, looking forward to many miles of smiles with her.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-img_20170318_193701_3.jpg  
Old 04-02-17, 04:34 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by todzilla
.....(** does anyone know know for sure if you have to remove the rear seat to just access the speakers for now? All I want to do is disconnect them to gauge how it sounds without them running before I decide to actually put 2 new ones in. Can you not get to them an easier way...maybe just from the top or even trunk?.....
You can reach the speakers from the trunk when you pull the trunk liner out exposing the gas tank and rear deck from underneath... Check out the DIY threads for pics.
The following users liked this post:
todzilla (04-02-17)
Old 04-02-17, 10:24 PM
todzilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
You can reach the speakers from the trunk when you pull the trunk liner out exposing the gas tank and rear deck from underneath... Check out the DIY threads for pics.
You're a life saver!!....or at least, a $50 saver to pay my shop to go in through the back seat!

Cheers!
Old 04-03-17, 12:40 PM
CptCrunch
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Added axle back exhaust
Old 04-03-17, 06:11 PM
shajbot
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Few oz of SEAFOAM into the intake and recharged A/C with A/C PRO.
Old 04-04-17, 12:48 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Painted up the wheels, not the best finish but not terrible for a quickie, wheels were horribly dipped by the previous owner. And in the process I found out the car has kyb/eibach combo which explains the drop.

Before

Name:  IMG_20161017_104535.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  346.1 KB

After
​​​​​
Name:  DSC_0029_1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  227.1 KB
Old 04-04-17, 07:57 AM
n/aisweak
Driver School Candidate

Default JIC magics

Finally killed that 4x4 status!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?