tman6925
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12v fuel pump mod and installed a walbro 255lph fuel pump today
Old 01-16-19, 11:57 AM
BoostNeeds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By this weekend I will replace the radiator and the belt in my '97 SC300 so it can be drivable. Bought it cheaper than it should've been with a few issues, but it was still a steal. After that, it all depends on how fast I can get money and the mods that I buy with them, but straight pipes are coming soon.
Old 01-19-19, 06:47 PM
tman6925
Driver School Candidate

Slow day at the shop after lunch break. Decided to focus on my car instead ;P replaced both valve cover gaskets. Replaced pcv valve. Cleaned backside of throttle body as it was pretty dirty. Replaced ect sensor since I was down there anyway lol. Also did a throttle body coolant flow delete.

Forgot to take before pic It was black and chunky though :P yum

Throttle body removed.

Driver valve cover removed. Cams and valvetrain were pretty clean. No scoring or anything abnormal. Love these motors. Last forever and wear is so minimal over a long period of miles! ✌

Deleted and blocked off hot coolant lines going to throttle body.

Making these bad boys nice and clean. Thank you parts washer!

♡ sc

Finished and ready to roll.

Last edited by tman6925; 01-21-19 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-21-19, 06:10 PM
tman6925
Driver School Candidate

Some serious haze..

Haze takes away from them good looks :P

Passenger side done

Driver side done!

Scrubbing that black plasti dip crap off :P took way too long.

Washed the car while emblems off.

Looking pretty good without emblems actually. Lol may be a project in the future. Can't have holes there though.

Emblems back on and finished not a bad afternoon. Time for some beer and pizza 🤙

Decided to sand and buff my headlights today. They were looking pretty yellow. Started with a scuff pad on them to take off the initial layer of yellow. Then wet sanded with 1500 grit. Followed by 2500 grit. After sanding used Maguire's cutting and buffing compound on a buffing pad and a my cheapo dealt drill✌ Previous owner used black plastic dip on emblems which I wasn't really feeling. Removed that and now the emblems pop. Ended the day off with a much needed wash!
Old 01-22-19, 06:35 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I didn’t do much besides the abs delete and new lines to my brake mc, then I got tired of looking at a rusted brake boosted, and decided to clean it up and spray it while I’m doing brakes, then I welded the cooling lines to the tb shut.then filled the tranny with 75/90 Mobil.
Old 01-27-19, 04:14 AM
RBJZAPO
Driver School Candidate

Default Scored a LSD perhaps?

I’m new to this forum so this is my first post. Went to the local junkyard here in Okinawa Japan. Came across an Aristo which someone already snatched up the 2J TT There was a jack nearby so I decided to left the rear end up and test the differential since my Soarer came with an open diff 4:08 even though it’s a factory 1JZ TT and 5 speed. Interesting results as both wheels turned together and the guy couldn’t hold the opposite side wheel from turning. I paid my $70 and had the guy remove the diff/axles and driveshaft. Took it to my friends garage where we proceeded to open it up to see what was inside. After doing some research it looks like to be non OEM LSD and appears to be a KAAZ LSD. Any other ideas of what this may be?

Last edited by RBJZAPO; 01-28-19 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 01-29-19, 03:45 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Put in an FM transmitter (Roav Anker). It surprisingly sounds really good, pairs phone automatically, and fitmemt in the lighter area is spot on.

Roav Anker
Old 01-29-19, 06:30 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rbjzapo
i’m new to this forum so this is my first post. Went to the local junkyard here in okinawa japan. Came across an aristo which someone already snatched up the 2j tt there was a jack nearby so i decided to left the rear end up and test the differential since my soarer came with an open diff 4:08 even though it’s a factory 1jz tt and 5 speed. Interesting results as both wheels turned together and the guy couldn’t hold the opposite side wheel from turning. I paid my $70 and had the guy remove the diff/axles and driveshaft. Took it to my friends garage where we proceeded to open it up to see what was inside. After doing some research it looks like to be non oem lsd and appears to be a kaaz lsd. Any other ideas of what this may be?

jealous!!!!
Old 01-29-19, 11:26 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,196 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by RBJZAPO
I’m new to this forum so this is my first post. Went to the local junkyard here in Okinawa Japan. Came across an Aristo which someone already snatched up the 2J TT There was a jack nearby so I decided to left the rear end up and test the differential since my Soarer came with an open diff 4:08 even though it’s a factory 1JZ TT and 5 speed. Interesting results as both wheels turned together and the guy couldn’t hold the opposite side wheel from turning. I paid my $70 and had the guy remove the diff/axles and driveshaft. Took it to my friends garage where we proceeded to open it up to see what was inside. After doing some research it looks like to be non OEM LSD and appears to be a KAAZ LSD. Any other ideas of what this may be?

Killer score! Looks just like the KAAZ that I installed into my differential.
Old 02-05-19, 08:54 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Is going in all wired up

Clean tank

Fp is in

Finished

Guys please tell me if I pinned these 2wires into this plug correctly? Thank you!!
Had a little time to install the aem fuel pump, today was the day!
After pulling the old pump and taking a pic of the inside of the tank, it was so clean for 20+ yr old sc it blew me away, I’m happy I don’t have to pull it to clean it!
ill have to update my build thread.
It was so easy, I don’t know what took me so long to get to it!

Can some one take a pic of their fuel plug in the trunk please?
i depinned the plug but not sure if I pinned the white and blue wire right
thank you all!

Last edited by LEXXIUM; 02-05-19 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-06-19, 09:05 PM
smithgt4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joe diego
Put in an FM transmitter (Roav Anker). It surprisingly sounds really good, pairs phone automatically, and fitmemt in the lighter area is spot on.
does it fit with the cover closed?
Old 02-07-19, 06:19 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

finished up my wide front fenders the other day

Still working on the side skirt fitment, will be making a rear lip and diffuser this weekend
Old 02-07-19, 08:01 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Sex on wheels!! #SCLove!!

Still working on the side skirt fitment, will be making a rear lip and diffuser this weekend[/QUOTE]
Old 02-07-19, 08:15 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,196 Likes on 830 Posts

Loving how active this is staying lately - keep it up!
Old 02-07-19, 11:02 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by chnk
finished up my wide front fenders the other day

Still working on the side skirt fitment, will be making a rear lip and diffuser this weekend
Those deep dish wheels look so good. Did you make those fenders yourself?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?