SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-18, 03:12 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Polished + yellow and you've got the money shot! The polished wheels just look so damn perfect on white SC's.
I lot of my friends are pushing for this combination.

Originally Posted by aswang
My input = Green + Polished.
This combo is my car's signature look. It would be the easiest and cheapest to accomplish since I have extra green paint to refinish the calipers on my car.

Even the guys that do my wheel repair work are pushing for me to keep the polished finish. lol

Originally Posted by Zerodrag
Was gold or bronze ever one of your choices for the face? I remember you listed a few choices before; just not sure if it was one of them. I think a white car looks pretty good with the right shade of one of those. In regards to your calipers, I think i would prefer yellow over green. That green kind of glows in the dark to me. lol
Gold or bronze is a classic color on white. Those weren't colors I considered to refinish my wheels because it would be easier to buy some gold work vs-xx.

The green calipers are an acquired taste. I was hesitant at first, but once the car was assembled, I knew it was the right choice at the time. This time

Originally Posted by Duck05
Have always admired you car and the inspiration. Green calipers are my preference over the yellow on your car.... (could be the camera, but the yellow shade looks off to me....). Good luck on your choice... And, the chrome, shiny wheels are nice....
Thank you for the kind words. The real color of the yellow is difficult to capture on camera. The calipers are going to change another time before I make my decision. I was originally trying to do a ferrari yellow which is darker (think yellow mixed with a little orange). The color I did is more of a Porsche yellow and is dull in comparison. The next finish will be done in a "School bus" or "Yamaha" yellow.
Old 03-23-18, 02:55 PM
SC400Tom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bummed

Got bummed with my SC400 today, when a potential buyer came to look at it, and discovered that my driver's seat doesn't go up and down?! The rear part works in spurts, presumably until the electric motor gets warm? You can hear the front part try to engage, but doesn't move, even after removing the seat and lubing everything I could see. Am I missing something here, or do these seat motors get weak? This car only has 81K miles -
Old 03-25-18, 01:07 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Got her moving for the first time in eight loooong years! Had to get her to the mechanic though to get it prepped for state inspection/registration as it has a long drive ahead of it (recently moved interstate, about an 1100km trip one way). She's gone in for a full service (all belts, water pump), replaced fuel pump etc. etc. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again!
Old 03-25-18, 02:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Took out my HKS hipermax coils and installed KW v3. I was supposed to wait until next week for my rear wheels to be done, but I got anxious and had some time to kill last night, so I threw in the fronts. Finished the rears this morning. I need the wheels back, so it can be aligned to the hre.

Old 03-25-18, 03:18 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Took out my HKS hipermax coils and installed KW v3. I was supposed to wait until next week for my rear wheels to be done, but I got anxious and had some time to kill last night, so I threw in the fronts. Finished the rears this morning. I need the wheels back, so it can be aligned to the hre.

I like it a lot the way it sits!!! How is the ride quality?
Old 03-25-18, 04:10 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM

I like it a lot the way it sits!!! How is the ride quality?
I'm trying to make the car more useful, so I'll be more inclined to drive it.

Ride quality is still to be determined because I haven't played with the dampers. The KW has both compression and rebound adjustment. Out of the box it's stiffer than I thought it would be, but my car also has solid + poly bushings and aftermarket sways which attribute to the added roughness. A lot of reviews says it rides similar to stock.
The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (04-17-18)
Old 03-25-18, 06:29 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I know what you mean by having the car more useful to drive. Today was the first time I got the chance to drive mine in the last 3-4 weeks. The recent crappy/unstable weather, and just not wanting to deal with the bad roads (dodging potholes and uneven pavement is a drag), has been a pretty big deterrent for me being able to enjoy the car.
Old 03-25-18, 07:38 PM
shajbot
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I know what you mean by having the car more useful to drive. Today was the first time I got the chance to drive mine in the last 3-4 weeks. The recent crappy/unstable weather, and just not wanting to deal with the bad roads (dodging potholes and uneven pavement is a drag), has been a pretty big deterrent for me being able to enjoy the car.
It's nut isn't it. The fact that you have to focus much more to drive these cars to just simply accomplish daily errands. The past two days I've started to drive my RX and I've been just straight up careless about what lies on the road. In fact, in small amount, I tried to hit those bumps and holes on the road that would make my SC feels like I broke something just to see how much it does NOT upset me.
Old 03-25-18, 08:28 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Yeah, when I first got the hre and air suspension. Blowing an air line or bending the hre were my 2 biggest fears. It made me paranoid driving the car.

Originally Posted by shajbot
It's nut isn't it. The fact that you have to focus much more to drive these cars to just simply accomplish daily errands. The past two days I've started to drive my RX and I've been just straight up careless about what lies on the road. In fact, in small amount, I tried to hit those bumps and holes on the road that would make my SC feels like I broke something just to see how much it does NOT upset me.
The good thing about requiring a lot of focus is that it makes sitting in traffic much more engaging and less boring.
Old 03-26-18, 08:16 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I know the feeling. Although, I still cringe whenever I hit bad road regardless. ~25 years of driving lowered vehicles, go figure.
Old 03-26-18, 01:30 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by aswang
I know the feeling. Although, I still cringe whenever I hit bad road regardless. ~25 years of driving lowered vehicles, go figure.
Just gotta have more options. I still take very good care driving through uneven roads even in my GX, unless I'm actually on a trail. For more comfort I have the ES just to get the job done. And when I'm really in the mood, the 5 speed SC. And there are days I miss driving all of them LOL
Old 03-27-18, 06:37 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Ordered a reman steering rack as mine is leaky and overall in poor condition. Also grabbed some Super Pro poly rack bushings after reading high praise of them on here.
Old 03-27-18, 11:17 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^^ new inner and outer tie rods and super pro bushings does wonders for steering feel. have had mines on for a few years now and tens of thousands of miles and worth the $$
Old 03-27-18, 06:57 PM
logix7
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (04-17-18)
Old 03-28-18, 09:28 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by logix7

WOAH. Please explain lol. Recover or is that a refinish job?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?