What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-17, 08:49 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
Installed a set of seats from a 2012 Hyundai Genesis R Spec coupe in the SC. Have the matching SEM paint to do the rear seats for a complete look.
They are just as comfortable, more supportive and quite a bit lighter than they SC seats for some weight savings. The driver side is 4 way power while the passenger side is full manual. I have to clean them up a bit.
Install was very easy, just minor fab work to the inner front mounting tabs and reused the stock tabs for the rears.
Got them at a local junk yard for $90 for the pair.
How was the install? They look great.
Old 09-22-17, 09:16 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
How was the install? They look great.
Quite easy, the front tabs are direct bolt up with minor fab (slotting the bolt hole on the inner tab) to make them fit. The rears are mounted using the stock brackets from the SC seat. Cut/grind off the rear brackets from the SC / Genesis seat rails. Bolt in the SC brackets in place and install the new seats, mark, tack and weld. It was fairly easy. Reuse the SC seat belt anchors using the bolt from the Genesis anchor.
Genesis driver seat just need 12 volt + and ground obtained from the SC harness for motor functions. Be sure to disconnect all the airbag plugs from the new seats before connecting the power.

Last edited by BiGEZ; 09-22-17 at 09:27 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-22-17, 12:48 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I have to admit, those Genesis seats do look pretty good in your car. Nice job!
Old 09-24-17, 02:21 PM
3stars1sun
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Recently got my plates. Too bad 90SCLSC was taken already.
Old 09-25-17, 05:45 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Great job on the install!!!! They belong there!!!!
Originally Posted by BiGEZ
Quite easy, the front tabs are direct bolt up with minor fab (slotting the bolt hole on the inner tab) to make them fit. The rears are mounted using the stock brackets from the SC seat. Cut/grind off the rear brackets from the SC / Genesis seat rails. Bolt in the SC brackets in place and install the new seats, mark, tack and weld. It was fairly easy. Reuse the SC seat belt anchors using the bolt from the Genesis anchor.
Genesis driver seat just need 12 volt + and ground obtained from the SC harness for motor functions. Be sure to disconnect all the airbag plugs from the new seats before connecting the power.
Old 09-25-17, 06:24 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by aswang
I have to admit, those Genesis seats do look pretty good in your car. Nice job!
Thanks, I was surprised how easy the install was they line up perfectly with the stock mounting points on the front.

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Great job on the install!!!! They belong there!!!!
They are very supportive and hugs me better than the SC seats, not to mention the weight savings. Total cost for me including cutting/ welding was $130. Found the matching SEM paint for the rear seat. Will be painting them soon for a complete look.
Originally Posted by 3stars1sun
Looks good against the white car. One thing I love about living in the south- no front license plate.
Recently got my plates. Too bad 90SCLSC was taken already.
Old 09-26-17, 06:40 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

I am replacing my pink LED's with purple ones today. The pink ones keep flickering.
Old 09-26-17, 08:48 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

September never gets this cold, in southern California that is. Had 2 batteries go bad on me-one in my truck and one in the SC. I had the 84 month Toyota battery in the SC and got 5 years of daily driving out of it. Toyota was nice enough to pro rate it. Put that one in the truck. I ordered an Optima red top for the SC
Old 09-26-17, 10:32 PM
Shayy
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
Wired in an airbag resistor.
FINALLY THE AIRBAG LIGHT IS GONE
I can enjoy my Vertex wheel in peace lol

Oh man. This is much cleaner looking than the resistor setup I have. Looks awesome!
Old 09-27-17, 08:36 PM
Chekhov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I'm new to your forum and I do not know much English, so please excuse me for my language.
My name is Roman and I'm from Russia, the Irkutsk region, the city of Irkutsk (where Lake Baikal is).

I am the owner of JDM Toyota Soarer JZZ31 for 2 years already. During this time I did a lot with my car and I will definitely create a separate topic dedicated to my car in the corresponding section.

And now I'll show you what I did with the car recently. This is the lining for the regular plastic interior, I did it myself, with my own hands.

Old 09-28-17, 06:20 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Chekhov
Hello! I'm new to your forum and I do not know much English, so please excuse me for my language.
My name is Roman and I'm from Russia, the Irkutsk region, the city of Irkutsk (where Lake Baikal is).

I am the owner of JDM Toyota Soarer JZZ31 for 2 years already. During this time I did a lot with my car and I will definitely create a separate topic dedicated to my car in the corresponding section.

And now I'll show you what I did with the car recently. This is the lining for the regular plastic interior, I did it myself, with my own hands.
That is beautiful! Good job!
Old 09-28-17, 07:27 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chekhov

Привет Роман!! Добро пожаловать!!!
Classno!!!

looks great!!!
Old 09-28-17, 08:58 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

That door sill looks incredible.
Old 09-28-17, 09:00 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

My tire blew out on my SC300 this morning before work. I may just leave it alone until I get my new wheels since I have the LS and ES to drive.
Old 09-28-17, 10:26 PM
Chekhov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Спасибо всем, что я действительно очень старался по этому проекту порога. «Моя цель - сделать порог похожим на« oem-вариант ». «Теперь я работаю над пороговым проектом для sc300 \ 400

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?