SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-16, 05:20 PM
Wolvmarine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine work has begun

Just got the old motor out(on Ground) today and the donor motor pulled(on hoist). Can't wait to get it in and going. Overall not a bad job!
Old 12-01-16, 05:31 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

My front tires tires are shot too, I was wondering if the spares would fit the front with ls400bbk and 20mm spacer?
by looking and your brakes look stock ..
i like michelins myself I hate Bridgestone too

Originally Posted by Ezroni
drove over a deep pothole and it shredded my damn tire...

it was a used Bridgestone tire, never rolling with them again. Pirellis for life!

put my spare on for the time being... ordered a new Pirelli P Zero Nero GT from Tire Rack
Old 12-01-16, 05:46 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
My front tires tires are shot too, I was wondering if the spares would fit the front with ls400bbk and 20mm spacer?
I want to say that they won't fit because the stock spare is a steelie and those tend to drop down in size at the center of the wheel. If you had a full size oem stock 16" alloy its a tight fit with a spacer.
Old 12-01-16, 08:23 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
^ I can't tell what wheel diameter that marking is on the shredded tire, but I'm guessing 18"?
yes, 225/40R18 (18x8.5 wheels in the front)

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
well the other 3 tires are P Zero Neros so i figure might as well complete the set. the original tire i got when i bought the car was almost ready to split so i got a used Bstone for $60 but as you can see it didn't do too well
Old 12-01-16, 10:29 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

yes, 225/40R18 (18x8.5 wheels in the front)
No offense, but I file that under operator error, not product failure. That little sidewall is begging for rim or tire damage on real world surfaces. Anything bigger than 17" on the SC is more show than go.

/soapbox
Old 12-02-16, 08:54 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

No offense, but I file that under operator error, not product failure. That little sidewall is begging for rim or tire damage on real world surfaces. Anything bigger than 17" on the SC is more show than go.

/soapbox
a tire that doesn't even last a month, used or not, driven 12 miles 5 days a week, is definitely not my fault. funny how none of my other already-used pirelli tires have problems even after a nonstop 850+ mile drive back home ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Ezroni; 12-02-16 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-02-16, 11:46 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

a tire that doesn't even last a month, used or not, driven 12 miles 5 days a week, is definitely not my fault.
I didn't say it's your fault exactly. You made a decision and discovered the increased likelihood of failure that goes along with it. It was a used tire, so it might have already been sketchy as a result of that increased low-pro stress.

Now, if you bought the car with the 18s and just rode them until needing new tires, that's not a decision per se.
Old 12-04-16, 11:48 AM
birdmayne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gave her a quick wash. Will do a better detail next weekend and will clay bar and start to buff paint the weekend after. Will likely respray the hood and will need to dive in to the Pass Rear corner at some point, it's fugly.

Power Steering pump is super whiny, and PS lines are cracked and leaking. Local NAPA guy (using my dealership discount + his employee discount) quoted me what I paid for the car, $760, for a PS hose kit. I will be building my own hydraulic lines and replacing fittings / adapters as necessary. Should cost about $20 in material.

Front LCA bushings are completely hooped, can feel and hear every single bump and change in direction. Have Prothane bushings being delivered this week, and will be replacing them next weekend.

Struts are weak / blown. Picked up a great condition set of factory springs and struts for $100, will replace them while doing the LCA bushings.

Rear brakes worn, easy fix while doing suspension.

Door panels are torn up, broken and shabbily repaired. Found a local ish guy with a set in good condition. Drove down yesterday and swapped door panels with him, makes a big difference in interior aesthetics.

Seats suck. Looking for a set of decent seats, not too picky as long as they are supportive and look decent.

Will be fixing trim pieces as I go, but the big things are to get the brakes and suspension up to snuff and get an alignment done.
Old 12-07-16, 11:01 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

She begged me for the 4" CX racing intercooler kit and it's just came in for my na-t,, daddy couldn't be any happier!!
you really can't beat that price of 160$👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-img_2643.jpg   What did you do to your SC today?-img_2649.jpg   What did you do to your SC today?-img_2647.jpg  
Old 12-12-16, 11:15 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Installed rear plate LED's finally!
Old 12-13-16, 07:05 AM
TitanG545
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Pretty boring to most, but I drove her today. Yesterday it rained and I don't have a dash cam installed in her yet so I refuse to drive her.
Old 12-13-16, 03:53 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got to replacing the transmission mount, left is the old one, right is new if you couldn't tell.

Originally Posted by kidistight
Pretty boring to most, but I drove her today. Yesterday it rained and I don't have a dash cam installed in her yet so I refuse to drive her.
Sucks we can't drive cars because of the stupid drivers out there. I just bought a low voltage cutoff so I can finally install mine, thinking about getting a rear cam too.
Old 12-13-16, 04:35 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

^ That's the best looking old tranny mount I've seen, either in person or pictures. They're usually compressed quite a bit more than that, with maybe 1/4" of air space in the middle.
Old 12-13-16, 07:50 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ That's the best looking old tranny mount I've seen, either in person or pictures. They're usually compressed quite a bit more than that, with maybe 1/4" of air space in the middle.
Yeah I was expecting it to be all beat up and ripped. Maybe it's too early to tell but I haven't noticed much of an improvement. Maybe less vibrations but we'll see. The old mount was taken off with 180k miles.
Old 12-13-16, 10:17 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ar3
Yeah I was expecting it to be all beat up and ripped. Maybe it's too early to tell but I haven't noticed much of an improvement. Maybe less vibrations but we'll see. The old mount was taken off with 180k miles.
Can't say I'm surprised. I changed the mount on my '94 (around 190k) in worse condition than that and couldn't tell a difference. I imagine it has to be almost fully compressed, or unevenly worn relative to the engine mounts, to create significant vibrations.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?