SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 06:23 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oSUPRAo
They are just black universal bucket seat covers. I bought a two pack made by Dickies at WM for around $20. They look great, they fit well, and they are cheap, which is exactly what I was looking for. I tucked the sides behind the seat controls and it hasn't come lose or blocked anything at all. I bought these specifically because I've had them in another car for a year and they have been excellent. I don't remember if they have tan versions or not but if you are just looking for seat protection look no further. When It stops raining I'll get a picture for you.
Thanks. I appreciate it
Old 09-02-16, 05:36 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Went to the mall yard and got me a rear seat in a great condition, but it was gray.
Stoped by Autozone got a can of fabric and vinyl paint, 33 min later it's painted flat black.
from tan to gray to black
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-image.jpeg  
Old 09-04-16, 07:25 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

wire harness relocation

What did you do to your SC today?-gukddds.jpg

What did you do to your SC today?-odkwkln.jpg
Old 09-04-16, 08:16 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nnnickkk
wire harness relocation

mine was a ***** to do. I also couldn't put back the wiper fluid reservoir back in its original drilled hole. Did yours fit back?
Old 09-04-16, 08:21 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ar3
mine was a ***** to do. I also couldn't put back the wiper fluid reservoir back in its original drilled hole. Did yours fit back?
yeah it fit back into the original position and original hole for the bolt holding it in. It was very snug though.
Old 09-04-16, 11:02 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nnnickkk
yeah it fit back into the original position and original hole for the bolt holding it in. It was very snug though.
can you snap a pic of that area? I might just need to move the harness a bit up
Old 09-07-16, 12:45 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Not sure if I like them, the reverse lense broke so I left it off and I'll decide if I keep them like this when I fit them back on the car. Sprayed VHT Red on the amber and blacked out the chrome trim.

alright so I got my little bro to help out hahah.

Let me know what you guys think

Last edited by ar3; 09-07-16 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-07-16, 07:28 PM
1999sc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing super exciting, but I mounted up a spoiler from a 98-02 Honda Accord Coupe. I'd seen a couple pictures of different SC's with this spoiler and I think it looks great and I personally think it should've come with something more like this from the factory.

I'm still trying to get this car on the road. I failed inspection for the HID's the previous owner installed, an exhaust leak and because half the LED's in the 3rd brake light weren't working. Since I knew I wanted this spoiler anyway, I figured why not upgrade now instead of trying to find a replacement 3rd brake light?

I think it came out really well, the only thing is that the Honda 'Nighthawk Black' color doesn't match the car perfectly, it has metallic flakes and under bright light starts to look more blue than black. One day I will respray it to match better, but until then this will do.
Old 09-12-16, 09:09 PM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Going to order up a re-Cap kit for my ECU and rebuild it as well as take the tape deck apart and find out what the belt size is, I know its pretty long from my last trip in there. I picked up a good 3 head tape deck and want to start recording some stuff. Something about popping a cassette in brings me back to high school days....and also popping in the MP3 adapter cassette. Also want to chase a stereo ground issue. Going to get to drive my work truck home again so I can have it out of commission for a few days at a time.
Old 09-13-16, 11:26 AM
tshawn63
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Camer adjustment bolts

Need them for both left and right rear plus washers, nuts, etc. 93 sc300. Old ones frozen and can't run the risk of breaking them/stripping before having replacements.
Old 09-13-16, 11:40 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Warning, not for the timid...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post9616395

Old 09-15-16, 08:14 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by ar3
Not sure if I like them, the reverse lens broke so I left it off and I'll decide if I keep them like this when I fit them back on the car. Sprayed VHT Red on the amber and blacked out the chrome trim.
Let me know what you guys think
I think they look great...... I have never liked the looks of the rear tails with the metal trim.... Looks a lot better on our cars without that metal... (IMO)
Old 09-16-16, 12:49 AM
CoOl21
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This was yesterday, but I'll pretend it was today... lol
Installed BC Racing BR coilovers over the weekend, drove it to a local shop that I trust (DriveHard Performance) to bring the ride height up so the wheel wells clear the 18" SC430 wheels by 1", then aligned it according to Lance aligment ( http://mkiv.com/techarticles/lance_alignment/index.html ) to the best of their abilities on stock suspension hardwares
What did you do to your SC today?-teudxda.jpg

Today:
My fog lights was starting to go opaque, so I went with the wetsand + clear coat method
What did you do to your SC today?-plyq3xi.jpg
What did you do to your SC today?-urzghlc.jpg

I may have over sprayed it hopefully no one notices
Old 09-23-16, 01:28 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Looks much better and clearer!!!

Originally Posted by CoOl21
This was yesterday, but I'll pretend it was today... lol
Installed BC Racing BR coilovers over the weekend, drove it to a local shop that I trust (DriveHard Performance) to bring the ride height up so the wheel wells clear the 18" SC430 wheels by 1", then aligned it according to Lance aligment ( http://mkiv.com/techarticles/lance_alignment/index.html ) to the best of their abilities on stock suspension hardwares

Today:
My fog lights was starting to go opaque, so I went with the wetsand + clear coat method

I may have over sprayed it hopefully no one notices
Old 09-23-16, 01:43 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Was a productive day today!!! Moded and installed q45tb and a 2jz tps using cheap ebay adapter which wasn't greddy as described and was missing the middle part, so somehow I made it work perfect with 2jz spinner by drilling it and welding it to the q45 shaft to where it's sits perfectly with the tps fingers
To where it touches jit's right and room for plenty adjustment or calibration if needed
also, I cleaned up the alternator disassembled the rear cover and every thing under it cleaned the contacts and reinstalled it on the block temporary till I get my timing belt tentioner bearing replaced.
here are a few of shots of any one is interested :$

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?