SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-16, 03:42 AM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Received & fitted a SpoilerKing rear window spoiler. I hadn't seen much feedback so I bit the bullet. Made from a thick polyurethane, it's light & well made & fits perfect once warmed up under the sun to give it some extra flex to take the curve of the rear window. The 2 strips of 3M tape was sufficient enough to hold it firmly in place.

It's a nice subtle alternative to the HIC window spoiler/visor & in the same price category, at least on this side of the world. I left mine unpainted & looks completely fine as is.

Last edited by Mike1JZ; 01-01-16 at 03:49 AM.
Old 01-03-16, 06:42 PM
duster
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just covered and protected my 8g wire

Before and after pic. Nothing major. But the red/faded wire always caught my eye. Zip ties....I know. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-img_0544.jpg   What did you do to your SC today?-img_0545.jpg  
Old 01-03-16, 08:36 PM
Kobrakai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove it 280+ miles to finally pick this up..
Old 01-03-16, 08:54 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Crank pulley decided to give up last night. Took the crank pulley and fan off of my 1JZ today and transplanted it into the car. With the help of a 5-foot galvanized aluminium pipe as a cheater bar, removing the pulley(s) took ~10 minutes each. The hardest part was removing the radiator from the car to fit my 3-jaw pulley puller.

Took most of the day to finish, but it looks like I'll be able to drive to work this week!
Old 01-04-16, 12:05 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did the aux mod on my factory Pioneer HU this weekend. It's the best $20 bucks I've ever spent on this car.
Old 01-04-16, 12:57 PM
matguy
Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Did the aux mod on my factory Pioneer HU this weekend. It's the best $20 bucks I've ever spent on this car.
Yeah, at this point my fancy aftermarket double-din head unit is a glorified pre-amp taking input from my phone (deck doesn't even have BlueTooth, so I'm using an external BT receiver and plugging that in to the Aux in.) Would have been served about the same with an aux-in on the factory unit, except the nice factory volume **** would actually work.
Old 01-05-16, 12:38 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by matguy
Yeah, at this point my fancy aftermarket double-din head unit is a glorified pre-amp taking input from my phone (deck doesn't even have BlueTooth, so I'm using an external BT receiver and plugging that in to the Aux in.) Would have been served about the same with an aux-in on the factory unit, except the nice factory volume **** would actually work.
Sell your aftermarket double din for a market price, pick up a factory pioneer radio for next to nothing, and install the aux mod. You'll have extra gas money for a month, or fix something else that is wrong with our cars
Old 01-05-16, 12:55 PM
matguy
Driver

Sell your aftermarket double din for a market price, pick up a factory pioneer radio for next to nothing, and install the aux mod. You'll have extra gas money for a month, or fix something else that is wrong with our cars
Nakamichi, here. And the factory wiring has been hacked up enough that it's certainly not a drop in process to go back to factory (especially since the CD Changer is gone, too.) Oh, and the double-din deck isn't new or anything, came out in 2009 ( AVH-P3200DVD ), so it's likely not worth all that much. Its functions aren't completely wasted, though, I do play mp3s from USB from time to time. I was half way thinking of switching out to a non-touch screen deck, though. Maybe something with a real volume ****.

The other plan (I have a lot of plans, not as much "do") was to make the factory volume **** in to a sub level ****. If I can keep the "push" switch working I kind of wanted to wire that to the Traction Control switch. Much easier to reach than the one under the dash. In theory, I could do that part now, but if I'm opening it I might as well do everything and reduce the number of times I pull the center console.
Old 01-05-16, 06:37 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Stopped by the body shop to pick up my car yesterday, but it wasn't 100% ready, so I have to wait a few more days. I'm anxiously waiting to drive it again.

Old 01-06-16, 01:22 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Stopped by the body shop to pick up my car yesterday, but it wasn't 100% ready, so I have to wait a few more days. I'm anxiously waiting to drive it again.

Nothing like fresh paint! I can't wait to get a paint job in the next few years. Are you going to lower your car again as shown in your signature? I like the functional height from the post, but that's my preference.
Old 01-06-16, 08:51 PM
nickdonpe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new 2j for my 1992 sc300 because sadly I purchased a lemon and the motor had a blown bottom end that was "patched" bye 40w tractor oil to keep it running till I re did all the fluids in my car 😤 but new motor and tune in the new year

Old 01-06-16, 10:37 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Nothing like fresh paint! I can't wait to get a paint job in the next few years. Are you going to lower your car again as shown in your signature? I like the functional height from the post, but that's my preference.
The roof, quarter panels, and rear bumper are all new paint. Everything else is original. Someone tapped my quarter panel and rear bumper, so they had to repaint all of that.

My signature picture is from when my car was on UAS air bags with coilovers. Currently my car is on coils only and it'll be staying like that for the near future. I might put the air back on later on down the road if it never sells. I agree with you, I really like the current height for driving around, but I also miss being able to dump the car on the ground (especially to prevent my rims from getting stolen).
Old 01-07-16, 07:22 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe

i love this look and stance. car looks absolutely perfect
Old 01-07-16, 12:50 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yesterday I pulled the dash out of my 98 and today and cleaned it, prepped it and sprayed it black.
I love it now!!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-image.jpeg  
Old 01-07-16, 12:51 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Another one
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?