SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I Wanna Relocate Battery To Trunk ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 11:05 AM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1siksc
I kinda did just more pics then words, I will write one if someone else wants to do it but we would use their car for it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-fusebox.html
my car would be perfect for this
because oklahoma city is what, a few hour drive?
Old 09-23-10, 11:10 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BenStoked
my car would be perfect for this
because oklahoma city is what, a few hour drive?
haha, 14 hours. I am being serious though I am like 40 minutes up from the Illinois Boarder if someone really wants to we can do a exact DIY with many photos and 2 solder gun should be able to whip it out in a few hours.
Old 09-23-10, 11:30 AM
kwg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1siksc
I kinda did just more pics then words, I will write one if someone else wants to do it but we would use their car for it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-fusebox.html
i wish you were in CA, i'd take your offer up in a heartbeat!
Old 09-26-10, 06:10 PM
nathan1352
Driver School Candidate

I'm in Indiana, about 4 hours away. Are you offering to buy materials? lol, jk, maybe we can get together and do this sometime on my car though after I pool some money together and get some time for the trip.
Old 09-26-10, 07:49 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

It's actually very cheap you just needs like 5-6 packages of heat shrink, solder, solder gun, electrical tape, Zip ties, a Legit wire stripper, 8 Gauge, 4 Gauge and 3 2 Gauge 13-15 feet i think i never measured, except for the 8 gauge that only needs to be 5 feet and that's the fusebox's ground. I forgot to add a electronic cut off.

I am gonna be redoing mine again so it'll be a re-re-relocated fusebox remasterd, I want to do run solid wires to new terminals on each end.

Originally Posted by nathan1352
I'm in Indiana, about 4 hours away. Are you offering to buy materials? lol, jk, maybe we can get together and do this sometime on my car though after I pool some money together and get some time for the trip.

Last edited by 1siksc; 09-27-10 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-26-10, 08:01 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 to the people running a SINGLE 0 gauge to the trunk and a ground from the battery to somewhere in the trunk(and like mentioned sand the paint off to make good contact)
ive done this method on every car ive owned and has worked perfectly and plan to do the same to the sc3 now that i finally got my Master key and can get into my trunk

and yes DEFINITELY keep it inside the car..running it underneath is just asking for problems
Old 09-27-10, 04:23 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

IF you are GTE and planning to use a higher output ignition, this is not recommended it can cause problems.

Originally Posted by imDementeD
+1 to the people running a SINGLE 0 gauge to the trunk and a ground from the battery to somewhere in the trunk(and like mentioned sand the paint off to make good contact)
ive done this method on every car ive owned and has worked perfectly and plan to do the same to the sc3 now that i finally got my Master key and can get into my trunk

and yes DEFINITELY keep it inside the car..running it underneath is just asking for problems
Old 09-27-10, 07:36 AM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

care to shed light on how it can cause problems? and what kind of problems will it cause?
ive never had a 2jzgte..however i have had and dealt with cars with coil packs, ive dealt with high hp cars, car audio cars(big car audio not just 2 12's or 2 15's) and never ever had any issues...so im unsure what kind of problems this could cause?
Old 09-27-10, 08:13 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ x2 because I plan on going COP?........I wasent able to get around to doing it this weekend but I did get a new battery so I hope this coming weekend I can hit it up
Old 10-02-10, 06:46 AM
nathan1352
Driver School Candidate

Well, I just want to thank everyone for the info. I'm curious to see the discussion on the 2 different setups (one wire and trunk ground vs. the spider web like system). Also, I'm not wanting to go to a dry cell battery due to cost so does anyone have ideas on how to vent a conventional battery?
Old 10-02-10, 09:28 AM
LeeSC300
Pole Position

hey 1siksc, I'd be a donor just let me know when so I can take off of work..
Old 10-02-10, 10:11 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by imDementeD

Most of my rear mounted battery vehicles (that came that was from the factory) and ones that I've seen ground out right off the battery in the trunk.

I'm curious as well.
Old 10-02-10, 05:41 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure the whole car body will transmit power better than single wire.But then again copper is better conductor.

Ok that didn't help,lol
Old 10-02-10, 06:07 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill chime in here a bit about the ground after relocation.

I have my battery grounded to the chassis in the trunk, a cable going to the factory ground in the front that is split and grounded to chassis again, and several grounding points between the engine and trans to chassis.

On top of that I have a 0/1 gauge positive running to the trunk that is hooked to a distribution block under the hood and has 2-2gauge wires linked to a fuse to the OEM positive cable, all weather sealed, and using 100% oxygen free triple strand copper cables, with gold plated terminals and distribution points.

Have not had 1 issue yet with my Optima Red.
Old 10-04-10, 07:49 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Ill chime in here a bit about the ground after relocation.

I have my battery grounded to the chassis in the trunk, a cable going to the factory ground in the front that is split and grounded to chassis again, and several grounding points between the engine and trans to chassis.

On top of that I have a 0/1 gauge positive running to the trunk that is hooked to a distribution block under the hood and has 2-2gauge wires linked to a fuse to the OEM positive cable, all weather sealed, and using 100% oxygen free triple strand copper cables, with gold plated terminals and distribution points.

Have not had 1 issue yet with my Optima Red.
Got any pics turbo ? sounds like a good setup

Quick Reply: I Wanna Relocate Battery To Trunk ?