Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-10, 03:58 AM
Woodzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer

This is my 2000 model Toyota Soarer.

Imported from Japan and currently in Australia.

Pretty much stock, N/A 2jz, Wine red respray with a gold pearl base.

Future Mods: New kit, 2JZ-GTE conversion, Manual conversion, some mad offset and camber

Will add more to the thread later!
Attached Thumbnails Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer-dsc110.jpg   Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer-dsc00255.jpg   Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer-dsc003.jpg   Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer-dsc00283.jpg   Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer-edit.jpg  

Last edited by Woodzy; 07-27-10 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-04-10, 04:29 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No adjustable headrest for the rear seats or even a rear wiper? I thought all Soarers had that?
Old 07-04-10, 04:46 AM
Woodzy
Driver School Candidate

yea it has both?
Old 07-04-10, 07:21 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude didn't you buy this car off some old guy?

i called him a couple months back about the car he had so much pride in it - i think it was you he was talking about - he said he wanted to see the car go to "this young guy" that "lived near him" because you're a good kid and you weren't the type to go butchering it..

he said he imported that car himself and he'd owned it for ages, it was for sale on carsales for MONTHS before he sold it!!!

that car has RZ supra brakes... all i'm saying is - if you do a 2J swap, that will make the retail sale of that car plummet through the floor, even more so if you do a manual swap!

you have a nice soarer, keep it that way.. when you get off your P's and advance to an open class license, that car will be easy to sell to another 17 year old kid on his P's.. soon as you turbo it - you limit your market to people over 20 who want a 12-15 year old car that's had engine conversions and transmission swaps... and trust me - those cars are hard to sell!!!

you already have a nice car that's a pleasure to drive.. that car has insane low klm and has been looked after buy an older guy who's babied that car the entire time and only modified the brakes.

your mates have commodores i see.. if they want to drop burnouts and do mad skids - let them. you drive a piece of imported japanese history. KEEP IT THAT WAY. don't follow the path of being another punk kid with a hacked up soarer!

if you want a turbo'd soarer, get a second job - work your *** off and get a 6 grand TT 1J that you can murder and laugh it off ... don't ruin this car. PLEASE.

EDIT: that's IF this is the same car - it was on carsales for AGES before he sold it - he'd just babied that car it kinda broke my heart to see how sad he was about selling it haha - he paid 40 grand for that car..

just so you know a bit more history about that car, it has the BOMEX kit, genuine, front sides and rear, the paint you have is actually a stock colour, he just paid to get the gold pearl through it, upgraded to supra RZ brakes, he also mentioned about custom lambskin seats...

please
do not convert the engine and transmisison.

the toyota soarer is a beautiful car that has looks which turn heads everywhere it goes. that's the 2000 model, some of the last ever built 30 series soarers. one of the rarest colours, too...

you have a car that your bogan mates will already be envious of. you already have a unique car. your car is already desirable.
the minute you swap out engines and transmission swaps. that's when problems start, that's when you have to custom fit looms. that's when police give you defect notices. that's when engineering certificates become a headache. that's when the awesome car you used to have - is more headache than it's worth

trust me on this one. to turn that car into a 2JZ-T manual... would be looking at about 6 grand. for that price you can buy a second soarer. and thrash it - that one is mint. keep it that way!

ps - if you want cool rims or suspension kits or ANYTHING from japan - talk to me

Last edited by Relapser; 07-04-10 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-04-10, 08:47 AM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

I thought soarers had stock 1jz.
Old 07-04-10, 09:17 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

gt-t yes. gt no.

they had options of 1uzfe. 1jzgte and 2jzge.

so same as US market but u guys didnt get the turbo option because your auto industry (general motors) wouldnt allow a better built.. more feature packed and cheaper car be faster than the corvette. they wouldnt allow competition so toyota agreed to sell in USA with 2j and 1uz options..

in further news... toyota australia has just started selling the toyota "ruckus" (scion XB in usa) toyota australia market this car at the "mod hungry individualist youth"

its offered in three trim levels ranging from 27,990aud to 32,990aud.

we import nissan cubes are attainable for about 13-15 grand.

check mate, toyota australia.
Old 07-04-10, 09:45 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to agree on this one also. I wouldnt do anything but show it and drive it with a smile, because I have one of the rarest colors and style SC! JMO
Old 07-04-10, 10:14 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say mod it all you want. Its not like its stock anyway. I dont see it selling for less because its faster and has a manual transmission. If the car was 100% bone stock there might be a day it would be worth more but its not, so I say mod away!

As far as limiting you selling audience to older people, they have more money anyway.
Old 07-04-10, 10:23 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I say mod it all you want. Its not like its stock anyway. I dont see it selling for less because its faster and has a manual transmission. If the car was 100% bone stock there might be a day it would be worth more but its not, so I say mod away!

As far as limiting you selling audience to older people, they have more money anyway.

I agree.

It's your car. Do what you want with it. Just take your time. Things can get expensive lol.
Old 07-04-10, 10:43 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

nice soarer man
Old 07-04-10, 12:22 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Relapser
gt-t yes. gt no.

they had options of 1uzfe. 1jzgte and 2jzge.

so same as US market but u guys didnt get the turbo option because your auto industry (general motors) wouldnt allow a better built.. more feature packed and cheaper car be faster than the corvette. they wouldnt allow competition so toyota agreed to sell in USA with 2j and 1uz options..

in further news... toyota australia has just started selling the toyota "ruckus" (scion XB in usa) toyota australia market this car at the "mod hungry individualist youth"

its offered in three trim levels ranging from 27,990aud to 32,990aud.

we import nissan cubes are attainable for about 13-15 grand.

check mate, toyota australia.
Wow that sucks, I would never want a Soarer with a GE engineor a v8, TWIN Turbo me seh!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-10, 12:27 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

not really feelin the kit, but cant wait to see what u have in store for it
Old 07-04-10, 01:02 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

That kit makes the car look older than a 2000.

Nice car nonetheless.
Old 07-04-10, 01:35 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

I agree, mod it to how you want it. Your future plans sound perfect
Old 07-04-10, 03:26 PM
timber1426
Pole Position

Man look at it this way, This is your car, mod it, keep it stock, hell put buick side markers on it and a big apc sticker. What ever you do just enjoy the car and take pride in it. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders based on the rare car you bought, I'm sure you will do somethin awesome. Congrates on the car man its beautiful.

Quick Reply: Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer