SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

$$$$How easy are these SC's to get stolen$$$

Old 06-29-10, 09:40 PM
Drewbeeee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this sounds fishy,theres 2 threads like this by him,in the GS and SC forums o_O he got responses,and no replies from this guy..
Old 06-29-10, 10:07 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mole
why is this an issue, he is asking 2 separate questions and is obviously interested in getting into a new ride and is doing some research.
OR, he's scouting for new targets
Old 06-29-10, 10:17 PM
Blurr
Driver

He is wasting his time. SCs aren't like Honda's and if he is scouting out targets, it is not very wise leaving a trail on a Lexus forum.
Old 06-29-10, 10:48 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

get bags.. slam your **** when you park it.. good luck towing it/stealing rims that are tucked under your fender wells.
Old 06-29-10, 11:09 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed. Go to shops that you can trust. Slamming your car to the ground helps also.
Old 06-30-10, 12:45 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Install an invisible switch with some kind of crazy force barrier and your set.
Old 06-30-10, 01:36 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a pretty hilarious story. One of my friends took the ECU out of his car every time he parked the car outside overnight or was parked in an unknown/bad area. It was in a Honda with motor swap and he hooked the ECU up so it was easily detached. He had the windows bashed in twice and the ignition forced, but the car never got stolen lol!
Old 06-30-10, 03:30 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I had my coupe stolen about a month or 2 after I installed my 1j single 5 spd. Had to have been someone I knew because very few people knew I went from na_t to 1j. They either towed it or had a key made a the dealer.
Old 06-30-10, 03:37 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

our sc's have a heavy duty steal plate under the dash, and our keys are pretty unusual for the age, so stealing one is something someone has to keep trying at a salvage yard if they can find a one.
Old 06-30-10, 03:50 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a tilt sensor for the alarm and even towing is out of the question.
Old 06-30-10, 04:26 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by sueno2jz
no one is safe from thieves unfortunately, if they want it bad enough they will take it, a tow truck is all it takes, but for the common criminal that wants stereo equipment and various crap left in the vehicle the best defense is a good brand name 2 way paging alarm system installed by pros that know what there doing and are trusted in the community, because remember the best thieves are also installers and there are alot of shady ones that will program an extra remote to your car after they've installed your system, i should know im an installer and ive seen the worst of it, not to scare anyone but just trying to show you should never let your guard down and think just because a car is not the most common stolen vehicle that its not gonna happen to you
I've heard of installers doing that. Luckily, I'm friends with all of the guys at a couple of our local car stereo shops. I'm so paranoid that someone will break into my car since I've got the crappy factory alarm that doesn't make any noise. Once I get some money, I plan to get a high end Viper alarm system though.
Old 06-30-10, 06:36 AM
Jeembo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
get bags.. slam your **** when you park it.. good luck towing it/stealing rims that are tucked under your fender wells.
Lmao.. that's actually a pretty good idea
Old 06-30-10, 07:20 AM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eliteskill

Another example of "function forms fashion" lol
Old 06-30-10, 08:30 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jeembo
Lmao.. that's actually a pretty good idea
Originally Posted by theory5150
Another example of "function forms fashion" lol
I been considering bags for this main reason. =)

- Car would not be towable as you cant even get under the car to attach the hook and even if you do tow it would make so much noise because you be scraping all bumpers and metal frame parts you would catch anyones attention.

- Cant even stick a jack under to lift the car to steal your rims as well. I think VIP is my new security system =P.

I believe we have been troll'd My Integra was stolen and stripped twice. I went with a car that doesnt have a history of being stolen as much.. because parts are not really fast/easy to sell. Remember theives steal for quick cash. All our parts are 2x 3x a honda part = hard to sell. Honda parts can be sold for highschoolers lunch money.
Old 06-30-10, 08:48 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck stealing my supra. First off when I park in a public place I turn my steering wheel all the way to the right or left, then pull my key out, turn the wheel a little, and lock my steering column. Have fun trying to get that on a tow truck. I wont go into all the details of my alarm, but when you come up on my car, everything is dead and there are several redundant kill switches.

There are only three systems that have power and you'll never know it. Two of them are there to detect if someone has entered the car, the 3rd activates my GPS tracker and sends an immediate message to my cell phone with what was triggered. It is a silent alarm, but I can activate it remotely if I don't think I can get to the car in time.

Also if you do manage to get the car on a flatbed, or if you manage to get the car up in running in the 20+ minutes it will take you due to all the redudancies I will know exactly where the car is going through the GPS tracking. And not it's no lojack which is a peice of crap radio tracker.

So don't **** with a supra . The whole system ran me around $500 for everything, and I pay a small monthly fee for the tracking service. So how hard a car is to steal is entirely dependent on how hard you make it to steal.

And most importantly- install your security yourself!! Have some patience and take the time to do it right. Don't do it by the book, the more "custom" and unique your alarm is the harder it will be to disable

Last edited by Klaus; 06-30-10 at 08:51 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $$$$How easy are these SC's to get stolen$$$