SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Appraise my car guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-10, 06:51 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cars arent selling good right now so you will just have to wait for the right buyer
Old 06-13-10, 07:22 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

this car has value to the right buyer... to the guy looking for a clean car that was built simple, reliable and tastefully... Unfortunately that crowd might also be looking more for a 97+ because cleaner and less miles is always thrown into the equation for that audience... but the things that stand out to me are the 6speed, the lsd and the JUSTIN NENNI TUNE... these things alone show the style of the car... and they make it worth alot more to me and hopefully the demographic your aiming for. But unfortuantely in the sc market right now... nobody notices these things.... theyr looking for roof spoilers, touch screens, bags, or head pillows and curtains... Its sad... but the most valuable and imperative pieces of your mod list actually don't get credit from the Majority of members here. Your mod list shows me that your car is prepared for the next round of mods... its got an ems, the tranny and diff... its ready for a single. But nobody will see that.
GLWS... and nice car
Old 06-13-10, 07:30 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
10 grand
Really guys... come on. This is what is destroying the market for our cars... Saying things like this is just degrading the understanding people have of what cars are worth what price in the sc market... plus its insulting to the original poster.
Old 06-13-10, 08:04 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by That-Guy
Really guys... come on. This is what is destroying the market for our cars... Saying things like this is just degrading the understanding people have of what cars are worth what price in the sc market... plus its insulting to the original poster.
he asked for our opinions. that is my opinion based on the prices i see around for our cars and other cars. if other cars are worth 25%+ less then they did 2 years ago why should the SC maintain its value? everything is relative.

yes it is a nice car, but the SC especially with all those modifications is a very niche market car. you will have 10X less people even look at it compared to a 240sx or a supra and less then half of those will contact you for the information on it. half of those that even contact you, will likely try to low ball you to the price we are currently throwing out.

the car has a lot of money invested in it but a car is a terrible investment and you only get back about 40% of what you put into it. exotics and racecars dont apply.

there is a guy locally that has an AMS built evo9 making 560hp and about 90K in custom work and parts and he is selling it for 40K. in fact he is happy to get that. if we are playing percentages that is about 45% of the investment. if you use a similar system on this supposed 18-20K car you get about 8-10K as a resale value.

i have a local guy here in IL trying to sell me a 95 sc300 with black interior and 145K for 1000 bucks and i dont want it even for parts. i dont want it because to me its not worth it.

if you dont like the prices these days then part it out or keep it.

this isnt insulting. its reality. if you dont like it then dont ask and dont sell on the forums. sell it on autotrader.
Old 06-13-10, 08:33 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

The typical SC buyer wouldnt be able to afford this anyway, much less looking for something of this caliber. Try advertising it in the supraforums and see how it goes.

Advertising niche cars to niche car forums would be better than putting it up at craigslist or autotrader for the general idiot masses to lowball.
Old 06-14-10, 12:03 AM
roadkill5o
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Trust me i prefer the SC over a supra anyday, i was saying that because of the motor and tranny combo, seemed to me like the OP was trying to copy the supra set up in a different body.
i couldve bought a supra but i prefer the SC...i like the sleeper status, lexus luxury with all the power a supra has...i love the combo...its a personal preference.
Old 06-14-10, 12:11 AM
roadkill5o
Driver

im not selling it!! just curious to see all your reactions and it was worth it
Old 06-14-10, 12:15 AM
roadkill5o
Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
15k+/- ~ market value right now... but its worth 20k easy down the line. Upgraded twins with 6sp is already putting it at 15k. Over stock 2jzgte going for 10-12k right now.

442whp? on s4s jdm upgraded internals? what psi and race gas?
i made 442rwhp at dynoxtreme in march, 17psi, 91octane, head is ported, polished with hks 264 cams
Old 06-14-10, 03:41 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkill5o
i couldve bought a supra but i prefer the SC...i like the sleeper status, lexus luxury with all the power a supra has...i love the combo...its a personal preference.

I fully agree with you, i'd much rather have a 2jzgte with a v160 in my SC vs daily driving a mk4..

the only thing that sucks is SC's don't hold value like Mk4's..

for what your car would sell for you would be lucky to find a super clean NA automatic supra..

I've got a 97 NA-T RSP SC with black interior, not worth much, imagine what the cheapest RSP NA AUTO supra you could find is going for..
Old 06-14-10, 07:43 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

seems to me, all the Cali folk thinks it's worth around the $15K.
maybe it's just a location thing....SC's are worth more on the West coast?
If it were single turbo and the body was 97+ with some fresh paint....then this thing would be worth some serious $$$ IMO
Old 06-14-10, 10:58 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roadkill5o
i made 442rwhp at dynoxtreme in march, 17psi, 91octane, head is ported, polished with hks 264 cams
Awesome numbers for pretty full blown BPU with 91oct. Honestly if your car was for sale 6months before I bought my GTE 6sp. I would pick it up for $15k easy. I need cams >_< cams would give me another 30-50whp easy.

Originally Posted by 96SC4
If it were single turbo and the body was 97+ with some fresh paint....then this thing would be worth some serious $$$ IMO
Money is hard to come by right now for toys. I picked up my widebody one with bells n whistle for under 20k and that was very hard to decide to dish out that kind of money on a toy... but after tearing it apart and fixing it and making it my own I still came out around 15k~ said and done for my car because of the parts I sold. Sometimes a deal is too good to pass up.

I still think if you want to hold on to it, You will have much better luck later on if you sell it. Hell even give me a year and I might even want it when I single mine. =)
Old 06-14-10, 04:39 PM
roadkill5o
Driver

i still have a long way to go with this car, ive got alot of plans, but im leaving it the way it is for now. 442 rwhp is plenty for the street but i know im going to want more n more as time goes by...and if i ever do think about selling itll be a long long time from now
Old 06-14-10, 05:16 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Thank god you aren't selling it, at least give me a ride in that beast before you do

But onto the selling part, its tough as you will have to wait for the right buyer thats looking for something specific.

Clean car and a motivation for what I want to do, engine wise

Off topic but did you do the swap and everything yourself?
Old 06-14-10, 08:06 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SC4
Its worth more if you actually read what was done to car.

Cali is the mecca of tuner cars, so as subject as values are, we seem to know what separates a legit car from a POS hackjob
Old 06-14-10, 09:04 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

sorry if i missed it in the mod list... whats your fuel setup

Quick Reply: Appraise my car guys