SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDM soarer that i bought today to import to aust

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-10, 06:17 PM
jdm93400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

woa so are u in america aus. was misunderstood by that. sweet soarer. i cant belive u spend that kind of money thats insane. did the isf exhaust come stock like that . i think that sweet lookin
Old 07-13-10, 08:43 PM
sc5sdanny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow nice buys!!!
Old 07-14-10, 05:32 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha wow thread revival 2damax or what!

aussc400 and kyle 1JZ and to everyone else - thankyou very much

jdm93400... i have to be honest. that made no sense. but i'll do my best.

yes i'm from australia. no i'm not in america and no you may not have a bite of my sandwich.

no the IS-F exhaust did not come with it as stock - it's styled on the IS F ...

you say you can't beleive i paid that sort of money - but it will work out to be about 14 grand AUD

which considering the mods list:
Newing top to bottom leather retrim
RG JTC N'1 coilovers
T's project kit
cat back exhaust with IS F tips
re-do of clearcoat
custom foglamps
fact it's in perfect condition
60,000 miles (106xxxkm for us aussies)
fact's it's top of the range and has full options from factory
VVTI 1J

bla bla bla could be on and on about this...

the price is realistically quite decent, i'm happy to pay it at least!!!! in addition to this, because i'm doing two cars simultaneously.. i'm saving bits of money here and there... ie as i'm doing two cars - both cars get charged as one data entry fee / admin fee aqis fee fee transfer bla bla... so far each car has been about $400ea under projected budget...

bit of an update though... car arrived sunday into Australia... cleared customs on monday and goes to quarrantine to determine whether or not both cars need a steam clean to remove bugs - hopefully they won't deem it necessary...

but that's nor here nor there... while this thread is alive...

i noticed a few of you saying "the wheels are too small" ... i have something for you. i give you a hint. what's mine. and 18x9F and 19x10R?
Attached Thumbnails JDM soarer that i bought today to import to aust-schwertsc1.jpg  
Old 06-30-11, 01:51 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

post wont work. i hereby ragequit

Last edited by Relapser; 06-30-11 at 01:52 AM. Reason: grrrrrrrrrrr
Old 06-30-11, 08:25 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I had no idea that you even had a Soarer! I'm so jealous of you because you have a Soarer and the wheels I want D:
Old 06-30-11, 08:34 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

okay got the image working

ASTERiSK - thanks man, I live in Australia so importing cars is easy enough for us keep in mind it's not the cheapest way to get your hands on a soarer but I'd rather have that Soarer than any "new" car! hahaha

but thanks man appreciate the nice comments
Old 06-30-11, 08:40 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man sweet car... i love that u kept the L badges ... i was going to mention that to someone on here... since ppl that dont have a "real" soarer put toyota emblems on there car why shouldnt the japs put lexus emblems on theres... lol. good u kept them on to throw everyone off!!!

also love the interior
Old 06-30-11, 08:41 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

***EDIT oh and:

I'm now an author of www.7tune.com

the pic above was taken at a festival i just organised called Rising Sunday. (held on Sunday the 26th) Hence why i haven't been around much on ClubLexus

basically Rising Sunday was a Japanese car festival with about 500 odd JDM cars showing up to a huge field with bbq and all sorts of cool activities

was a lot of hard work. haha

check out www.7tune.com for the jump in the next few days!
Old 06-30-11, 08:54 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cmh
hey man sweet car... i love that u kept the L badges ... i was going to mention that to someone on here... since ppl that dont have a "real" soarer put toyota emblems on there car why shouldnt the japs put lexus emblems on theres... lol. good u kept them on to throw everyone off!!!

also love the interior
Hey there.
I still have the GOLD L-Package original toyota badges in the boot of my car.. the Japanese owner sent them across cos he was a nice fella. haha

many Aussie owners put lexus badges on their cars here because back in the day these were cars only attained by drug dealers (sounds like a joke but it's actually not that much of an exaggeration) and they liked to appear "rich" so many aussie guys put lexus badges on..

In this case, however.. the Japanese owner has installed Lexus badges, I guess because this particular car is actually DESERVING of Lexus class...

the company that built it fused Lexus IS F exhausts into the T's Project body kit as well as fused Jaguar XJR Fog lights into the bumper, plus there is the Lexus SC430 red interior etc, the pics in this thread are NOTHING like it in real life, i'll upload another pic tomorrow for you guys to get a better idea...

but its' a blood red kind of leather... really quite cool!!

ANYWAY.. where was I..

oh yeah - i was gonna say I never Reverted back to Toyota badges,

It was a dark night, police over here in australia are REALLY ignorant and dumb. they'll give you a defect notice for anything if you're not careful.. defect notice means car must be returned to stock and go for a costly inspection..
anyway - dark night, i get pulled over by two cops on motorbikes.. NOW...
the illegal parts on my car are:

coilovers would ridiculously low (as pictured)

18in fronts and 19in rears (different sizes)

HID head lights, white LED parkers, HID driving lights (aka scoop bop diddy wops, read other threads)

20 grade tint on all windows

aftermarket exhausts

few other bits here n there

anyway - cops pull me over, one cop is checking my license, the other is walking around my car in circles checking over everything.. comes up to me n goes
"tell me... how'd a young bloke like you afford this Lexus?"
"I imported this Lexus from Japan, Officer"

"IMPORT??? was that hard to do?"

"easy if you know how, Officer, is something wrong with it?"

"NO! nothing at all, it's beautiful, what is it, a 2008 model?"

"try 1997"

"haha! wow, you'd never tell, do they come this low from the factory?"

"yeah, you don't buy a Lexus to modify it, it's best to keep things stock i think"

"Yeeeaaaahhhh tell me about it, Car mods are a little silly"

"yeah"

"so what about the wheels? are they aftermarket??"

"Dealer option, Officer"

"nice, you picked well! have a good night and drive this carefully wont you"

LESSON LEARNED. buy a lexus. bull **** your way through police checkpoints :P
Old 06-30-11, 09:16 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

wow that leather sure is ugly.i hate these threads where over confident self absorbed people put down cl members by saying things like "we paint or dye our interiors" and"my interior is more adult" frankly op has a cocky attitude throughout this whole thread and you guys give him praise for his"more expensive" soarer. fml wad.
Old 06-30-11, 09:21 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Okay so i was a bit of a **** a year and a half ago, I've grown to respect you guys over the time and apologised, nice sledging btw troll.
Old 06-30-11, 09:23 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

alright forgiven! now thats a good attitude. in defense of the troll remark ok maybe i could have ignored it but the first post just struck all wrong. its all good mate! were cool now i get you.
Old 06-30-11, 09:30 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

*bro-hug*

yeah that was literally my first post.

first post into ANY car forum is like your first day in prison. you either make yourself seem like a cocky tough nut...

..or.. you end up being bubba's meat hole for the next 15 years

hahaha but i'm calmed down now, it's also odd for me coming from australia, and talking to you americans, there's so many cultural differences and hmm... "customary mannerisms" that differ between our two cultures.

what you Americans call cocky and self absorbed, we just call "having a laugh"

there's a saying in Australia...

"Australia is the only country where you call the people you don't know "mate"... and you call your best friends "****s" "

(if that gets censored, the word is the C-bomb)
Old 06-30-11, 09:38 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

lol you are absolutely right about the cultural differences! i have had some ausie friends and it is true what you say. i guess i kinda forgot how you guys are there for a minute. and every ausie i have hung out with ended up being cool as hell and good friends. lol bro hug. it is a sweet ride too man i just had to bust your ***** for that first post.
Old 06-30-11, 09:48 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

haha

i ain't even mad about that... put it this way, you were ripping a cocky little idiot who was delusional... I'm not that person anymore, so i can't get mad if you pay "that guy" out because that's no longer me

I'm no longer this immature moron trying to get people to like me. that was then, I'm now an Author for 7tune (which I'm very proud of) and just organised a japanese car festival called Rising Sunday (which i was blabbing about before) (I'm also Very Proud of Rising Sunday) haha

I'm a changed human, i look at what i once wrote n I'm like DAMMMMNNNNN who was i buying my weed off back then!!! haha

FYI - Tomorrow when the Sun's out, im going to take a PROPER pic of my interior. those photo make it look rancid!

oh and in case you're wondering why im talking so much - I'm Procrastinating.

ANYWAY

what's been up, ClubLexus?

i haven't spoken to any of you in ages!!!

Quick Reply: JDM soarer that i bought today to import to aust