SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another think they will total it thread ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-10, 07:27 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another think they will total it thread ?

Long story short , my car was stolen out of my garage two nights ago , and recovered yesterday. They completely tore through my center console , yanked my radio, left a tear in my driver seat , tore up a piece of my trim on the lower passenger side. While trying to take off my rear plate they managed to somehow break the fiberglass off the bumper so no plate could be mounted their anymore. I mean seriously I was looking up list price on l tuned , a stock radio from lexus is 1600.00 is that how insurnace companies work ? Or will they make me try junkyards first ? My one thought is that the rear bumper will have to be replaced. it sustained enough damage. Also they have my keys which means they could come back again and take it. Will Farmers pay to get my ignition and locks redone ? I've never been in this situation before. Some advice and helped is needed . than kyou
Old 05-30-10, 07:30 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

I know people will ask how they got my keys . They broke into my roomates truck , used his garage door opener to gain access to the house. While in the house they stole my laptops and x box 360. Lying next to my latop was my keys . Meanwhile the entire time i was sleeping upstairs. Guess I'm jsut glad they didn't want anything else. All I know is my car is covered in fingerprint dust and smells like cigarettes now. I hate it
Old 05-30-10, 07:34 AM
NineTreSc3
Driver

Sorry to hear that bro Hope you get it all back together soon. People are screwed up. You should have had those james bond door handles that shock you when you touch them lol. But good luck. Ive got a stock radio for cheap if you are looking.
Old 05-30-10, 07:38 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

oh i still have my stock radio, but i'm not telling them that lol. The funniest damned thing is though , when they ripped out my avic-d3 . they failed to take anything else other than the deck itself. They failed to take any of the gps components. How do they plan on getting it to work ?
Old 05-30-10, 07:41 AM
NineTreSc3
Driver

Hey since they have your keys you could always just get every key hole changed(expensive and time consuming) or you could create a fuel pump relay switch which cuts off power to the fuel pump. You hide it under the dash or something so only you know where it is. Cut it off when you get out, cut it on when you get in. If someone stole it the car would start but only have what fuel is left in the lines. Maybe it would be enough for them to get down the road and then it would cut off and theyd be like OH WTF. Hopefully the car would stall right in front of a cop lol. They would just think its out of gas lol
Old 05-30-10, 07:47 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

all good ideas , but truthfully I want the car gone. My auto couture kit thank god was not on the car , and they managed to not be able to get my tail lights or wheels. For that I am thankful, but does anyone think the damage is enough to total it ?
Old 05-30-10, 07:47 AM
NineTreSc3
Driver

Originally Posted by UTSC300
oh i still have my stock radio, but i'm not telling them that lol. The funniest damned thing is though , when they ripped out my avic-d3 . they failed to take anything else other than the deck itself. They failed to take any of the gps components. How do they plan on getting it to work ?
Haha they are idiots. Probably in the panic of it all they didnt even realize to take your wires. Someone broke into a bunch of civics at my buddys apartment not too long ago. They took his girlfriends deck but left all of the wires and everything lol. Took the spare tire but left the subs and amp Then we found the tire laying in the road.
Old 05-30-10, 09:25 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 thing is for sure; whoever stole all that stuff knows you personally. or you were being watched closely.

if youre renting, i'd say move.

either that, or get a burner...so you can light them up if they have the ***** to return (which they probbaly will, eventually).
Old 05-30-10, 09:35 AM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Net
1 thing is for sure; whoever stole all that stuff knows you personally. or you were being watched closely.

if youre renting, i'd say move.

either that, or get a burner...so you can light them up if they have the ***** to return (which they probbaly will, eventually).
yeah man its seems like these guys knew who you were to know where you live and get your garage opener...id say move or get a better alarm system or some on star gps tracking system would be nice
Old 05-30-10, 11:35 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that shid right there really sucks!!!
i would of want insane!!
Old 05-30-10, 02:10 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear it bro...Mossberg Maverick 12ga are $204 with tax from Academy, and a box of 5 rifled slugs is $6..sorry, I dont bs around with theives..I'd be waiting in the garage for the next few weeks, but be sure you work on the car in plain view...then wait. I gurantee 1 solid pump from a 12ga, they wont move, hold them at point, call PD, and done...be sure to give the bastard the 12 ga shell that was chambered and tell him next time it will be an ambulance that is called, not the cops.
Old 05-30-10, 03:53 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DAMN!!! out the fawking garagee though!! bro u gotta get some protection...invest in a german sheppard if u can have pets where u live...yeah its prob someone u know same happened to me but was my moms g 35 i was using SMH
Old 05-30-10, 04:17 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I always hate to hear about these type of threads. Good luck with your insurance settlement. They will get what they got coming to them.

I hate this happened to you and especially another SC brother!
Old 05-30-10, 04:41 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodremz
sorry to hear it bro...Mossberg Maverick 12ga are $204 with tax from Academy, and a box of 5 rifled slugs is $6..sorry, I dont bs around with theives..I'd be waiting in the garage for the next few weeks, but be sure you work on the car in plain view...then wait. I gurantee 1 solid pump from a 12ga, they wont move, hold them at point, call PD, and done...be sure to give the bastard the 12 ga shell that was chambered and tell him next time it will be an ambulance that is called, not the cops.
He's from Utah...do they have the same property/invader/gun laws Texans do?

edit:+1 with everyone on..."they do know you"
A friend of mine got his 2008 Charger R/T stolen out of his garage at a private home no less, and his keys were inside as well.
Old 05-30-10, 05:08 PM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

lol oh i've got guns , the locks have been changed , garage has been reprogrammed , he will no longer be parking in the driveway. Also they got my adt keyring keypad , so that had to be reprogrammed. After speaking with an adjustor over the phone , he thinks the car has enough damage to total it out. I won't be selling any of my parts , I'll probly end up buying the car back from the insurance. It still has the tokico shocks, espe springs , brand new control arms and steering rack bushings , that alone makes the car worth something back to me.

Quick Reply: Another think they will total it thread ?