SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC involved in fatal accident w/ FHP officer

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 12:46 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Thats good to hear that it was a true accident and not drug or alcohol induced. Condolences to the officers family and may he R.I.P. I feel bad for the kid as well..barely about to hit 20 and he's gonna have to go through life with this on his hands. What a world we live in.
Drugs- ruled out
Alchohol- ruled out
Stupidity- ?
Wrecklessness- ?
Carelessness- ?

Unless there was a true defect with the car, the driver is always responsible for rear ending somebody. Typically it's one or more of the last three on that list.
Old 05-18-10, 02:52 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^what degree of manslaughter would that be..?
assuming it would be charged as manslaughter
Old 05-18-10, 03:06 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There will be no manslaughter charge. Its a vehicular accident and if the officers family chooses to sue then so be it. It will not go to court with the fact that drugs were not involved. it is a civil matter, not criminal.
Old 05-18-10, 03:25 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sc5sdanny
The kid was tested for drugs n alcohol and had neither in him and had a clean driving record...
That's good to hear. I wonder what happened?
Old 05-18-10, 05:41 PM
ogre
Driver

why is that whenever a cop gets killed stuff like this gets blown out of proportion? for real if people want to talk and be "sympathetic" about this then its fair to all of the soldiers that diein combat and anyother cop that dies somewhere else, and asfar as that concerned its not fair to ANY other person that dies. my pesonal opinion is that cop shouldnt get any special attention, they are just regular people to. let the flaming begin
Old 05-18-10, 05:52 PM
cino21
Pole Position

^^^ u SON OF A B! lol jk.. i think people look at it like this... the police officer is putting his/her life on the line to protect and serve the community everytime they step outside, so to have this person die like this is a trajedy... same with soldiers, they are putting themselves at risk for their country.. which is why they tend to get more attention than every other person.. flame no more! lol
Old 05-18-10, 06:26 PM
ogre
Driver

what im sayin is its not fair to not recognize every single soldier that dies, but you can recognize every cop. thats bull*****. and to be honest they know and accept the risks when they sign on. sorry, but i have a problem with authority figures, and thread like this **** me off
Old 05-18-10, 06:43 PM
cino21
Pole Position

lol... i do too everytime i get pulled over, the prob is you have to look at statistics... more soldiers die than average citizens, which is why it's not SEEN as a big deal.. more average citizens die every day vs police officers.... this whole argument has been brought up i think on the colbert report or something lol
Old 05-18-10, 08:46 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ogre
what im sayin is its not fair to not recognize every single soldier that dies, but you can recognize every cop. thats bull*****. and to be honest they know and accept the risks when they sign on. sorry, but i have a problem with authority figures, and thread like this **** me off
I totally agree with you. Personally, I'm not too big of a fan of cops since we've got more bad cops than good ones around here.
Old 05-19-10, 03:44 AM
ogre
Driver

that's where I'm comin from too. if you google mercer county sherriff drug charges. you'll probably see what I'm talkin about. our sherriff got put in jail for sellin pot and pills last year.
Old 05-19-10, 04:14 AM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure its a tragedy, but a 2006 model car bursting into flames when hit in the rear? thats just fked up man.
Old 05-19-10, 09:20 AM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i think they should look into the car itself and not blame the kid completely for killing the officer in the wreck.. if it wasnt the first time a cop car burst into flames after getting rear ended.. then the cop car must be an issue that should be looked at..
Old 05-19-10, 09:29 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

why is that whenever a cop gets killed stuff like this gets blown out of proportion? for real if people want to talk and be "sympathetic" about this then its fair to all of the soldiers that diein combat and anyother cop that dies somewhere else, and asfar as that concerned its not fair to ANY other person that dies. my pesonal opinion is that cop shouldnt get any special attention, they are just regular people to. let the flaming begin
wow maybe go cry a river somewhere else? if you dont agree with people giving sympathy to the cop then dont post. its not like he was asking to get killed.
Old 05-19-10, 09:49 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thread is starting to get out of hand with opinions...cop died cause of kids stupidity. prayers and sorrow to the family of the police officer, and hope the kid learns something from it...enough said.
Old 05-19-10, 09:50 AM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed....I've seen documentaries when Bush was in office and how the soldiers were doing to protect themselves cause they did'nt have much armor. Not a pretty look!

Quick Reply: SC involved in fatal accident w/ FHP officer