SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Calling all SC300 / SC400 / Soarers with Aftermarket Subs!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-10, 07:04 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much power those the IB4 put out??
Old 05-15-10, 07:10 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clean400
Not really an option for me if I still want to play golf lol.
i have to recline my pass seat all the way back/down to put my clubs in car
i hear ya on the box in the trunk....
Old 05-15-10, 07:40 PM
manchesi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to say but u guys dont have it right if u want a good sub in ur sc go with w7 12 here is my setup: w712 with a kicker 1000.1 its loud!! no back seat itsstill under construction..

im going to build a faceplace and swade it tan itwill look like a huge box built in the cargoing to add some highs an more but its not done yet...
Old 05-15-10, 08:22 PM
miraluna
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clean400
Are you talking about this sub?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SW1001S2.html

This is the one I purchased hoping it would fit in the stock location. Since the magnet does not taper in like most other subs it makes it difficult to install in the stock 10" location. If you were able to install this sub there please let me know how you did it. The only way I can see doing it is to either dremel the stock sub location or to mount the sub higher up and not hidden under the stock speaker grille.

Oh and how does it sound? Thanks.

yes, it was installed by professionals (I think they did minor mod, cutting the plate off with scissors) and it sounds pretty good... I personally do not like it to be too loud... and it shakes the back window...
Old 05-15-10, 09:27 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by manchesi
sorry to say but u guys dont have it right if u want a good sub in ur sc go with w7 12 here is my setup: w712 with a kicker 1000.1 its loud!! no back seat itsstill under construction..

im going to build a faceplace and swade it tan itwill look like a huge box built in the cargoing to add some highs an more but its not done yet...

I accomplished the same thing without killing my trunk let alone my backseat
Old 05-15-10, 11:46 PM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I like the way it sounds, but when you crank it, the deck lid rattles or speaker covers. I am using Alumapro 600 watt amp amp and 4 (8) inch sub in a sealed enclosure. Sounds very good for the money and effort I spent. If I can just get the rattling to stop, I would be 100% happy with it! I completely removed the stock sub itself and using that whole as a port for sound to get into the cabin.
I pulled off the speaker grilles and it eliminated most of the rattling. Left the deck lid alone though because it's my top tail light. I'm happy with how it sounds now you should try it 1992Lexus !

Oh yea and for those who are wondering, a sealed box is way better than a ported one. The holes on the box let out a lot of the bass leaving you with a rattling trunk but hardly any bass in the cabin
Old 05-16-10, 12:03 AM
manchesi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OaklandLex
I pulled off the speaker grilles and it eliminated most of the rattling. Left the deck lid alone though because it's my top tail light. I'm happy with how it sounds now you should try it 1992Lexus !

Oh yea and for those who are wondering, a sealed box is way better than a ported one. The holes on the box let out a lot of the bass leaving you with a rattling trunk but hardly any bass in the cabin
well i have no rattling at all just bass and with the w7 a ported box is recomended from JL... as for the back seat i have no use for it if i neededit i would have got a 4door and i also have full trunk space..
Old 05-16-10, 02:27 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evileagle
If your going to do it, do it right.....

Custom fiberglass enclosure with a JL 12w7. 1.325 ft^2 of airspace measured with water. Takes up practically no space in the trunk....Im actually in the middle of this install and im waiting on some dynamat, CCF, and some mass loaded vinyl barrier....ill post completed pics when done in about a week (im doing so many other projects at the same time)

Sorry about quality of pics, taken with cell phone (HTC Incredible)

You should make a few of these and sell it to SC owners, I'm sure ppl will buy this. I'll be your first customer, but I need it on the other side of the trunk since my right side is where my battery is
Old 05-16-10, 03:28 AM
BIGCTY
Pole Position

sorry to say but u guys dont have it right if u want a good sub in ur sc go with w7 12 here is my setup...
Dude, you made me wake my GF up with my laughter. So it's your contention that everyone here that chose to KEEP THEIR BACKSEAT has it WRONG? How about aesthetic quality? I have a bunch of cars, and regardless of whether I need it or not taking the backseat out to accommodate a big ugly a$$ box simply aint gonna happen.

Originally Posted by Vincent123
You should make a few of these and sell it to SC owners, I'm sure ppl will buy this. I'll be your first customer, but I need it on the other side of the trunk since my right side is where my battery is

Last edited by BIGCTY; 05-16-10 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-16-10, 06:30 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vincent123
Glass boxes take a lot of time and are pricey. Mine took 2 full days along with about $125 in supplies or so (2 big liters of resin alone was like $70).

PM me if your serious about wanting one....
Old 05-16-10, 08:50 AM
manchesi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BIGCTY
Dude, you made me wake my GF up with my laughter. So it's your contention that everyone here that chose to KEEP THEIR BACKSEAT has it WRONG? How about aesthetic quality? I have a bunch of cars, and regardless of whether I need it or not taking the backseat out to accommodate a big ugly a$$ box simply aint gonna happen.

well that "big a$$ box" is going to look stockish and i willbet money that it will sound better then any setup u can fit in the trunk with a small box! u gotta know that its alll about the box i like bass. i have no use for a back seat thats ment for 12 yr old to sit .
+ its a 2 door that is like a supra or rx7 no backseat. i dont like more then 1 person in the car at a time just more ppl that could mess up ur car

lastly i have my back seats and there inside keepin them selfs mint! for when i sell the car they can just put them back in if they want.

also my box isnot done u cant say u dont likeit til u see it done thos pics werejust teasers but the sub works in there right now.

if u alldont like it and u wanna put some cheap sub in ur car then do that if u want the best its JL
Old 05-16-10, 09:02 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

well that "big a$$ box" is going to look stockish and i willbet money that it will sound better then any setup u can fit in the trunk with a small box! u gotta know that its alll about the box i like bass. i have no use for a back seat thats ment for 12 yr old to sit .
+ its a 2 door that is like a supra or rx7 no backseat. i dont like more then 1 person in the car at a time just more ppl that could mess up ur car

lastly i have my back seats and there inside keepin them selfs mint! for when i sell the car they can just put them back in if they want.

also my box isnot done u cant say u dont likeit til u see it done thos pics werejust teasers but the sub works in there right now.

if u alldont like it and u wanna put some cheap sub in ur car then do that if u want the best its JL

Three things wrong with your statement.

1- how in Christ's name are you going to make a big-*** box in your backseat look stock.

2- JL recommends a 15*15*15.5 sealed enclosure adding up to 1.325 cubic feet. It's not one of those "the bigger the better" ordeals like you claim, its simply math. In addition a bandpass/ported box sounds way to muddy and defeats the purpose of an acoustically accurate sub like a W7.

3- Bass is non- directional. Ever wonder why you hear people "Bumping" from a distance? It doesn't really matter where the sub is located so having it right behind you or in the trunk will not make a difference. As long as you remove the partition behind the back seat and take out the stock sub, It will sound the same if not better. Also having a w7 blasting next to my ear probably isn't the smartest thing to do..

just my 2 cents....

Last edited by evileagle; 05-16-10 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-16-10, 12:36 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to say but u guys dont have it righ

+ its a 2 door that is like a supra or rx7 no backseat.
MK4's do have a back seat
Old 05-16-10, 02:35 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

So, getting rid of that huge sheet of metal between the fuel tank and gas pump will get rid of the rattling and make more sound come into the cabin?
Old 05-16-10, 02:58 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kira X
So, getting rid of that huge sheet of metal between the fuel tank and gas pump will get rid of the rattling and make more sound come into the cabin?
It will sure help....

Quick Reply: Calling all SC300 / SC400 / Soarers with Aftermarket Subs!! :)