SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-18, 07:59 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I had three 97 5 speed, sold one already so still have two. Remember the one I bought wrecked in front (hitting the rear of a jeep) and I restored ?.... that's the second. Well , I am thinking of just using the stock vvti intake manifold with the threadstone exhaust manifold. A BW S369sxe will fit ... tried it .... close to the strut but it will work. That turbo will make 950rwhp. Lawrence made 833rwhp with his PT-6870 on a treadstone manifold. I believe with a healthy stock pre vvti short block , a vvti head and intake with a turbo on treadstone manifold will allow people to have a good reliable boosted 2jzge up to 750rwhp without spending so much .. that is what I am trying to accomplish. Getting into the right squish helps squeeze every bit of power of course. Jim (jimmymac) made almost 600rwhp and the squish on his engine is I believe .075" since only .010" was milled from the head and yet still made good power .

I was lazy to uninstall the fuel injectors and railing from the 2000 and 1997 to swap and fit them .. just took pictures. I will do that tomorrow just to make sure . You are right , the older intake runners without the air assist would be the best one to use for more injector options at 11mm .
Good to see that the S369 fits. I know it was gonna be tight but I figured it would fit.
Old 05-01-18, 04:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdub215
Good to see that the S369 fits. I know it was gonna be tight but I figured it would fit.
It is basically same footprint as your S366 that is why it fits .
Old 05-01-18, 09:08 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The vvti injectors don't seat low enough into the 97 ports, physically they fit and will bolt in but the lower o ring never makes contact with the lower port. This I believe stops the air assist from functioning as intended. I though I posted a side by side when I did this previously? I'll have to go look.

*edit https://www.clublexus.com/forums/1ge...injectors.html
Here's where you can see the difference.

Last edited by 187; 05-01-18 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-01-18, 10:12 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Gerrb, that sounds like a good plan. The tread stone does help with getting around the stock intake but I just like the look of the top mounts I guess.
I supposed you have enough turbo setups to not care about that on a few of them though

187 yeah I thought you had posted something like that but not sure as I can't remember half the stuff we did in this thread anymore.
looks close but yeah that lower O-ring is at a different distance.
I guess if you are 96-97 and can't find an obd1 runner, you could use a vvti runner then and use the vvti injectors. I think they make them in 440 and 550 now.
Old 05-01-18, 10:36 AM
Lead Lap

Definitely a good option, I'm not sure which is harder to source these days. Also if you do obtain a VVTI runner and retain the air assist it will make the stock 96-97 IACV much happier.
Old 05-01-18, 12:45 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I do wonder what happens when the air assist sees boost. I haven't studied they system at all but at the very least you could block it off and have injectors that fit the rail still.
Old 05-01-18, 09:03 PM
ZOOT3D240
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swapped ecus and ran the car today dident misfire. Supposed to rain tomorro well see if it does. Heres a little clip driving around in 3rd and 4th gear https://youtu.be/CXiREixH2FU

am I not supposed to run over 14psi on the stock get map sensor? I need to install a boost controller it's shooting up to 19 and fuel cutting but I'm fed gonna lower the boost

Last edited by ZOOT3D240; 05-01-18 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-02-18, 08:49 AM
Lead Lap

That is an interesting question, I would think that an extra 10-20 PSI in that assist chamber probably wouldn't be that great with the o-rings. I think the never injectors would be more than up to the task without any of the assist, not to mention you won't be running an ecu that is expecting the change in fueling that the assist provides.
Old 05-03-18, 10:46 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Zoot, you need a smaller spring in your wastegate then if its shooting to that psi means your spring is that psi or something wrong with your vacuum line to your wastegate.

the boost controller will only raise boost above whatever the spring is. find a 8-12 psi spring for your wastegate and install a manual boost controller.
set it at 14 before boost cut. You could turn it higher with a boost cut controller and a fuel controller but you will probably need 550's.
Old 05-07-18, 04:55 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Since I have a cali 1992 SC300 it'll be difficult to find 440cc or 550cc injectors, correct? If I can not locate an OBD1 lower runner then I can use a VVTI lower runner, correct? Thanks
Old 05-08-18, 10:35 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I am not positive, go out and snap a picture of your injectors or see if there is an air assist hose going to the idle valve.
Cali spec I think did use the air assist injectors earlier than obd2, but I want to say the early years like 92 didn't have them but I am not positive.

If you do have air assist and cannot find the federal obd1 runner, then yeah you could use the vvti setup and injectors.
Your plenum or upper runners bolt up to the vvti lower runner so that is good.
you will be limited in injector selection though, so I would try and find a federal obd1 lower runner somewhere.
you can get one off an early gs300 as well.
The following users liked this post:
joe diego (12-17-19)
Old 05-08-18, 11:01 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gerry,

All those 2JZ's and 2JZ parts reminds me of my garage a year ago when I had nothing but 2JZ parts all over the place....haha.

What i did on my setup, was I end-milled a non-vvti lower runner flange, and welded it to a GTE lower runner. Surprisingly, it lines up better than I expected...however, I am not certain what the performance will be like, and there isn't much documented on this before/after. I did it for the simple reason that there are more aftermarket GTE fuel setups around than there are for the GE (i.e., Radium, etc...).

I'd like to find out more about the Treadstone turbo manifold from folks who have actually used it. I'm not a huge fan of cast manifolds, but if it clears strut mounts on the Z32 with a turbo bolted on....for the price, it sounds like a winner.

Last edited by LexIS007; 05-10-18 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-09-18, 12:09 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by joe diego
Since I have a cali 1992 SC300 it'll be difficult to find 440cc or 550cc injectors, correct? If I can not locate an OBD1 lower runner then I can use a VVTI lower runner, correct? Thanks
Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I am not positive, go out and snap a picture of your injectors or see if there is an air assist hose going to the idle valve.
Cali spec I think did use the air assist injectors earlier than obd2, but I want to say the early years like 92 didn't have them but I am not positive.

If you do have air assist and cannot find the federal obd1 runner, then yeah you could use the vvti setup and injectors.
Your plenum or upper runners bolt up to the vvti lower runner so that is good.
you will be limited in injector selection though, so I would try and find a federal obd1 lower runner somewhere.
you can get one off an early gs300 as well.
I have a 1992 Cali SC300. there is no air assist. We have the normal brown injectors. The oside 440's are drop in and good to go. all you'll have to do is depin the 3rd o2 sensor and one of the fronts when wiring the ecu in. alternately, you can extend the 3rd o2 sensor wiring (since its heated) , depin the first two o2 sensors and you're good to roll. if i do this mod again on a early cali car, i'll do that.
The following users liked this post:
joe diego (12-17-19)
Old 05-09-18, 02:02 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the confirmation Bdub, I thought I remembered that the air assist didn't start till later on cali models.
I want to say 94 or so but I am not positive, heck it could have been in 96 with the rest of them.
It was either the air assist or the VSV on the fuel pressure regulator or both, can't remember... but its easy to check if you have it or not both are readily visible from on top.
Old 05-21-18, 05:51 AM
Polarisman
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey all,

I have been piecing together a system for a while--if you have any suggestions or things I am missing please let me know! Trying to make sure I have literally everything I'll need so I can get started on this.

Here's what I currently have on hand, and what I think I'm missing:

HOT SIDE STUFF:
(2) types of oil feed lines
Turbo, WG, and header gaskets + hardware
(2) types of oil return lines
Oil return flange gaskets
Oil return flange (need to verify this is the right one for OEM location)
Bag of misc. fittings + barbs
Union bolt (need to verify this is correct)
Turbo blanket
Vacuum line
Exhaust manifold, having flanges decked at a machine shop
Fel-pro header gasket
Wastegate + hardware
Flex section for downpipe
Downpipe
WG screamer pipe
Downpipe + WG screamer pipe gaskets + hardware
(2) 3" 90° bend (for midpipe)
2" u-j bend pipe (to recirculate WG screamer pipe into exhaust)
(3) rubber exhaust hangers
(3) 3" v-band clamps
2' of 3" exhaust piping
Stainless exhaust hanger
12" x 3" resonator (for midpipe)
S366 turbo w/oil feed and return flanges/fittings
2" flex pipe (for screamer pipe)
​​​​​​
COLD SIDE STUFF:
Manual boost controller + hardware
Ngr type s gov + gasket/hardware
​​​​​Turbo inlet pipe
Vacuum manifold
IC pipe brackets (2)
(5) IC pipes, incl. Bov flange pipe
Fmic w/brackets
60° aluminum bend (extra)
(12) various t bolt clamps
(5) straight couplers, black
(1) 60° coupler, black
(1) 45° coupler, black
(1) 90° coupler, black
Vacuum line for acis bypass (what else needs to be done to accomplish this?)

FUEL:
Aem 320lph fuel pump w/hardware, pigtail
Oside 440cc injectors w/plug and play clips

​​​​​​IGNITION:
Coil on plug pigtails (6)
DS62 igniter w/pigtail
Plug wires
Dizzy block off plate
Coil on plug coils

ECU/GAUGES/SENSORS/ELECTRICAL:
Iat sensor w/pigtail
Map sensor w/pigtail
4-wire Denso o2 sensor
Arm uego wideband sensor + gauge + hardware
Aristo ecu
(6) ecu pins with 8" wires
Jumper wire for diagnostic terminal, to set timing
Jumper wire, to jump R109 on gauge cluster to get tach to work
Miscellaneous 14-20 gauge wire, eps shrink tube, leaded solder
ProSport manual boost gauge

I think I am still missing the following:
(6) spark plugs (what NGK plug should I use?)
Tb to im gasket
Lower oil pan gasket (Does it make sense to pull lower pan to clean oil return drill shaving residue?)
Oil return flange + union bolt (if the ones i have aren't the correct ones)
Dual gauge pod of some sort
Flange decking on exhaust manifold, ($80, already listed above)
Air filter, with black coupler and t bolt clamps to attach inlet pipe to turbo (missing from kit, replacement on order already)
Fuel pump plus ac relays (what kind do I need for these? What gauge wire should I use?)

Thanks!

Matt

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod