2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod - Page 232 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Old 11-10-17, 01:10 PM   #3466
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic

what do you mean between the throttle body and vsv? pic? alot of the ports of the throttle body do not have full time vacuum cause they are "ported".
to be safe put a Tee in the small line for the fuel pressure regulator, and put the map sensor vac line to the T end.
I had the best results with my map sensor here, until I went FFIM then I had the map sensor reading from the middle of the plenum.

I have seen surging like that from map sensor reading too high (not seeing full vacuum at idle due to using a ported port), from a large vacuum leak, timing too advanced, and especially the tps position.

It may be hard to tell if the engine changes note when you put the jumper in when its surging like that, normally it will idle decent enough to be able to tell which makes me suspect the map sensor reading. mark the original spot of the tps before playing with it so you don't get too lost adjusting it.
the map sensor being off is the most likely culprit as I can hear it missing on several cylinders, normally the tps out will just cause surging and not so much the missing.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 11-10-17 at 01:14 PM.
Ali SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 02:21 PM   #3467
mrmj2u
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali SC3 View Post
what do you mean between the throttle body and vsv? pic? alot of the ports of the throttle body do not have full time vacuum cause they are "ported".
to be safe put a Tee in the small line for the fuel pressure regulator, and put the map sensor vac line to the T end.
I had the best results with my map sensor here, until I went FFIM then I had the map sensor reading from the middle of the plenum.

I have seen surging like that from map sensor reading too high (not seeing full vacuum at idle due to using a ported port), from a large vacuum leak, timing too advanced, and especially the tps position.

It may be hard to tell if the engine changes note when you put the jumper in when its surging like that, normally it will idle decent enough to be able to tell which makes me suspect the map sensor reading. mark the original spot of the tps before playing with it so you don't get too lost adjusting it.
the map sensor being off is the most likely culprit as I can hear it missing on several cylinders, normally the tps out will just cause surging and not so much the missing.
Ali, THANK YOU!! The MAP vacuum tap was indeed in a bad position. Once I put it between the fuel regulator and the intake manifold, it started and ran very smoothly! I hooked up the timing light and set the timing to about 6*. Now Iíll conmect the 4 wire O2 and be done with it until I bolt the turbo on. Thanks again Ali!

187: I also checked the TPS and it was in a good spot.
Attached Thumbnails
2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-0b847ec7-c746-4994-8e69-5920bc7a417b.jpeg  

Last edited by mrmj2u; 11-12-17 at 08:35 AM.
mrmj2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 09:28 AM   #3468
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic

glad it worked out. you can probably go closer to 8 degrees especially without the turbo.
Old 11-13-17, 11:19 AM   #3469
mrmj2u
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali SC3 View Post
glad it worked out. you can probably go closer to 8 degrees especially without the turbo.
Iíll make that change. I have a feeling that my MAP sensor is bad, sometimes the car runs smoothly and other times it runs rough.
Old 11-13-17, 03:41 PM   #3470
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic

it'll probably improve once you get the o2 sensor working, or if you are still on the factory non heated once it warms up. if not there may be another issue or could be due o the 500cc injectors and too much fuel at times.
Old 11-13-17, 03:44 PM   #3471
mrmj2u
Driver

The O2 sensor is installed and there is no longer a code 21. Hopefully it’ll be fixed with another MAP, otherwise I’ll have to buy a SAFC.
Old 11-15-17, 04:47 PM   #3472
TheoryEK
Driver School Candidate

Been lurking for a few weeks since I bought my SC and already ordered my turbo kit from Whifbitz so I am waiting for that. It’s a 1993 so it’s OBD1 and it auto as well. I was looking into getting the mapecu3 but with all the negatives I decided maybe this route is better. The only concern is the torque converter lock up issue. I’ve read through more than 50+ pages and just want a clear answer. Did the fix for the lock up work that was posted on page 170ish or no? I think I may have read that it didn’t work.
TheoryEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-17, 06:52 AM   #3473
TheoryEK
Driver School Candidate

Also for the nat auto guys wouldn’t it be easier to swap in a ge ecu so auto controls are there and you get the map/iat. This would be easier to tune rather than a kvf maf with a piggyback. Just something I have been wondering.
TheoryEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #3474
Mckillip16
Driver School Candidate

Hoping you guys can help me out here. I'm having some issues with my NA-t after boosting it. Its a vvti 2jzge running a JDM vvti 2jzgte ecu and maf and map sensor.
Heres my set up:
walbro 255 pump, return style fuel pressure regualtor set at about 42 psi right now, also rises 1:1 with boost ( vacuum line from intake to regulator), 420cc high impedance injectors, 2jzgte ecu, maf sensor (pre turbo with a 3" tube, its also a very short intake pipe), no bov at the moment, so doesnt affect my issue but it will be vented to atmosphere.

All of my AFR's are normal except for when i let off the throttle. At idle im at around 14, under load at wot im around 11, then when i let off the throttle ( weather i let off at wot or just cruising speed) the AFR's go to 10.0 and will stay there until i touch the throttle again. If i dont touch the throttle it just holds steady at 10.0 and i can see smoke coming my exhaust like im just dumping raw gas. After i touch the gas they go to 16+ which i think is what should happen right after i let off the throttle. This also causes my engine to stall when coming to a stop.
It didnt do this before i was boosted, and it also does this with the ge ecu installed. I checked all my connections with soapy water to look for an air leak but i coudnt find anything.
My left valve cover hose ( i beleive is the crankcase breather) just has a filter on it, and my right valve cover hose (pcv vavle) is routed to the intake manifild just like it would in a stock application.
All the stock vacuum lines, including the one to the fuel rail, are still hooked up as if it was NA still. Do i need to re route some of these or are these not related to my issue?

My wastegate sensor line is also hooked up to the compressor housing, if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure what is goin on, does anyone have any ideas?
Mckillip16 is offline   Reply With Quote