SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-15, 04:44 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Damnnnnnnn...
I miss that daily dose of TT ECU posts. Wake up guys! Any new developments?
Old 08-25-15, 02:13 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a question about step 8 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8095725-post1095.html)

Is this necessary even after an EGR delete?
Old 08-25-15, 04:36 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joe diego
I have a question about step 8 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8095725-post1095.html)

Is this necessary even after an EGR delete?
Ali did remind me to do this just last week. He did not offer and conditions where it wouldn't be necessary nor did he in the thread. I'd guess so but hope he will chime in.

Good Luck
Old 08-25-15, 08:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

You should do step 8... as long as you have the stock intake manifold with the ACIS valve.
If you skip it you will just be loosing spool and power, so you always want to do it with the stock intake.

if you removed EGR... you can still do step 8.
if you removed all those metal hard pipes that are shown in the picture (some remove those when removing EGR), then just run a vacuum line straight from the intake manifold to the butterfly valve in the middle of the stock intake manifold (ACIS) valve.
If you still have the metal hardlines, then you can just connect them as shown.

the butterfly valve you run the vaccum line to looks like this, it has a short vacuum line hanging off of it but you can replace that with a longer line.
Old 08-25-15, 08:57 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

On another note, this thread has been way more successful than I ever imagined, and wanted to take a minute to thank all those who have helped out in here or even just did the mod and posted about the results.

It has come a long way from my original post, and all the help and tweaks have just made it even better along the way to where the mod seems as complete as it can get for JDM ecu's now.

Officially or unofficialy at over 300,000 views this DIY thread has more views than any DIY thread in the SC section. So thanks for the support and keep modding!! always remember, a turbo car needs a turbo ecu.

It seems like there are always a few members and even more guests (not logged in / not registered yet) reading the thread at any given time, surprises me sometimes when I come in here and the bar at the bottom says 4 members and 12 guests etc... reading the thread. amazing stuff.

I might see if I can consolidate some of the info on the first page, but I feel like anything I cut out is information lost so its kind of tough but will see if I can clean it up some.

Thanks again everyone!!
The following users liked this post:
Kris9884 (02-24-22)
Old 08-25-15, 09:11 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Not many people have something so valuable to offer that they make a lasting or permanent change on an automotive "scene".
You my friend have done exactly that. My car will be a much better car as a result of your expertise, effort, generosity and assistance. I'm sure there are tons of people driving and loving their car as we speak as a result....

NO....... Thank YOU sir!

The thread seems plenty clean and clear to me. 1-10. If anything, I'd get the main potential issues found later in the thread in one post closer to the front door so people that are intimidated by the sheer size of the thread can see all of the common potential issues and fixes in the first 15 minutes of reading, just after reading the main steps. Right now, people with little experience really need to read through the whole thing which is actually the BEST way, but some people won't have the time.
I have read through a few times and still learning like crazy. This is my favorite thread on the Web....

Perhaps Carfreak will agree to give up his valued #2 post space for further development and a potential issues section.

I am happy to help search them out and list them.

SG

Last edited by Studiogeek; 08-25-15 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-27-15, 05:40 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

She is done!!

First test drive!

We need to cut a bit more fuel tonight.

Snowmanlex should be delivering it to me in NYC tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for the help and support!

Old 08-27-15, 06:29 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!! Sounds healthy, I'm sure it's flooding fuel when transitioning from part throttle to WOT. Mine was in the 9:1 A/F range when I first started tuning the 550's. Once you lean it out that will go away and it will pull like a freight train!
Old 08-27-15, 07:11 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Congrats!! Sounds healthy, I'm sure it's flooding fuel when transitioning from part throttle to WOT. Mine was in the 9:1 A/F range when I first started tuning the 550's. Once you lean it out that will go away and it will pull like a freight train!
THANKS HIPSI !!!

I will report back after tune tonight!
Old 08-28-15, 07:45 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

looks and sounds pretty good (love the tial blow off valve I have the same kind sounds familiar lol).
I can hear that its running too rich in boost, just a couple clicks back on the safc I think the consensus was around -20% or so for the 550's. right now sounds like its washing out the spark so you get all the boost noise but none of the hard pull.

whatever gives you like a 11-12 afr at your max boost. Its can be easier to eyeball adjust that way cause there is no o2 correction in boost so changes on the safc show up there.

if you are looking for changes at idle its harder/impossible to tell whatr is right cause of the o2 sensor is correcting, but you can sort of do it that way if you pull the o2 sensor connector, reset the ecu, and once its full warm dial in an AFR at idle of 13-14 range. this usually gets you pretty close.

once you get the above 2 afr's close to what they should be at boost and idle, then when transitioning into boost you will get like a 12-13 afr which wont slow the turbo down, right now its reading a full 10:1 rich in transition which means its not even in the ballpark and the turbo is struggling to build boost, very normal when installing 550's. good news is you are about to pick up a ton of power.

pretty sure your friend can handle it sounds like he already knew what the problem was. if you went with 440's you wouldn't have that issue but its easy to correct for alot of us are on 550's as well, with the safc it only takes a few minutes to adjust, so should be good to go.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 08-28-15 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-28-15, 12:53 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Had to update post 1, forgot I left out some very vital steps, hope you guys like it.
Old 08-28-15, 03:08 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Had to update post 1, forgot I left out some very vital steps, hope you guys like it.
I guess I missed something around here, damn.
Old 08-28-15, 08:51 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Damn! I'm actually a little saddened by this but I assume you have good reason?

My experience with Lextech wasn't good either. I sent in for a climate LCD display fix with my own provided LCD screen and it was butchered up, and now flickers on one side and has a dead pixel in it . This was awhile back though, prior to all the poor reviews.

Hopefully you get him banned and then the TT ecu mod can live on!
Old 08-30-15, 07:31 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

This is the most important thread on the site for me. I learned a ton from Ali. Great mod, I am really sad to see him go. I really hoped they could work something out.
Old 08-30-15, 09:12 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I decided to put it back up for the members that will use it.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod