SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Any OG's remember the story of this car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 02:07 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any OG's remember the story of this car?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/1644884949.html

For those who don't want to click the link...

I know OLT will - anyone else?

Jonny
Old 03-15-10, 03:19 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Vssc400?

Old 03-15-10, 03:25 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Vssc400?

Nope Whatever happened to him? He was a good guy.

Wrong person, right location though

Jonny
Old 03-15-10, 03:26 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember this. I remember not digging the red so much. Sad to see. Hope he was alright.
Old 03-15-10, 03:27 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the story?
Old 03-15-10, 03:49 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by Dx3
Nope Whatever happened to him? He was a good guy.

Wrong person, right location though

Jonny
Probably before my time on here, then.

So dish! What's the story?
Old 03-15-10, 03:53 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

+1 with the story!
Old 03-15-10, 04:05 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Is it your old car?
Old 03-15-10, 04:40 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn..story time
Old 03-15-10, 04:44 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

let us children gather around and get one of those gramps to tell the story
Old 03-15-10, 05:58 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kaydee
let us children gather around and get one of those gramps to tell the story
LOL - there you go making me feel old

OK kids, your mother and I... Wait, no, that's a different story

So there once was a member named Daizenlex. He was a weasely little character from NY. Whatever he touched turned to failure. Anything his greasy little hands touched immediately fell to pieces.

There was a new grasshopper to Clublexus, who went by the name DX3. He was unaware this shady little character Daizenlex had a reputation around his parts for being a liar, a cheat, and an untrustworthy little boy. So, ignorant as he was, DX3 decided to do a car trade with the shady Daizenlex. DX3 was promised the finest of cars, so he made a 24-hour drive from OK to NY to make the trade. DX3 gave a perfect condition SC400 chariot, lined with the finest of leather, with a new kit for a black on black SC400 that was supposed to be the "bees knees." The deal went down in the dark, on the condition that the following day they meet up and go over any potential issues. Well, Mr. Daizenlex, being the lying little "snake" he was, refused to answer his phone the next day. You know, because the black on black piece of ***** he traded, was in fact a complete piece of "merde." So, after trying to get into contact with the dirty little snake, DX3 was forced to keep the car and drive another 1400 miles home in his new POS that didn't have a working speedometer. Well, it worked until you got to about 45mph and then it got stuck. DX3 was unlucky enough to get a flat tire on his way home, soon realizing the kind-hearted Daizenlex had not provided a lug wrench, or lug key with the car. Surprisingly, Mr. Daizenlex still wasn't answering his phone. DX3 limped the car home 1400 miles, and arrived with an overheated car that had a BHG, a supposedly black interior that was actually spray painted (yes, you read that correctly. No SEMS, straight up spray paint.) So after mechanical issues, cosmetic issues, and severe electrical issues, DX3 was forced to replace his very first motor - the almighty 1UZ.

When Daizenlex finally decided to show his face on Clublexus weeks later, he said he has lost his phone, and then proceeded to claim the the transmission was bad on the car DX3 traded him. Everyone knew he was lying to try and make himself not look so like the pathetic little snake he was, and through some excellent investigative work by some of the local NYC members, Daizenlex finally admitted that the transmission had not blown, and that he had made the story up. His reasoning was that he had fallen upon hard times

Not happy enough with his ruined reputation, Daizenlex soon appeared back on the forums asking everyone, on a public thread, if they would send him receipts of all their mod work as he had gotten in a wreck and wanted to make fraulent claims to the insurance company by saying his car had all these modifications . Yes, Mr. Daizenlex was not the smartest cookie.

Along the way, DX3 had made some very good friends who helped him get the car into the shape it should have been in to begin with. Those favors were never forgotten. The motor was replaced, the interior was fixed, and several wiring harnesses were swapped out. The car was finally road-worthy and was put up for sale

I could go on all day about the lies that ensued, but I think I have made my point. Young grasshopper DX3 learned from his mistakes, and realized that the brotherhood on Clublexus was not to be trusted.

So about 7 years later, the more experienced, wiser DX3 stumbled upon an ad on Craigslist for a hideously transformed SC400 for sale. He looked at the picture, and lo and behold he saw hideousness that could only have been created by one person - the infamous Mr. Daizenlex. DX3 chuckled, remembering the journey he had taken. So, he signed back on to Clublexus to warn everyone of 2 important things.

1. Just because someone has a lot of posts on a forum, does not mean they should be respected and trusted. Respect is earned, not given with time or post-count.

2. Spray paint, particulary red spray paint, has no place on a Lexus.

I don't know what happened to that terrible little person Daizenlex, although one can only hope karma went knocking on his door.

That, my friends, is the story of the infamous Daizenlex.

Jonny
aka the wiser, more experienced grasshopper
Old 03-15-10, 06:03 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Is there a sequel?
Old 03-15-10, 06:03 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

wow what a story
Old 03-15-10, 06:06 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Let's make a movie.
Old 03-15-10, 06:10 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow just wow. What a story.

Quick Reply: Any OG's remember the story of this car?