SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Formal photoshoot of the ride with my pops....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 04:23 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Man, your ride really sticks out! I dont really care for the tails but other than that, its a super clean car man! I hope you like it
Thank you Carfreak70 I hope the car sticks out in a good way....haha I definitely love the way it looks now with these wheels no doubt. Understandable on the tails, maybe a change when I get around to them again.

Originally Posted by matrixgts
when you find that big win lip let me know i need one also.car looks good,i'm doing the black and white set up also
I know where to get it (Carson Toyota or go to l-tunedparts.com sells it) but I'm trying to come up with the money to buy it after i'm done with other parts of the car (really now just the brakes). It's alot of money for just a lip but there is not much else that can be done for now so I may have to bite the bullet and get it from them sometime this year hopefully.

Originally Posted by BLK13X
The only things I'd nitpick would be the tails and it'd look even better with a fatter lip on the rears. Other then that, it looks great
I appreciate the comments BLK13X I didn't want to hack up my fenders to fit any rims so the size in the rear was of my choosing. If I was going to repaint the whole car I most likely would have gone with a bigger lip in the rear too but I'm pleased

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
You probably have the only SC on here that actually looks amazing with those tail lights!!! I love the wheels and beefy tires in theback aswell. Keep it up and keep it clean just like it is!
Haha....I would like to think I am one of the few or only ones that do make these tailights look amazing....haha. Thanks for the love 97-SC300 When John told me it was going to be a 285 in the rear I was pretty surprised it would even fit without any fender modification but it came out great.

I definitely plan on keeping it clean with a few more goodies on the way. Your ride is actually one of the cars I get inspired by just because its so clean and you make the 97+ body look immaculate in all the pics i've seen.

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I agree with everyone else on here. Looks great and very good pictures. If I could only figure out how to post such big pictures like this on here also. Overall, looks good. Now just send me some of that nice weather my way.
Gracias 1992Lexus If you need help with posting pics to this size just let me know. It's very easy actually. When you take pics just make sure that they are in the large size setting. Open microsoft paint and when you open the picture from your camera it should be huge. All you need to do is click on image, then click on stretch/skew. When you get to this page it will show you the horizontal and vertical for the picture set at 100%. Change both of them the first time to 50% and then repeat the process again, this time changing both of them to 60% and you will get this exact size for your pics.

Hope I could be of some help and I will try to send some of that FL sunshine your way

Originally Posted by Dx3
My exact thoughts

Jonny
Thanks Dx3 Really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
nice car..very clean! but yes..ill have to agree with the tail-lights..not my cup of tea..but overall nice shots!
Appreciate the comments pnyboy27 I understand the tails are not for everyone.....haha. Glad you liked the shots.

By the way you were one of my inspirations as well for your carputer setup. I wanted mine to look as clean as yours does. Job well done man
Old 03-16-10, 04:30 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks super clean!! You just need that front lip and you'll be set!!
Old 03-16-10, 09:27 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Car looks super clean!! You just need that front lip and you'll be set!!
Thanks Wicked Just trying to hang with all the great looking SC's here in Florida, especially yours. Man I want that front lip so bad but I guess patience is a virtue
Old 03-17-10, 01:03 AM
the3rd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the wheels they really set the car off .
Old 03-17-10, 01:59 PM
BrownGuy
Rookie

Really nice ride man. I am also reppin Orlando. Do you know of any meets here for sc3/4s?
Old 03-17-10, 03:00 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by the3rd
Love the wheels they really set the car off .
Thanks for the love the3rd As soon as John sent me a link to these rims I new I had to have them. For me they go perfectly with my black/white theme for the exterior of the car.

Originally Posted by BrownGuy
Really nice ride man. I am also reppin Orlando. Do you know of any meets here for sc3/4s?

Thank you for the comments BrownGuy Unfortunately Orlando is weird since not any of the Lexus crew ever want to meet up at all. I go to school in Tampa where we have a meet every wednesday which is nice to see everyone and catch up on what we are all doing.

Check the Florida section of CL for any upcoming events around the Orlando/Tampa area and hopefully you can come out to one of them and meet the rest of us.
Old 03-18-10, 04:18 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Appreciate the comments pnyboy27 I understand the tails are not for everyone.....haha. Glad you liked the shots.

By the way you were one of my inspirations as well for your carputer setup. I wanted mine to look as clean as yours does. Job well done man
thanks prs22! im glad to hear that i was an inspiration! i see a small pic of urs in ur signature..do u have a thread on that? id like to see how urs turned out!
Old 03-18-10, 06:20 PM
BrownGuy
Rookie

Thanks! Ill be sure too. There are a small handful of guys that i know that also have SCs. Ill be sure to pass the word along to them!
Old 03-18-10, 08:14 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

thanks prs22! im glad to hear that i was an inspiration! i see a small pic of urs in ur signature..do u have a thread on that? id like to see how urs turned out!
Actually yes I do have further information on it in the link under my signature. It's basically my build thread for the car. I recently uploaded the new setup I have in the car running centrafuse 3.0 on the last page. A few pages towards the end you can see how I actually put the carputer together last summer. I highly recommend getting centrafuse. Its by far the best system for the carputer on the planet

I also wanted to ask you what setup are you currently running at the time? Always curious to know what a fellow carputer guy has....haha.

Originally Posted by BrownGuy
Thanks! Ill be sure too. There are a small handful of guys that i know that also have SCs. Ill be sure to pass the word along to them!
Glad to hear you know some more SCs in the orlando area. I have not really got the chance to actually meet with anyone but I have seen a few driving around. Definitely pass the word and hope to see you at one of these meets sometime in the future
Old 03-19-10, 06:07 AM
platano47
Driver

thank god my pops does'nt know how to drive stick....but he used to drive motorcycles, hmmmm....weird!
Old 03-19-10, 04:51 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Actually yes I do have further information on it in the link under my signature. It's basically my build thread for the car. I recently uploaded the new setup I have in the car running centrafuse 3.0 on the last page. A few pages towards the end you can see how I actually put the carputer together last summer. I highly recommend getting centrafuse. Its by far the best system for the carputer on the planet

I also wanted to ask you what setup are you currently running at the time? Always curious to know what a fellow carputer guy has....haha.
thats not a bad system! i actually kind of like it. right now, i am running road runner as the front end. its been a while since i really messed with my system, but i was interested in that centrafuse 3.0. it looks like its really easy to play around with and integrates very well.

whats the specs on your carpc? i like ur setup as well..its pretty clean
Old 03-19-10, 05:23 PM
joeazy187
Pole Position

your car is really coming long great and if you like your taillights thats all that matters. I bought the same taillights and realized I didnt like them once installed but after I smoked them out I was happy
Old 03-19-10, 11:15 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by platano47
thank god my pops does'nt know how to drive stick....but he used to drive motorcycles, hmmmm....weird!
Hmmm....that is a bit odd Weird indeed.

thats not a bad system! i actually kind of like it. right now, i am running road runner as the front end. its been a while since i really messed with my system, but i was interested in that centrafuse 3.0. it looks like its really easy to play around with and integrates very well.

whats the specs on your carpc? i like ur setup as well..its pretty clean
Yea I think by far if you haven't updated your front end in awhile this would be the way to go and whenever they have new system updates they will email you to download the latest plug ins.

My carpc is epia M10000 motherboard with an opus power supply and xenarc 7" touchscreen. I wish I had a faster motherboard but its actually not slow really. I'm also running a version of Windows embedded that just has very basic functions and then just installed centrafuse and thats basically it.

Overall I'm happy with the way it all went into the car. Everyone thinks it came stock so I get a good laugh at it Thanks for the comments on it!!

Originally Posted by joeazy187
your car is really coming long great and if you like your taillights thats all that matters. I bought the same taillights and realized I didnt like them once installed but after I smoked them out I was happy

Thank you joeazy187 Yea they car is coming along just how I have always envisioned it to be....if not even better. At first I was the same way and after I put the tails on the car I felt they popped a little too much. After adding the vinyl to them I like them 100x more.

At the end of the day I'm fine with everyone's opinions on them, but they suit me just fine and if I have the money one day I may change it up sometime down the road.
Old 03-20-10, 11:44 AM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Beautiful car!

Off topic but do you know the story on the building in the background? I havent been by in a while be it seemed like they just stopped building it? I know it blinds the **** out of you when the sun is going down though!
Old 03-21-10, 10:56 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zhillz
Beautiful car!

Off topic but do you know the story on the building in the background? I havent been by in a while be it seemed like they just stopped building it? I know it blinds the **** out of you when the sun is going down though!
Thank you zhillz from what my parents and gf tell me it was supposed to be a building for some christian organization and when the economy went south the money coming in just stopped, hence the building may never be done.

I know what you mean about that building blinding you. Since it is all glass its pretty intense....haha.

Quick Reply: Formal photoshoot of the ride with my pops....