SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 03:38 AM
acacg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempock
Those black rims look great. Are they 18s?
19x8.5 and x9.5
Old 01-23-17, 03:39 PM
Bryansc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cross drilled rotor info

Originally Posted by MidnightR
Here is my 1994 SC400 Black with Tan interior. I have added those ebay headlights, daytime, and taillights but the ones with the tinted clear and red split on it. I have also lowered it with Eibach springs and added crossdrilled rotors all around. I added a roof mount antenna and put the Visual Garage Shark Fin on it. I have a set of 17"x7 Advanti Racing wheels on it right now and I use my Supra rims on snows for winter. By the way the Supra is my summer ride and the SC is my daily.

Ok I am about to ruin your fast and furious crossed drilled and slotted brake myth once and for all! sorry for the haters but look at my logic and you will find it makes sense.
In the 50-60s brake pad compound was in its infancy so when they got hot in racing they created or released gasses that would prevent the system from working properly, a remedy to that was to slot or cross drill the rotor to let the gasses escape tada! that's where it came from
the 2017 compound that makes our brakes are now much much improved nobody needs those holes or groove because there are no gasses produced bottom line.
for now though those who think its an improvement are sadly mistaking myth vs reality
1st; when is last time you saw an F1 or Nascar running carbon brakes of a diam of like 19 ff****ing inches have holes in them Lmfao
the only real improvement you're going to get are vented discs that do wonders to cool the brake system. the holes ok here it is science says more of that heat dissipation material called steel the more heat dissipation there will be = fact. Errr why then putting a Swiss cheese disc would help dissipate heat and keep cooler --- Wrrrrong the opposite effect less cooling material (called metal) less cooling capacity and that's the end of it. And now for the grove guys well sorry it had the same effect in the 50s which was great but now those groves are irrelevant for gasses dissipation therefore you are grinding or chewing those expensive pads for what? also less metal less dissipation.
it may look cool and before I research into it I had them on my 93 del sol yep am guilty to.
Plz now pass on this info to stop the myth and stop wasting mad amount of money because Brembo says its cool its not its uncool (btw you think Brembo don't know this. disc with holes sells better so holes it is)

btw I know its the wrong thread sorry for hijacking
feel free to relocate this post
Old 01-24-17, 01:17 AM
leaderpvp
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryansc400
Ok I am about to ruin your fast and furious crossed drilled and slotted brake myth once and for all! sorry for the haters but look at my logic and you will find it makes sense.
In the 50-60s brake pad compound was in its infancy so when they got hot in racing they created or released gasses that would prevent the system from working properly, a remedy to that was to slot or cross drill the rotor to let the gasses escape tada! that's where it came from
the 2017 compound that makes our brakes are now much much improved nobody needs those holes or groove because there are no gasses produced bottom line.
for now though those who think its an improvement are sadly mistaking myth vs reality
1st; when is last time you saw an F1 or Nascar running carbon brakes of a diam of like 19 ff****ing inches have holes in them Lmfao
the only real improvement you're going to get are vented discs that do wonders to cool the brake system. the holes ok here it is science says more of that heat dissipation material called steel the more heat dissipation there will be = fact. Errr why then putting a Swiss cheese disc would help dissipate heat and keep cooler --- Wrrrrong the opposite effect less cooling material (called metal) less cooling capacity and that's the end of it. And now for the grove guys well sorry it had the same effect in the 50s which was great but now those groves are irrelevant for gasses dissipation therefore you are grinding or chewing those expensive pads for what? also less metal less dissipation.
it may look cool and before I research into it I had them on my 93 del sol yep am guilty to.
Plz now pass on this info to stop the myth and stop wasting mad amount of money because Brembo says its cool its not its uncool (btw you think Brembo don't know this. disc with holes sells better so holes it is)

btw I know its the wrong thread sorry for hijacking
feel free to relocate this post
Just some fix, the compound released gases which stay between pad and rotor which prevented the braking properly, then they made drilled rotors.
Later on under heat the top level compound of the pad became poor, then they made the slotted rotors to clean this layer of poor compound.
And i fully agree that nowadays it is not relevant to the brakes, however i use drilled + slotted for beauty and yeah, i sacrifice my pads (~30% faster worn due to slots) for beauty.
Old 01-30-17, 11:47 AM
Blackmeen
Rookie

1991 soarer
Old 02-03-17, 07:23 PM
Skeech
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here I am, smack in the middle of a water pump/timing belt/tensioner and pulleys changeout. It's looking like the timing cover was replaced sloppily, and didn't seal. Some drips from the power steering leak suffered by the last owner. Also, was apparently rubbing against the belt which wore it down also.

Last edited by Skeech; 02-03-17 at 07:24 PM. Reason: remove last sentence
Old 02-05-17, 10:56 PM
Sylexus
Driver

This was from a few weeks ago, she hasn't really been moved. I am in between jobs right now, and she's having alternator issues, and has a flat tire. Hopefully things will turn around soon so I can finally show her love.

I went down to TX for a few months, drove her down and back, she took it like a champ even with 213k miles. I did blow a tire in the middle of nowhere in OK on the way back up to MN at 4AM. Once I stopped driving her daily, she got mad and started having alternator issues.

Last edited by Sylexus; 02-05-17 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-23-17, 06:26 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by ThomasGS4:
97-SC300 (02-23-17), Ezroni (02-23-17), Kira X (05-30-17)
Old 02-24-17, 10:44 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i let the side chicks out to hang out with the main. yall already know my main, the daily, here's the weeknd and the projekt
Attached Thumbnails ***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***-daily_weeknd_projekt.jpg  
Old 02-25-17, 11:58 AM
1SLKYRDE
Driver School Candidate

Default Just got her!!

My new baby!!
Attached Thumbnails ***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***-imag1692.jpg   ***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***-imag1693.jpg  
Old 02-26-17, 08:03 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
aswang (02-27-17), Ezroni (03-07-17)
Old 02-27-17, 11:49 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackmeen
1991 soarer

nice man.. do you have any more pics?
Old 02-27-17, 07:31 PM
KevinSc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So many beautiful cars in this thread there is something about a big 2 door car that is just so pleasing to the eye
hopefully I can get a hold of some wheels and coilovers soon so I can enjoy the beauty of this car
Old 02-28-17, 01:09 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Shes currently under the Knife for a 1,000hp build

Old 02-28-17, 08:13 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

^^Very nice!^^

Could you share a pic of your motor? =)
Old 02-28-17, 08:31 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aswang
^^Very nice!^^

Could you share a pic of your motor? =)
Soon... Based on the specs on your sig my setup is very similar, but I may switch to a bw s369sxe. Current setup is 2jzgte SP Race Head,10.1 comp bottom,Titan Billet mains,s366sxe,BoostLogic Manifold,Doc Racing intake,GSC1 cams,AEM infinity 6,Bosch 2200cc,Dual walbro 450's,Getrag 6spd,CM FX850 Twin Disk,3.1 rear w/ OS Giken 1.5way LSD.

Last edited by S14eva1; 02-28-17 at 08:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
aswang (02-28-17)

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL: POST a Pic of your ride - RIGHT NOW! SC Style***