SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: how much would you pay for this car now, and how much if it was awd
15-20k as is
75.41%
20-25k as is
13.11%
25k-35k as is
9.84%
35k-45k awd
11.48%
45k-65k-awd
6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

sc300 1jz twin greddy widebody,the TRUE first vertex ridge widebody in the USA

Old 12-18-09, 02:34 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc300 1jz twin greddy widebody,the TRUE first vertex ridge widebody in the USA

I HAVE THE AWD CONVERSION TRANS, AND HARDWARE FOR THIS CAR, TO MAKE IT AWD. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I SHOULD, IF ITS WORTH MY TIME, MONEY, AND MONEY LOL. SO PLZ ANSWER THE POLL ABOVE. its multiple choice so you can chose more than one answer.

when i say the conversion, i mean all the shafts, front diff w, trans, pretty much all ill need is the clutch, and to fabb the adapter plate. but id like to really know if i should waste my time with it. especailly bc i want to build an sc430 so bad now. if you guys really would want to see an awd sc, or better yet buy it lol. lemme know.

i purchased the kit back in 2005, the first one ever. i just had time to finish the car, so i wanted to post and make a thread , it shows the build, all the way up till now. took my time with it as i have a lot of other things going on, and other cars. but since kenny and the rest of my sc family are on my *** about posting this lol. i will.

enjoy, its been a long hard road. this is how its done (the hard way, lol)
all work done by me, except the downpipes, done by majestic motorsports (awesome guys "whats up rich!")

anywho. here you go.

ADDED NEW RED INTERIOR PICS PAGE 1!

i must apologize in advance for the pics, as they were taken with a crappy camera phone .This is my sc300, its originally a 5 speed, in black, with tan interior. i bought it hit in the quarter panel and passenger door. it has come a long way since then, almost home. i built it to look pretty on the outside, but not pretty under the hood, just to have power under the hood, **** pretty lol. just wanted to give you a preview before i pull it out. just finally finished the bodywork and paint.

Pics are in time line from what it was, to what it is now.

Mods are as follows:

Exterior

THE FIRST VERTEX RIDGE WIDEBODY KIT ON US SOIL (had since early 06 from Ueno himself) thanks to speed alliance. molded qtr panels

B&N vented hood

Vertex carbon fiber trunk and stock spoiler

jdm grey headlights

jdm grey supra style tail lights (still debating lol)

clear side markers

jdm side mirror covers with led sidemarkers (molded)

Interior: all tan interior removed and redone in black, replaced front seats with dark red honda s2000 seats, alpine headunit, new black door panels, and all wood red now. 2001 is300 steering wheel.

Exhaust: JDM Do-Luck dual stainless steel 3.5 inch exhaust , full race cat, on 4 inch section of pipe.

Brakes: supra tt all around with brembo rotors and pads, rotors painted in candy burgundy to match the soarer emblems (griffons)
(edit) fronts removed and replaced with trd big brake kit)

Suspension: Zeal Endless new full suspension system (very rare)

Greddy strut brace, do luck under braces, trd supra tt sway bars. all new poly race bushings.

Engine & Turbo system: 1jzgte motor from a soarer, hks mls headgasket, arp studs, bolts etc. all new gaskets, seals, and rings.

hks 272 cams

Greddy twin td05-18g (brand new) twin turbo kit, custom downpipes, with greddy wastegate.

HDI fmic kit thru the battery location

hks ssqv bov

Apex-i Power FC (ap engineering) ECU, with commander, and boost control kit, 3 bar gm calibrated map sensor.

dual supra tt fuel pumps w second braided fuel line.

intake plenum put on (then removed, piece of crap lol)

850cc injectors.

ROLLERS: 19x9.5 19x10.5 rear volk sf challenge wheels, color matched, powder coated.

Paint. elanor pepper grey metallic

Misc: 5 speed short shifter. battery relocated to the trunk, kicker comp 10" subs in box, kicker comp amp, digital capacitor. and still looking for a deck lol.

now this is a story and time line from 05 till now, so you will see the single kit td-06 i had on my ge motor before i did the motorswap, yes it was jdm one off custom also.

Last edited by $hogunn; 12-19-09 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-18-09, 02:35 PM
$hogunn
Driver

in the beginning, in mass. 92, 5 speed, 66k miles on the motor, with very minimal damage

Old 12-18-09, 02:37 PM
$hogunn
Driver

putting on the single jdm greddy na-t, which i sold within 6 months, it was a very nice kit, it is now on a bad *** gs300 in colorado.

Old 12-18-09, 02:37 PM
$hogunn
Driver

how i never took pics of the motor before breaking it down i dont know. i had to look on 3 diff computers since this has been an ongoing build between my ol deploy missions back in 04 till now. turbos, headers and motor after jet coating and raw polishing and painting the block and motor.

Old 12-18-09, 02:39 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Old 12-18-09, 02:41 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Default power fc, extending harness, sump conversion, engine install and prep

realized that the front sump would not let the motor seat, so used the ge rear sump. also some pics of the wiring with the power fc

wiring harness (soarer 1jz)

rear sump to front sump

trd mounts

engine final prep

Old 12-18-09, 02:43 PM
$hogunn
Driver

getting it in, back in 06 winter

notice the tt brakes and brembo above. the prep work pics are posted as well.

zeal new in box from japan, then on car

Old 12-18-09, 02:44 PM
$hogunn
Driver

the oil feed an drain lines were shortened later, as well as the downpipes fabbed and welded, will show when i deliver the final photos.

here are the brakes, just wire brushed, light polished, then sprayed with anodizing paint, came out beautiful. finished with high temp clear.

Old 12-18-09, 02:44 PM
$hogunn
Driver

this is the gutting of the tan interior, which i dyed myself all black, when i say gutting, i mean every piece of the interior was removed, even the headliner. all that was left was an assembly line shell. i did lots of rewiring of the dash and running the lines for the audio. notice the white door, as i replaced the old one, ended up swapping out for a new black door, its all the same.

notice the power fc commander on the floor, and the book to program it lol, its a ****in pain, especially when upgrading injectors.

custom instrument panel, candy painted maroon, with molded s2k engine start button

Old 12-18-09, 02:45 PM
$hogunn
Driver

bodywork ended up having to be redone, as the qtr panel lines to the door didnt line up exactly, and im **** so it had to be redone. so u know it was before paint. also the trunk was redone as well.

i did have everything primed even the carbon trunk, im not big on the raw carbon look.

Old 12-18-09, 02:45 PM
$hogunn
Driver

all bodywork was redone. touched up, fenders, 2k primer, re blocking. pics are of car after 2 days of drying, still waiting for hard cure to start wet sanding, decking and buffing.

color is elanor pepper grey metallic, its actually a dupont color, but to go on the record, its comes up as a honda color! now mind you ive never seen a stock honda with this deep of a metallic paint in an almost pearl black, but i havent seen it all.

i didnt do the racing stripes, but im still considering lol, i will be building an real elanor 67 stang soon, i just have to find a good fastback core.

i have a skyline tranmission and diff, that i was going to make my soarer awd with , but im going to sell, so look out for it on the forums, for all u guys who want an awd supra or sc.

lights are all a mock up, nothing is bolted in but the grille

the jury in my mind is still out on the tail lights, but they match the paint perfectly in person.

Old 12-18-09, 02:46 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Old 12-18-09, 02:47 PM
$hogunn
Driver

pics of my soarer griffons that match my brakes and rotors, and pics of my just unboxed wheels volk, sf challege, in h5 pepper grey metallic (elanor) widebody depth, 19x9.5 -3 up front, 19x10.5 -9 in back. in case you are wondering, you cant use uenos specs for wheel offset, because he had a custom, expanded steering rack and radius from an ls400.....i hope i dont need spacers, if i do, **** it lol, i want them to sit flush. also the wheels include paint matched wheel lugs, and polished valve stems, getting rubber tomorrow!

Last edited by $hogunn; 12-18-09 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-18-09, 02:49 PM
$hogunn
Driver

new interior pics, ill also 2 tone the the handle on the door panel, to match the middle armrest, didnt get around to it today, will tomorrow tho, its coming together great. redid the center console to match the seats instead of the candy woodgrain, brought it all together since im not going to do any red on the dash, keeping it all black. yes everything is dusty, dirty lol, its no biggie, even got a splash while wetsanding my car today lol, but before going in it will be all cleaned off, trust me.

JDM DO-LUCK 3" stainless exhaust
Old 12-18-09, 02:51 PM
$hogunn
Driver

yes its dusty, and the suspension is high, this was before i lowered it

also, no way did i keep the shift boot that half n half color. went all black, brand new.

Originally Posted by Kruso
Vertex has one of the better body kits out there and the best I've seen as of yet on a SC. The initial pics of the car were very disheartening but this thing has come a long way! Camera phone FTW but I definitely would like to see some cleaner higher res pics of the SC.

Kruso
yeah it felt good to be the first one in the us with one! its funny because its been on the car for a while, but took a while to get it perfect and get it painted, between old missions and all the other cars i have, but this was definetly a fun build, the guys at speed alliance are great. and if you ever get the chance to meet Ueno, hes super **** about quality. you will only get the best from him!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sc300 1jz twin greddy widebody,the TRUE first vertex ridge widebody in the USA