SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: how much would you pay for this car now, and how much if it was awd
15-20k as is
75.41%
20-25k as is
13.11%
25k-35k as is
9.84%
35k-45k awd
11.48%
45k-65k-awd
6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

sc300 1jz twin greddy widebody,the TRUE first vertex ridge widebody in the USA

Old 12-21-09, 08:49 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by $hogunn
hey you! scott never got back to me about that carpc, man i need that so i can be done lol.
Sorry Dude, Been busy as heck, I will put some info and pics together. Still have it so we need to close the deal.
Old 12-21-09, 09:21 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

mild modifying the poll so it doesnt start at 15k

i saw your "discussions" on SF. need some better pictures. it doesnt do it justice. the car has to go way lower too.
Old 12-21-09, 11:31 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who would ever wanna put an awd in their sc?
I am so curious, can we do poll on that please
Old 12-21-09, 11:47 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Siiick build, cant wait to see more pics.
Old 12-22-09, 08:11 AM
attzor
Lead Lap

There already is an AWD SC, and if you did convert it, I still can't see you getting more than 20k for it. These cars aren't desirable enough to fetch 25+k, no matter how nice they are.
Old 12-22-09, 08:44 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by attzor
There already is an AWD SC, and if you did convert it, I still can't see you getting more than 20k for it. These cars aren't desirable enough to fetch 25+k, no matter how nice they are.
i fi remember correctly chris threadgill's sc sold for over 27k on ebay, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgMo7q4EWOo, but you can correct me if im wrong... but i want to see more of this car and its owners very overweight bank account

Last edited by Papajorgio; 12-22-09 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-22-09, 09:17 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sueno2jz
i fi remember correctly chris threadgill's sc sold for over 27k on ebay, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgMo7q4EWOo, but you can correct me if im wrong... but i want to see more of this car and its owners very overweight bank account
yea.. buy..how long ago was that when it sold... i remember only 4 years ago a sc300 wouldnt go under $6000~ no matter how broken or messed up it was. anything that was 97+ was $7000-$12000~ now you see them sell for $4000..

I think he means now a days no one will pay 25k for a sc300 no matter what you mod into it.. which i believe is true. most people have problems selling used cars for $10k now even tho there is like $40-50k under the hood. My toyota mr2 widebody, 400-450hp. i sold it for under 10k. I had 25-30k invested in it 2 years ago, but my integra widebody 300hp sold for $18k 6 years ago! Its how modding cars work as new models come out as time goes by we lose value but we dump more money into them.

example: go to my.is and look at mikefate's car its in my opinion one of the best IS300 600+hp in the world with a HKS D1 Aero.. but its been over a year and hasnt sold for $26k and he has $40k in it or more!

not to also burst the builders bubble.. but my X-vertex ridge sc300 was alot cleaner than this one (opinion) and i picked it up for under 20k with a 6sp 2jzgte swapped.. so if you plan to build this plan to keep it and enjoy it for life!!. you wont get 1/4 of your money back if u sell it.

Last edited by eliteskill; 12-22-09 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-22-09, 09:55 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

$15-18k max. Like elite I've seen some SC's better executed than this one for about $15-18k, and they had more than this car had. Remember it's not a 69 Mustang - it's a late 90's semi-luxury coupe. Even with 60k in mods it won't sell for 1/2 that. unfortunately our SC's aren't some rare exotic breed of animal - they're Toyota rebadges. Even a Supra with this much mods would fetch more simply because you don't find that many available compared to SC's.

As someone who works on their own car (though not to this extent, I don't have that kind of time LOL) I can appreciate the amount of time and effort put into this car. There's just a few things that personally make me not too fond of the final outcome... the wheel fitment could be a lot better (with a fat kit like that you gotta go 19's minimum, no chunky tire setup), the taillights scream Ebay and the interior reminds me of a late 90's yellow Civic of some sort. Though I love the engine (is it in? didn't see pics installed) and the big brakes (minus the candy) And I've seen genuine Vertex widebody kits on local SC's a long time ago. Otherwise, nice job. Just not my flavor.

...Oh and I'll take my halo's over those taillights =D
Old 12-23-09, 07:16 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice build, where in NC are you from?
Old 12-24-09, 12:41 PM
$hogunn
Driver

thanks alot, i think awd in this car would give it great balance. there are some overseas, but none here in the states yet that i know of. its so damn cold here now im waiting for it to warm up so i can really clean it and wax it. ill get some up soon, just waiting for a 75 degree day, should be any day now, this is nc lol.
Old 12-24-09, 12:47 PM
$hogunn
Driver

just waiting for the warm weather. pics will be on deck!

anyone would love awd in any car lol.

my car is worth 40k in a partout.

send those pics scott!

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
mild modifying the poll so it doesnt start at 15k

i saw your "discussions" on SF. need some better pictures. it doesnt do it justice. the car has to go way lower too.
Originally Posted by Avarec
who would ever wanna put an awd in their sc?
I am so curious, can we do poll on that please
Originally Posted by sueno2jz
Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Sorry Dude, Been busy as heck, I will put some info and pics together. Still have it so we need to close the deal.
Old 12-24-09, 01:02 PM
$hogunn
Driver

man please lol. first, the car in its completion is what price is based upon. if it was just a regular sc300 with a ridge kit, all show no go, then yeah id see what you are saying. the car was built to drive, hard, period. i have a 6 speed supra, nothing is special about it at all, just more shifting. if i wanted to drag race this car, then yea 6 would be betta, but 5 gears for hard driving is optimal. im not angry or anything, but you are not busting any bubbles here. the kit is the kit. so cleaner is a matter of opinion. id beg to differ that my bodywork is cleaner than about any ive ever seen. period. i still have the stock hood, so thats a change up when i feel like it. i havent advertised it for sale at all. so wtf, i was just asking for my own person knowledge.

so you need to post a link to your x ridge sc300, i have to see this lol.
because if it was a single 2jz (yawn), black (yawn) white (double yawn lol) i mean everyone does the same thing all the time. i have twin blitzs on my supra, twin greddys on my lex, im a guy that belives in going hard or go the hell home lol

also, me and kenny did a low ball part-out estimate the other day, on the individual breakdown. and parts were well over 45k, and none of that is taking into account all the labor, wiring, and whatnot. so no way would i sell this car for less than id say 32k period. as it is!

i agree with you the market has changed a lot, and things are getting real cheap now, esp with the economy the way it is. but that doesent mean you have to get ****ed out of your money.

also, and is300 is a clown car, its too damn small for most guys, thats why chicks drive them. i love em, but wont ever own one.

Originally Posted by eliteskill
not to also burst the builders bubble.. but my X-vertex ridge sc300 was alot cleaner than this one (opinion) and i picked it up for under 20k with a 6sp 2jzgte swapped.. so if you plan to build this plan to keep it and enjoy it for life!!. you wont get 1/4 of your money back if u sell it.
Old 12-24-09, 01:14 PM
$hogunn
Driver

ok so what MORE did they have. im just wondering, really. and better executed? also i own a supra with about the same mods, a bit more. you say you work on them, but not to this extent bc you dont have that much time. wtf. u dont need time, u need money, you can have all the time n the world, but no parts no car.

apparently you havent read the wheel specs. they are 19s! the fronts are on skinny tires. the rears are on fat tires, but only temporarily. the rear tires will be going on my supra, but i had to mount something on them to mobilize the car, so instead ill just swap them out when it comes back from jville. so the car will be ultra low, on skinnys, and they are 19s, this is not the final outcome by far. just so ya know lol

a civic? lol.

and youve seen local vertex ridge kits a long time ago...? really, bc i have the first kit ever. and nobody had one on that crate back in 06 but me. there have been a few sold since then, but not many genuine kits. so youre probably seeing a bunch of knockoff kits to be honest. and even then, i dont think there are alot of these in the usa. i mean on cl there are only like 4 or 5 if that ever. so if its so common, i must need to get out more. im web surfing like crazy trying to find all these widebody ridge scs lol.

its all cool tho. i mean everyone has an opinion. i just think to have the right to voice it, you need to be on the same level. or capable of it lol.

the car vault is sc300tt, supra mkiv tt, mercedes clk, bmw 3series, 70 duster (w srt 10 swap coming along fine) and a few other toys. no im not some silver spoon rich kid either. i earned and worked for all of mine. did all my work myself on all my cars. besides welding and cpu tuning.

im off to go buy a compound bow, i need a new one, and its about that time. lataz!

Originally Posted by raine
$15-18k max. Like elite I've seen some SC's better executed than this one for about $15-18k, and they had more than this car had. Remember it's not a 69 Mustang - it's a late 90's semi-luxury coupe. Even with 60k in mods it won't sell for 1/2 that. unfortunately our SC's aren't some rare exotic breed of animal - they're Toyota rebadges. Even a Supra with this much mods would fetch more simply because you don't find that many available compared to SC's.

As someone who works on their own car (though not to this extent, I don't have that kind of time LOL) I can appreciate the amount of time and effort put into this car. There's just a few things that personally make me not too fond of the final outcome... the wheel fitment could be a lot better (with a fat kit like that you gotta go 19's minimum, no chunky tire setup), the taillights scream Ebay and the interior reminds me of a late 90's yellow Civic of some sort. Though I love the engine (is it in? didn't see pics installed) and the big brakes (minus the candy) And I've seen genuine Vertex widebody kits on local SC's a long time ago. Otherwise, nice job. Just not my flavor.

...Oh and I'll take my halo's over those taillights =D
Old 12-24-09, 04:24 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im loving this. you present your car and try to pitch what YOU think its worth. people tell you that its not worth that much. you start getting defensive, say people have their own opinions, but are wrong to judge your car, and then go ahead to present your collection of cars as the background to justify your opinions because if you can show you have a bunch of bada** cars then people will automatically agree with what you have to say.

there is no way in hell there is 45K even at retail value in that car. i dont care if you want to prove me wrong, but if you do then props and id be more then glad to apologize, but please, make a list of mods with a fair market value if you were going to part it all out

you dont have a super car and with all those modifications you reduced the interested market share of people by at least 1/2. dont bother selling the car; just finish it to your liking and drive it.

btw what is your gameplan for executing the awd conversion. in other words, how are you planning to do it? what are you going to make? what do you need to buy? i have a pretty good idea of it. do you?
Old 12-24-09, 06:15 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Smile

no, im fine with you voting in the poll, and saying its 18k as is, which i understand , since its not done lol. but if you come on here saying you have had or seen better, then show me plz. it sound like hate to me. im just saying.

and no, if i didnt want the opinion, then i wouldnt post the poll. but like i said b4, if you have some real real critisim, you betta have the cars and builds to justify your opinion, especially if its some stuff like i had better, lol. it kills me that ppl that cant build, not buy, i mean build, design, and put a car together, have the nerve to talk about someone elses in a negative manner. any rich ******* can drop his car off to sp engineering, and run a 60k bill, get it back, and it be clean. but its hard to do it yourself. your own blood, cuts, scrapes, and frustrations. thats what its about to me, the principle.

and if i went thru all the cars ive had in my life. and the ones i built, i would be here all day, not mentioning street bikes.

i dont say all of the cars i own to make ppl agree. im saying that i did this for fun, and just that, and trust me when i tell you, its fun, fun as hell to drive. the car will look more like my originally intended design soon, so just wait till its done to kill it with critique lol.

the list of mods is on the first page. there are more mods i have not listed, bc they are petty lol, but as far as money, they cost. if youve ever seen a supra part out, youde know that the parts are hella, you may find a cheaper project car, and i could slap a roll cage in it, but im not with the full race internal look.

yeah i know i reduced the market lol. i have way too many damn cars tho, and im tired of a few of them, i want to make the core of my collection an sc430, my supra tt, and the mopar. thats a hellafied lineup, ill sell the rest off.

NOW, ive been an engineer for years, and i do mean years, ive been doing this car thing for a while now. i had one of the first sc400s supercharged back in 02, and a lot of other really difficult firsts. to me its really ez to do what everyone else does because you already have the template, but the challenge is key to me, i mean really who wants to see another single turbo dyno queen supra! cmon with the difficult twins please!

i not only know about 30 ways to do the awd swap, im well capable of doing it, just dont know if its worth my time. id rather build a v10 or 12 sc430. yeah i said it lol. thats why im looking for a shell. its that time. so YES i know how to build it, not the idea, but EXACTLY how, DO YOU?

you shouldnt talk down on ppl in the intelligence department. esp me, bc im a pretty intelligent guy lol. you ask me my gameplan? what you read how the russians did it on sf and now know all the steps, so now you are the expert? lmao. man without a template i can build or mod anything. i already have the core components. i know the guys in europe that can cnc everything, but i dont want that. i want to make it MYSELF. adapter plate, modified flywheel, measured triple disc clutch, remove the forward subframe, build a drag cradle, remove the upper, and lower oil pan from the 1jz, machine it, weld it, go to the shaft machine ship and get the front shafts n spindles. rear shaft made. get the 50/50 ratio cpu mod for the front diff, and call it a ****in day.

now i hope the arrogance will cease. again, i dont have 1000000 posts, but like i said b4, im usually busy building them and not wishing, chatting or dreaming about them. (its ok to dream, but not if you are a hater lol)

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
im loving this. you present your car and try to pitch what YOU think its worth. people tell you that its not worth that much. you start getting defensive, say people have their own opinions, but are wrong to judge your car, and then go ahead to present your collection of cars as the background to justify your opinions because if you can show you have a bunch of bada** cars then people will automatically agree with what you have to say.

there is no way in hell there is 45K even at retail value in that car. i dont care if you want to prove me wrong, but if you do then props and id be more then glad to apologize, but please, make a list of mods with a fair market value if you were going to part it all out

you dont have a super car and with all those modifications you reduced the interested market share of people by at least 1/2. dont bother selling the car; just finish it to your liking and drive it.

btw what is your gameplan for executing the awd conversion. in other words, how are you planning to do it? what are you going to make? what do you need to buy? i have a pretty good idea of it. do you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sc300 1jz twin greddy widebody,the TRUE first vertex ridge widebody in the USA