ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Creaking Clutch Noise (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/464562-creaking-clutch-noise.html)

snook 11-15-09 11:47 AM

Creaking Clutch Noise

It sounds like its 100 years old, clutch has been changed out once already and my car doesnt have that many miles.

It sounds like its coming from inside the cabin but Im not sure, it only happens when you press the clutch in every time.

Any ideas? Ive tried to wd40 stuff inside the car

RyanV 11-15-09 11:53 AM

try something else, like a lithium grease. wd 40 is for water displacement mainly.

SH_JZZ30 11-15-09 01:00 PM

Yeah mine does this too. I think it has to do with the clutch master cylinder rod.

ashtray 11-15-09 02:18 PM

this was discussed in a prior thread...i think every 5spd SC does this along with the chirping sound..ive taken it mannnnyyyyyy times to get greased with white lithium grease and it just comes back. nothing to worry about.

jdmJZA70 11-15-09 03:06 PM

It is the spring behind the clutch pedal, change it, its like 3 bux. The new ones dont creak.

menty 11-15-09 03:40 PM

I get this too, but I have a heavy duty exedy clutch
It sounds like its coming from the exterior of the vehicle, and ONLY when the clutch is depressed.

scfocus 11-15-09 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by menty (Post 5005889)
It sounds like its coming from the exterior of the vehicle, and ONLY when the clutch is depressed.

I have the exact same problem

snook 11-15-09 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by jdmJZA70 (Post 5005823)
It is the spring behind the clutch pedal, change it, its like 3 bux. The new ones dont creak.

Do you have a part # for this?

It sounds like to me it's coming from inside the car and yes I thought it was the spring too

It's not that I was worried anything was wrong guys, the sound is annoying and sounds like my car is a POS so I need it gone

RyanV 11-15-09 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by menty (Post 5005889)

If the sound is coming from the exterior it might be the clutch slave cylinder although nothing may be wrong with it. When you depress the clutch pedal the slave cylinder rod pushes on the slave cylinder piston. The seal around the piston wipes all the hydraulic fluid from the walls of slave cylinder as it moves with the piston.

The other moving parts like the clutch fork can make noise if they aren't lubed.

roxanne 11-16-09 11:19 AM

I have the same issue even after putting in my spec clutch...I like to think it just gives her character :)

snook 11-16-09 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jdmJZA70 (Post 5005823)

Can you really confirm this so I can order it?

Ali SC3 11-16-09 01:10 PM

lol mine comes and goes. if it goes from rainy to dry i notice it for a day or 2.
then poof its gone.

snook 11-16-09 10:12 PM

I was driving today without some parts installed over the shifter and I could see the ground.
I believe the sound is coming from there where the shifter linkage and driveshaft are

what moves when you press in the clutch around there?

scfocus 11-16-09 10:34 PM

The clutch slave cylinder and release bearing

snook 11-17-09 09:33 AM

so it sounds like that is bad on my car right? my clutch has already been replaced once but they may have reused that stuff for some dumb reason.

I also have a rattling sound when I bog my car at low rpms in 1st gear coming from the same area. Im thinking maybe that cat is rattling but im not sure

My car has too many noises to figure out, it's in really good shape but the noises are embarassing.