ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   DDM Headlight HID Kit Intermittent Lighting on Passenger Side (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/458362-ddm-headlight-hid-kit-intermittent-lighting-on-passenger-side.html)

snook 10-13-09 04:55 PM

DDM Headlight HID Kit Intermittent Lighting on Passenger Side

Has anyone experienced this problem? My passenger headlight sometimes doesn't turn on, the drivers always does. If I turn the lights on and off it comes on. I have a 1996 manual if that makes a difference.

Over the phone they told me I should be the accessory harness but werent sure if that would fix it. They also said that using the auto light feature is a bad idea and I should manually turn on the lights each time.

How many of you had this problem and had to install relays or that accessory harness? Anyone just install the kit and not have an issue?

Thanks

OneJay 10-13-09 05:04 PM

I don't have the same HID's, but on mine, one used to turn off after a while and would come back on if I turned them off then back on. Turned out to be the ballast.

snook 10-15-09 09:27 AM

Weird

Does anyone else think a relay or the accessory harness would fix this problem?
Problem is I can't tell when this headlight is working or not on the road, sometimes in well lit areas its hard to tell

snook 10-16-09 09:00 AM

anyone else know what to try here

TheKevin 10-16-09 09:17 AM

i have 4 DDM kits. just double check all the connections. also, you can try hooking up the drivers side bulb to the passenger side ballast to see if thats the problem.

as for the relay harness, you should get one. it'll prevent your stock wiring from frying.

snook 10-16-09 09:39 AM

All the connections are great

have you had your stock wiring on a sc300 fry from not having the accessory harness?

snook 10-19-09 12:57 PM

ttt anyone know? ddm has a bunch of a holes for customer service

TheKevin 10-19-09 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by snook (Post 4931193)
All the connections are great

have you had your stock wiring on a sc300 fry from not having the accessory harness?

no but it happened to my tC

DWPsc3 10-19-09 01:35 PM

I didn't have a DDM kit but it has happened to me before. Mines ended up being a bad ballast also. So try swapping them around or replace it and see if it still does it.

vwynn 10-19-09 01:38 PM

i used a relay when i had the DDM HID kit.. works 100%.

LAVIsH 10-19-09 01:49 PM

sounds like you have a weak car battery or faulty ballast in my case both that caused that issue

SL3X 10-19-09 04:48 PM

lol i got the same problem, ddm hid, but its my driver side that goes out, i got 4 of these things (2 on the fogs) and its only the driver side. pretty new battery, switched the ballast/bulbs around, still was the same. im about to use the relay i got sittin around. see if it works. you should try your oem bulbs too see if its the car wiring itself, doubt it though, probably just needs the relay, if not i got no clue lol. il let you know if the relay does it though.

danchon 10-19-09 10:58 PM

I'm using the ddm tuning hid kit as well. plug and play harness, no problems. a relay with a 35w kit is overkill. i will say that most likely it is a faulty ballast. For paying $60 with a lifetime guarantee I dont expect these things to be bulletproof. I bought a 4500k kit but already one of the bulbs has turned 6000k (mismatching bulbs). I called customer service and they sent me a replacement set no questions asked...

snook 10-19-09 11:12 PM

I have the 55w kit I believe, it was the more expensive and not using a relay.

Stock bulbs work perfect, battery is brand new

I hate to have to buy one of their harnesses or do a relay for this, just wanted it to be easy and work!

AYEmike 10-19-09 11:16 PM

great kit, one for low and one for fogs, been great for a year so far.