SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

supra interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-02, 04:17 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb supra interior

does anyone here know if the stock supra seats will fit into the SC? i was under the impression that they might fit, and i dont want to spend my money for something that doesnt fit and i cant return. anyways hope someone can help me out thanks!

Kevin
Old 04-24-02, 04:49 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=seats

A lil seaching shows that the supra seats bolt right it. Therefore, a seat designed to fit into the supra, will fit into the SC.

John
Old 04-24-02, 05:19 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

thanks buddy

Kevin
Old 04-24-02, 05:31 PM
JKAG
Driver

Default supra seat = 1" headroom

I can now say from personal experience (as of 2 hours ago) YES the supra seat is a direct bolt in to the SC (at least the drivers side).

And you gain about 1" of headroom, but, if you have a big butt (like me) the supra seats are a bit narrow compared to the barcalounger like lexus seats. Lateral support is a bit better than the stock seats but not as good as say a Recaro. The supra seats are also a lot lighter than stock.

Transfer the seatbelt clip, cut off the connector on the supra seat, attach a couple of narrow spade terminals, hook it up and you are ready to go. The only issue is knowing the pin-out of the Lexus connector so you can hookup the seat belt sensor to get rid of the seatbelt light. I have a shop manual on order and I will fix it when the manual comes in.

Passenger seat goes in tommorow.

Jon
Old 04-24-02, 06:50 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Hey,

Where did you get that gforce chip? And aproximatley how much HP does it give?

JAson
Old 04-24-02, 09:51 PM
gavin
Driver

got pics?
Old 04-25-02, 12:12 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

so we can still use all teh electric capabilities...
but for those of us who are 6'5''
this gives us a little bit more head room?
cool ....

does teh supra seats come with heated seats too
just curious... so i can have everything i have now
just a little bit more sportier.. if you knwo what i mean
Old 04-25-02, 01:04 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

How much do Supra seats cost? I'm trying to lighten my load and the seats are singly the most heavy piece of uneccessary weight the car has. Also do they match the tan leather interior or are they complete eyesores?
Old 04-25-02, 05:33 AM
JKAG
Driver

Default supra seats

Mark IV supra seats seem to come in black and tan leather. Mark III seats don't look like a good option. I've seen prices for $500 - 750. Try supraforums.com and thepartstrader.com. The black leather doesn't lookk bad in my grey car, but it does not seem to be of the same high quality as the lexus leather.

Leatherseats.com offers many different colors which seems like there should be a good match. I am waiting for the leather samples to choose the best match. I was quoted $599 for front only. I think you can get 2-tone for the same price. From what I hear other companies offer covers, but the $599 seems like a good price.

The way I look at it $600 for 2 seats and $600 to custom cover means $1200 for 2 seats vs $1200 for 1 leather Recaro or Sparco in black or tan (if you get the higher end ones with adjustability).

For me the other big advantage is that I gained 1" headroom with the supra seats where I am told you loose headroom with the Sparco and Recaro due to the hight of the mounting brackets and rails.

On the flip side the comfort and lateral support of the supra seats are nothing like the stock Recaros I have in my Audi (S6).
Old 04-25-02, 05:40 AM
JKAG
Driver

Default G-force chip

Big rip off. 3 rwhp

You order the gforce through a speed shop. It is a reprograming so you send in your ECU and they reprogram it and send it back

But my car is OBDII and only after I installed the chip and called to complain did they admit that they did not remap the fuel.

You have a '95 so you should do better, but, give me a few weeks and I will have an Apexi SAFC installed and dyno tuned. This should give a good idea of what the gforce for timing and fuel would do for your '95

Jon
Old 04-25-02, 07:51 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what about the whole supra dash?
Old 04-25-02, 02:37 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Good idea bean... I aways like the look of the supra dash... would it work on an SC300? The ECU is the same as the N/A supra soooo.... Just a thought, anyone actually done anything like this before?

Thinking out loud...
Old 04-25-02, 05:04 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

guys there is someone on this forum who is doing a seat swap on his supra for SC seats, maybe you guys could trade instead of going out and buying new seats, I cant remember his name right now but he has a supra that hes making into a convertable
Old 04-25-02, 06:40 PM
JKAG
Driver

I have a set of gray seats (front only) for sale

'96 65k miles with a small streatch mark on the driver seat otherwise near perfect

Jkagan@kaganmedical.com

Jon
Old 04-26-02, 06:49 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
Good idea bean... I aways like the look of the supra dash... would it work on an SC300? The ECU is the same as the N/A supra soooo.... Just a thought, anyone actually done anything like this before?

Thinking out loud...
its also the same chassis; theoretically has the same boltholes and everything

the shifter would line up in the same exact spot

Quick Reply: supra interior