Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ***** shifter, wtf , i just saw that shenanigan

some1 might get some sick ideas seeing you drive w that thing
Old 12-26-09, 08:21 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great start!! Looks like you have a great car to start out with. No matter what you fill those cracks in the AC Vents with, they tend to crack again after a little while. You're best off replacing them with a newer one that is not cracked.

GL on the upgrades.

Ryan

Originally Posted by saurah
Hey everyone, yesterday I purchased my first sc300! I'm pretty excited as I have been a long time fan of these cars.

Shes a manual 93 sc300, with ~163k. The paint is in excellent condition, especially for a 93! Maintenance on it was meticious, and he had the AC bascially rebuilt the day before I purchased it. The interior is extremely clean, with exceptions to leather wear and tear.

The car really needs tires, so I'm just going to get wheels now instead of later. Coilovers will come soon after, because I probably won't be able to stomach the stock ride height.
Don't really wanna do too much to her, I have another project that is sucking my wallet dry. As well as my time. I'm just excited to have a reliable, conservative (for now) daily.

Annoying cracks that need to be filled in... with something

Anyways, I'm just cleaning her up right now. Just looking for DIY's and stuff like that. Just little cosmetic things for now! Fun stuff later.

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-09-10 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-26-09, 10:50 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Wow! This car looks amazing! I'm hoping to get my SC looking like this by next summer.
Old 12-31-09, 06:38 PM
scfou
Pole Position

So anyways, finally got the crank pulley bolt off to access my waterpump. That thing was ridiculously torqued. Drove a hour to get a chain wrench, so I dropped some cash on a tool thats just gonna sit around. Oh well, thats how it goes.
Anyways, I thought I'd share a picture with you guys. Its really a thinker. I have a funny feeling about this motor. To me, it looks like theres some water in my oil. If the head is toasted, it would explain a lot about the car.

Guess what that is. Oil? No... Poo? No... Chocolate? No...
COOLANT! Nothing like chunky coolant.

Once everything gets put back together, I'm going to do a compression test to see whats up with this motor.
OH NO..! You can keep your fingers nice and clean. I'll do the dirty work for you, Lol..
Old 12-31-09, 06:45 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FormosaSC
Girls that loves cars are awesome! You have a very lucky bf
That's what I'm talking about. I love talking to my girl about what I did to my car, but it would just go inside her left ear and come out of her right, Lol..
Old 12-31-09, 06:57 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BostonSC4
^^^ yeah i have no idea where he's getting at lol

i would imagine it being relatively normal for a girl to wear pantyhose while driving.....
My guess is sc leather is extremely soft and smooth, so wearing silky pantyhose while driving would slide you around from left to right, which can be dangerous?? I think that's what he means. He must have something for pantyhose though, Lol. Hey, I too think it's extremely sexy for women to wear pantyhose, and I would love to see them walk out of an sc that way.
Old 01-09-10, 11:44 AM
saurah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eliteskill
12,000 views wow this is what happens when you have a girl that knows how to build a car. lol you get the men at your feet i bet =).

Originally Posted by Avarec
the ***** shifter, wtf , i just saw that shenanigan

some1 might get some sick ideas seeing you drive w that thing
Hopefully not, but if they do thats all them. I get a lot of compliments actually. I get away with it because I'm a girl. Ha.

Originally Posted by scfou
My guess is sc leather is extremely soft and smooth, so wearing silky pantyhose while driving would slide you around from left to right, which can be dangerous?? I think that's what he means. He must have something for pantyhose though, Lol. Hey, I too think it's extremely sexy for women to wear pantyhose, and I would love to see them walk out of an sc that way.
ROTFLMAO.
Old 01-09-10, 11:58 AM
saurah
Pole Position

So I thought I'd share the latest struggles of driving a lowered car.

I ran over a brick doing like 45mph and got it stuck under my car until it broke and shattered. Right after I had washed the car to, it was covered in red brick dust after that. Debris in the road during rush hour are REALLY bad news.

I high centered in a crazy parking lot, I thought I was going to make it until I got to the top of the driveway and saw the uneven pavement followed by speedbumps that were HUGE. I had to push my car in heels, until some guy came and helped. He gave me some weird looks.

Then on Christmas I blew out my tire in a intersection, and had to drive into a parking lot on my rim. Nothing a refinishing shop can't fix though.

The latest struggle has been trying to get an alignment. I had MAJOR toe issues that needed to be fixed, since I got new rear tires and 50 miles had already chewed them up pretty bad. I took the car to 3 shops that said they can handle lowered cars. No one could fit it on the rack. I took the car to a local shop that does aligns everything, dumped track cars, crazy drift cars with camber. Needless to say, they wouldn't even touch my car. The only place that had a rack I could get onto, wouldn't touch my car.

Long story short, pulled some strings and talked to a friend of a friend of a friend kinda deal and got my car aligned at a Acura dealership with a pit style alignment. Most expensive alignment of my life.

Everyone keeps telling me to raise my car up... Nahhh.
Old 01-09-10, 12:10 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg this is what im in for when i slamm my car jeez i better get ready!!! sorry to hear bout all this
Old 01-09-10, 12:27 PM
lexfrmtex
Driver

Nice find! I look forward to seeing the progress.
Old 01-09-10, 12:37 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had MAJOR toe issues that needed to be fixed, since I got new rear tires and 50 miles had already chewed them up pretty bad.
Holy smokes! 50 miles? That is crazy.
Old 01-09-10, 05:37 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

now THAT'S rolling a donut hard!
and you know how it is, it don't need to say it, but i will... "gotta pay to play..."
Old 01-09-10, 06:22 PM
Pingar
Driver School Candidate

Just read the whole thread. Awesome work. Sucks about the alignment. I hope you get it all sorted out. Nice work tho. Car looks sick!
Old 01-09-10, 09:04 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

You need to move to So Cal. A lot more shops around here that could've done the alignment. Also it really ate up that tire in 50 miles?? That's pretty insane
Old 01-10-10, 12:01 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Sarah, nice job. Special kudos for getting into your engine and making repairs . It is nice to see women that love their cars and love working on them like you and Hyjaxx.

Unbelievable that you only got 50 miles on those tires . Wheels are nice.

Not a fan of the shifter, but it's your car, so you obviously love it .

I agree with a few others that posted that your thread is extremely popular. You definitely brought some energy into the forum. Guess the guys just can't get enough....At this rate, I predict your thread to surpass mine in views, pages and posts within about a week .

Ryan

Quick Reply: My first sc! *pix*