SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

is300 steering wheel upgrade..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-15, 06:55 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made my own air/bag harness. now to find where the horn is?
Old 05-11-15, 02:05 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post9035192

see post 22 for future reference for horn wire info
Old 01-24-21, 09:02 PM
MassOut
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default IS 300 steering wheel E-Shift buttons wired to operate SC 300 cruise control

Originally Posted by Vrank
So I modified the auto is300 e-shift buttons to become the actual cruise control functions. Was pretty easy. Four separate switches, perfect if you look at diagrams. Eliminate the stalk, cleaner look imo. can always have the buttons carbon/wood/color dipped, or not give a ****! Horn works, everything else should. Waiting to find a guinea pig as gf's sc doesnt have a cruise control cable and is getting an rx tan/wood wheel, so this one was only fit to test initial function and is now for sale.

P.S.
My airbag light is on because I don't have the adapter. VIDEO BELOW, DON'T KNOW HOW TO EMBED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSt3...ature=youtu.be
Hi Vrank,
I'm aware this is an old thread, but I'm not big on starting new threads unless necessary.
Just wondering what are the resistor values for the three resistors used in a 1999 SC 300 cruise control stalk... There are four circuits built into the CC stalk, the "Main" or "Cruise On/Off", the "Resume /Accelerate", the "Set/Coast", and the "Cancel". Each circuit except for the "Main" or "Cruise On/Off" circuit has its own associated resistor. What are the values of these three resistors on the 1999 SC 300 please? Not sure, but each resistor might be a different value. If so, please state which resistor value is associated with which circuit.

Research seems to indicate that the resistance values may be different, as the stalk part numbers are different pre and post 1998. My question pertains to a 1999 SC 300.

Also, it would seem that the "Main" or "Cruise On/Off" switch cannot be a momentary switch and must be an On/Off switch. I'm assuming that the other switches can and should all be momentary. All of my questions pertain to using an IS 300 steering wheel optioned with the four E-Shift buttons.

Thank you!
Old 01-25-21, 10:26 AM
spen151
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MassOut
Hi Vrank,
I'm aware this is an old thread, but I'm not big on starting new threads unless necessary.
Just wondering what are the resistor values for the three resistors used in a 1999 SC 300 cruise control stalk... There are four circuits built into the CC stalk, the "Main" or "Cruise On/Off", the "Resume /Accelerate", the "Set/Coast", and the "Cancel". Each circuit except for the "Main" or "Cruise On/Off" circuit has its own associated resistor. What are the values of these three resistors on the 1999 SC 300 please? Not sure, but each resistor might be a different value. If so, please state which resistor value is associated with which circuit.

Research seems to indicate that the resistance values may be different, as the stalk part numbers are different pre and post 1998. My question pertains to a 1999 SC 300.

Also, it would seem that the "Main" or "Cruise On/Off" switch cannot be a momentary switch and must be an On/Off switch. I'm assuming that the other switches can and should all be momentary. All of my questions pertain to using an IS 300 steering wheel optioned with the four E-Shift buttons.

Thank you!

For my 1997 sc400 I only had two buttons for the cruise, an on/off button and a set/decelerate button(the ~200 ohm values sets the speed but it also decelerates when its already set).
If I ever needed to change my cruise speed I would just turn it off then back on and re-set it.
I got the resistance values from a supra diagram, idk where though it was like 2 years ago.
lmk if you want more info.

Here are some other values I found that seem to be in the ball park
APPROX. 418 Ω WITH THE CANCEL SW ON
APPROX. 68 Ω WITH THE RESUME/ACCEL SW ON
APPROX. 198 Ω WITH THE SET/COAST SW ON

Last edited by spen151; 01-25-21 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-27-21, 08:56 PM
MassOut
10th Gear

Thank you very much spen151, this helps a lot.

You stated:
"Here are some other values I found that seem to be in the ball park
APPROX. 418 Ω WITH THE CANCEL SW ON
APPROX. 68 Ω WITH THE RESUME/ACCEL SW ON

APPROX. 198 Ω WITH THE SET/COAST SW ON"

If possible, could you please give the source of this info and the year of the SC 300 or SC 400 that this applies to?

Also, just to be clear... Are you are saying that the
Main or Cruise On-Off switch function type should not be an Off-On, but instead should be an Off-Momentary switch function type? The other switches are Off-Momentary types of course.

Thank you!
Old 01-28-21, 10:14 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Is wheels ftw, I wonder how hard would it be to wire turn signals to the wheel buttons?
has anyone done it? I wouldn’t think it would be too hard
Old 01-28-21, 10:24 AM
TheEye
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This. nuff said
Old 01-28-21, 02:45 PM
MassOut
10th Gear

Default Main or Cruise On-Off switch function type

Spending the required moment of time to look more closely at the cruise control circuit, it's now very clear that the Main or Cruise On-Off switch function type should obviously be of the momentary type (duh).

Why? Because if you look at the CC circuit, it shows clearly that if you short CCS17 to ground with an Off-On switch function type (holds a short to ground condition until switched again), this would disable the Resume/Accelerate, the Set/Coast, and the Cancel functions (analyze the circuit to see what I'm saying).
Old 01-28-21, 05:59 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by MassOut
Spending the required moment of time to look more closely at the cruise control circuit, it's now very clear that the Main or Cruise On-Off switch function type should obviously be of the momentary type (duh).

Why? Because if you look at the CC circuit, it shows clearly that if you short CCS17 to ground with an Off-On switch function type (holds a short to ground condition until switched again), this would disable the Resume/Accelerate, the Set/Coast, and the Cancel functions (analyze the circuit to see what I'm saying).
Why don't you just modify the bracket and drill holes where u need to to line the stock cruise control switch up on the new is300 steering wheel? Thats all i did and my cruise works great.