SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 09:50 PM
maatouk_21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Speakers

I just got a really nice 95 sc400, but the only problem is all the speakers and sub were blown. I got a set of infinity speakers kappa series that fit the car. The front ones i got in without much problem, but the back ones i am uncertain how to get to. I have been told i can get to them from the trunk, and i read on a forum on some site i have to remove the back seat and do it from there... plz help i dont want to do more damage then good to my car.

Also i plan on getting a new amp so i can put my alpine deck in the front, i have no idea where the stock amp even is and dont want to pay car toys over $400 to do a one hour job...
Old 09-08-09, 10:53 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maatouk_21
I just got a really nice 95 sc400, but the only problem is all the speakers and sub were blown. I got a set of infinity speakers kappa series that fit the car. The front ones i got in without much problem, but the back ones i am uncertain how to get to. I have been told i can get to them from the trunk, and i read on a forum on some site i have to remove the back seat and do it from there... plz help i dont want to do more damage then good to my car.

Also i plan on getting a new amp so i can put my alpine deck in the front, i have no idea where the stock amp even is and dont want to pay car toys over $400 to do a one hour job...
I have done this multiple times just for the fun of it i guess you can call it boredom.
and yes the only way to get to the speakers in the rear deck is by taking out the back seats you have to start from the bottom up

1: you have to pull the seat out of the bottom clips
break down: what you do is picture your sitting in the back seats picture where your knees are if you feel a bit lower you will feel something you can grip o to pull the seat up.
2: then if i can recall correctly you should be able to take the bottom out there should be 2 size 10 or 12 bolts holding down the top on both side of the bottom unscrew does and push the top part up so the top could come out.
3. then you will have to carefully pull of the the rear deck speaker panel to get access to the speakers from there it should be common sense.

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WAS ANY HELP AND HOW IT SOUNDS WHEN YOUR DONE. AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PICS OF HOW IF LOOKS IF THATS COOL
GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 09-09-09, 04:31 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

hope this helps!
Old 09-09-09, 06:20 AM
Jeembo
Lexus Test Driver

Wow - subscribed simply because of that diagram
Old 09-09-09, 03:01 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

maatouk,Here is my DIY rear speaker process. Enjoy hope it helps.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...7&#entry234717
Old 09-09-09, 04:01 PM
maatouk_21
Driver School Candidate

Wow thanks for the step by step picture procedure, that helps a lot. I am currently doing the replacement, have the back seats out and am working on getting the trunk carpeting out to get to the wiring...
Old 09-09-09, 04:44 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeembo
Wow - subscribed simply because of that diagram
haha thanks. I have A LOT more if you need any help. Just email me. It's over on the left
Old 09-09-09, 08:51 PM
maatouk_21
Driver School Candidate

well as it turns out, car toys are idiots and sold me the wrong size speakers, which i didnt catch until i was going to put the new ones in, so i am going to finish this project up tomorrow... but i have been taking pictures during the process of taking out the back half of the car lol, but the site tells me my images are too large so i will resize them and then post them
Old 09-09-09, 08:53 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Im currently considering doing mine but id like to do some modifications and install 6x9's or at least 6 1/2's so i can get some better mid bass out of it in the rear and do the 6 1/2's in the front. Those little 4" are pretty useless IMO i have to have mine crossed over to the point they may as well just be tweeters and all my bass has to come from my sub.
Old 09-09-09, 08:59 PM
maatouk_21
Driver School Candidate

The actual slot for the speakers is 6.5, thats the speaker size i got but the problem is the covers dont work... my sub is still really good condition and the infinity kappa series speakers are amazing. with just the front ones in, i am already enjoying the sound, cant wait till i get the rears correct size and put those in.
Old 09-09-09, 09:52 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

thats good new...
Old 09-10-09, 09:37 PM
maatouk_21
Driver School Candidate

finally got the speakers in and working, and they sound amazing. It wasnt hard but i was trying to be extra careful since this is my first time doing a project like this on any car and i didnt know where to even start let alone what i was doing. Thanks for all your help guys
Old 09-13-09, 12:20 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

finally got the speakers in and working, and they sound amazing. It wasnt hard but i was trying to be extra careful since this is my first time doing a project like this on any car and i didnt know where to even start let alone what i was doing. Thanks for all your help guys
Now it's time for pic's and i'm wondering what did you replace the sub wit?
Old 04-17-15, 07:28 PM
ahero4all
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you buy all four speakers from Infinity and did they fit correctly in the Doors?
Old 04-18-15, 12:26 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ahero4all
Did you buy all four speakers from Infinity and did they fit correctly in the Doors?
That was around six years ago dude. There is a good chance that car is with a new owner.