SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDMMuscle Photoshoot version 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 09:50 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle

Ill check it out, see what i can do, Unfortunately i know longer have a good place to paint, thats why i have been hitting up the body-shops, Ill check out their lip tho, see whats up. THanks for the info man

appreciate it
yeah i want something to flow smooth with the 97 sides but no one makes anything close so might as well custom fit something for that real one off look and plus if it comes out good no need to upgrade rear bumper to 97+. Also I was thinking of getting those clear lenses for my headlamp project but yours came out so nice i think i just might keep my oem ones their super clean
Old 07-13-09, 02:55 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks friggin' great.... so many changes and your not even done....wow!
anyways, as for your question... i'd go with the 97 rear to keep the flow. (but i'm slightly biased)
Old 07-13-09, 03:28 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cars nice... photos are are pretty plain
Old 07-13-09, 04:04 PM
G SC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn those equip's are sex, sc looks sexy
Old 07-13-09, 04:07 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

looking good man!
Old 07-13-09, 04:31 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by booja
cars nice... photos are are pretty plain
its very difficult to take good shots at 4pm with not much time to work stuff out...
Old 07-13-09, 04:35 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
i am assuming your talking about the GARNISH, RADIATOR GRILLE (53141-24010) and GARNISH, RADIATOR GRILLE, NO.2, (53142-24010) no?

I don't want the garnish's NOR the Fog's

Only thing that looks out of place are the tabs that the fogs bolt onto, those are trimmed as we speak.

I like the way my grill is, and i like the no fog look, PLUS i have some tubing Venting Air flow from the fog holes to my front brakes, the openings serve a purpose
Old 07-13-09, 04:35 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by djb5118
its very difficult to take good shots at 4pm with not much time to work stuff out...

I think you did a great job dude, i love the pics, thanks for taking time to do them buddy.
Old 07-13-09, 04:39 PM
skizzals
Pole Position

I like the way my grill is, and i like the no fog look, PLUS i have some tubing Venting Air flow from the fog holes to my front brakes, the openings serve a purpose
i thought you were gonna say air flow for the train horn lol
Old 07-13-09, 05:00 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

I think you did a great job dude, i love the pics, thanks for taking time to do them buddy.
yea, i think they turned out alright. well take the time to do it right sometime this fall
Old 07-13-09, 05:37 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great looking pics!
Old 07-13-09, 05:53 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

lmao, that sounds like something they would sell along with the tornado. Why would you want your front brakes cooled? Less heat = less friction = less stopping power. Not to mention your tubbing isnt even going to work because the spinning wheels will just move the air out of the way.

So if you actually do have tubing running to your brakes i would remove it. Besides looking stupid, it wont work and you'll get laughed at by any real car enthusiast.
don't you think that air running to the brakes would prevent brake fade? ever heard of it?

Im no scientist and i am not in anyway claiming that Grant's idea works, but to say that venting the brakes doesn't work is an incorrect statement. Again, without any prior experience i would think any air running to the rotor would help to dissipate the heat, thus keeping your braking strong and true. There is an optimum temperature for brakes to operate correctly, having them too hot does no good at all. In fact, modern performance cars actually have vents built into to help reduce heat from braking systems (see functional vents on the Evo X)

"A brake rotor, in combination with brake pads, provides friction. This friction slows the vehicle down and enables it to stop. The rotor must be able to absorb heat and dissipate that heat in order for it to work properly. When a rotor gets too hot, you have "brake fade." This is when the brakes stop working. Large trucks going down steep mountainous hills often experience brake fade."

"Rotors for high-performance vehicles and heavy vehicles usually have vents. These vents allow the heat to dissipate quicker, which in turn keeps the rotor cooler for a longer period of time. The larger the rotor, the more surface it has, meaning that it can handle more heat. Larger rotors can stop bigger trucks and may allow for faster stops (as for racing vehicles)."

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4968433...tors-work.html

Last edited by djb5118; 07-13-09 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-13-09, 05:57 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Very nice....!
Old 07-13-09, 06:24 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

When I heard purple paint I was thinking something a little different... lol Looking bad@*** as always Grant! Cant wait to see the next few steps!

I just did some more research and yes your right cooling the brakes would prevent brake fade. BUT with that being said, just putting a tube into your front bumper, pointed at your brakes isnt going to do anything. I mean look at rain falling and your car going forward. The rain will go over the cabin area because of air flow. Well the samething would happen to the air coming from that tube. The spinning tires would just push the air away. You wouldnt get a clear air flow to the rotors. PLUS you still have the dust sheilds preventing any of that air from touching the rotors.

Oh and djb5118 if i am reading your last paragraph right then i think you are combing 2 different points. All cars, not just high performance cars, have vented front rotors or ribs as that article says. So i would assume by vented it means drilled and slotted. Well thats not even what we are talking about here. Drilled and slotted rotors prevent brake fad by removing brake gasses caused by the extreme heating of the pads. But they dont cool down the rotors to prevent brake fad. Its 2 different concepts.

Actually while talking about drilled and slotted rotors, they actually worse on a street car, because they remove an amount of metal that can adsorb and dissipate heat. Plus your car wont be opperating in temp where you would experience brake fad caused by gas buildup. So they actually decrease your braking.
terrible advise as always...
Old 07-13-09, 06:43 PM
GSLEX99
Driver

Man thats nice

Quick Reply: JDMMuscle Photoshoot version 2.0