SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Wald or Auto Couture or factory 97+?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-09, 10:33 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wald or Auto Couture or factory 97+?

I bought both the Wald and AC kit to build 2 of my sc and going widebody, i had all sort of ideas but I probably won't have time and energy to finish both project so I'm just going to use either Wald or AC or factory 97+ look to finish 1 car and dump my other SC. Which kit do you guys think it looks the best on the SC? I put both AC and Wald kit side by side I think I like the wald kit better and less people has it in the state...
Old 06-10-09, 10:36 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Personally I like the AC then Wald but by a slim margin. It depends on rims, execution, paint color, etc. Post some pics of your ride!
Old 06-10-09, 11:04 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

My car is diamond pearl white now and both kits are already painted in diamond pearl white, i'm in process to repaint my car to starfire pearl so either way I would have to strip and paint them again. My plans is If i use the AC kit I would use AC magnifique in 19", or if I use the wald kit I would use Wald ducahelet. if I keep factory 97 look it would be 18" TE37. I got all the parts sitting here just need to make up my mind and finish the car
Old 06-10-09, 11:10 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Ac Kit....
Old 06-10-09, 11:32 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with wald due to it being rare but I believe cleansc said fitment was an issue?
Old 06-11-09, 12:07 AM
Rash
hmm

You have both kits and you're asking what's better? I think you should decide about that, see what looks better.
Old 06-11-09, 12:08 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

wow you are baller. I say AC. I don't like the rear on the Wald
Old 06-11-09, 12:25 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah go with AC, and sell me the Wald
Old 06-11-09, 12:29 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

go with wald, and sell me the AC lol
Old 06-11-09, 07:24 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by renren7
go with wald, and sell me the AC lol
Go 97+ and sell me either wald or AC

But seriuously you cant lose either way..I think pictures will help as well to make a better decision
Old 06-11-09, 08:11 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

1. AC/T's Aero
2. Wald
3. OEM 97
Old 06-11-09, 08:39 AM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

out of those two i prefer ac..but have you looked at big win? thats my absolute favorite
Old 06-11-09, 08:46 AM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hows the fitment on the Wald? If its as bad as they say, then you may opt for the lesser of two headaches.
Old 06-11-09, 09:59 AM
That-Guy
Pole Position

after all the work to properly install a bodykit (all kits will have fitment issues unless your fine with minor gaps etc.) your probably going to have to repaint it. Not to mention in a diamond pearl, painting just one piece never matches the exact same color thats on the car. (even with lexus's paint code and a brilliant painter) Some people can't tell the difference between cars, but no 2 diamond white cars are the same, and to properly color match you either have to...
1. Blend in, which means painting part way up the fenders, doors, other areas etc, but only if your bodyshop is capable of doing so.
2. Or repaint the whole car after the fact.

A good body shop can blend well, but diamond white pearl is the hardest color to work with. Of course you can always live with the imperfections, and if this is the route your going with, i would suggest using the 97+ as it will have the best fitment, looks nice, and costs the least to get installed etc. If you're stuck on using a kit, i'd go with the AC as the Wald has an even worse fitment history. I'm sure CleanSC can chime in. If i remember correctly, he said he had to extend the sideskirts a fair amount i think, meaning your current paintjob on 'em would have to go.

Anyways just my 2 cents, my sure to post up pics along the way, and good luck.
Old 06-11-09, 10:03 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by That-Guy
after all the work to properly install a bodykit (all kits will have fitment issues unless your fine with minor gaps etc.) your probably going to have to repaint it, not to mention in a diamond pearl, painting just one piece never gets you exactly the same color (even with lexus's paint code and a brilliant painter), some people can't tell the difference between cars, but no 2 diamond white cars are the same, and to properly color match you either have to blend in, which means painting part way up the fenders, doors, other areas etc, but only if your bodyshop is capable of doing so, or repaint the whole car at after the fact. A good body shop can blend well, but diamond white pearl is the hardest color to work with. Of course you can always live with the imperfections, and if this is the route your going with, i would suggest using the 97+ as it will have the best fitment, looks nice, and costs the least to get installed etc. If you're stuck on using a kit, i'd go with the AC as the Wald has horrible fitment history. I'm sure CleanSC can chime in. If i remember correctly, he said he had to extend the sideskirts a fair amount i think, meaning the current paintjob on 'em would have to go.

Anyways just my 2 cents, my sure to post up pics along the way, and good luck.
I had zero fitment issues with my AC Kit. Me and a friend installed it ourselves with no body work experience. Hardest part was actually getting the oem stuff off.

Quick Reply: Wald or Auto Couture or factory 97+?