Guess who got pulled over again! *pic*

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 02:49 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaitaan
"well..if it's legal, why can I hear it?"
Are Ferrari's loud? Yes. Are they legal? Yes. Are police sirens loud? Yes. Such hypocrisy. Police can speed but we can't... They need to set an example first, which they're not doing. The actual mufflers themselves should be perfectly legal, even in Cali, but I know they're very strict about sound and noise laws.

I've been pulled over a few times for tint in my previous car. Of course, I had the highly illegal mirror tint for building windows, 20% sides, 35% rear. I got so tired of getting pulled over and going to court, I just ended up taking it off. Dark tint is only illegal because the police lobbied for it and made it illegal.
Old 04-19-09, 09:21 PM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

Suck failure bro, awesome pic though. Maybe we should start a thread with pics of cops in the rear view, I know I've got one. Just move to South Carolina or Arkansas, you can have more freedom with tint for sure. I live in NC and the legal limit is 33%, I have 15% on mine and have never gotten pulled over for it...yet.
Old 04-20-09, 05:49 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

off topic, how well does your microphone work up there? I am trying to find a nice place for mine.
Old 04-20-09, 06:12 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno

Plus did i mention how we get a lot of tourists here. So cops just like all locals automatically hate tourists.
Thats lame. I have to watch that stupid "Find yourself California" commercials all the time. With Gov Arnold and his wife "Skeletor" saying how great it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md69zCJKD1c

But the po po's gonna whack me.
Old 04-20-09, 07:17 AM
That-Guy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the laws here are just getting even worse, now they're trying to profit off of smog tests and whatnot, they have new requirements in the "high zone" areas in california or whatever you call them, i know i live in one here in contra costa county, anyways the little sheet that you have to sign has printed on the page "this test may be harmful to your engine" and if you don't sign and take the test you can't pass smog and register your car... WTF.
Not to mention the fact that the laws in california aren't even what gets you, its the rising population of green people. I swear i am not bashing the environment, i think buying local foods is great and what not, but literally in california you cannot turn a corner without seeing a prius, and it is rapidly becoming polically incorrect to drive SUV's, Trucks or performance vehicles. People think you are trying to hurt the environment. And that also includes performance driving, people here with their prius' like to drive at 4 miles per hour to conserve gas by staying in the electric mode or whatever and it is becoming socially unacceptable to drive fast, at least in my area.
Old 04-20-09, 08:31 AM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
off topic, how well does your microphone work up there? I am trying to find a nice place for mine.

works very well I talk normally, no issues at all, nor do i have to tilt my head up to be heard.
Old 04-20-09, 08:32 AM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rykwebb
Suck failure bro, awesome pic though. Maybe we should start a thread with pics of cops in the rear view, I know I've got one. Just move to South Carolina or Arkansas, you can have more freedom with tint for sure. I live in NC and the legal limit is 33%, I have 15% on mine and have never gotten pulled over for it...yet.

here's one from a previous incident

Old 04-20-09, 12:52 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

thats sux bro...I got pulled over in San Marino a couple weeks ago at 730 in the morning (anywhere in San Gabriel Valley ur asking for trouble)...I asked him why it was such a big deal for cops to pull people over w/ tint...his answer "we want to know what you guys are up to."....haha kinda funny...we both laughed about it...he let me go...
Old 04-20-09, 04:11 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by rpx13
thats sux bro...I got pulled over in San Marino a couple weeks ago at 730 in the morning (anywhere in San Gabriel Valley ur asking for trouble)...I asked him why it was such a big deal for cops to pull people over w/ tint...his answer "we want to know what you guys are up to."....haha kinda funny...we both laughed about it...he let me go...
hahahahha

I've never been pulled over.

You could say I drive Granny-like...
Old 04-20-09, 04:34 PM
JDM_Soarer

Originally Posted by That-Guy
the laws here are just getting even worse, now they're trying to profit off of smog tests and whatnot, they have new requirements in the "high zone" areas in california or whatever you call them, i know i live in one here in contra costa county, anyways the little sheet that you have to sign has printed on the page "this test may be harmful to your engine" and if you don't sign and take the test you can't pass smog and register your car... WTF.
Not to mention the fact that the laws in california aren't even what gets you, its the rising population of green people. I swear i am not bashing the environment, i think buying local foods is great and what not, but literally in california you cannot turn a corner without seeing a prius, and it is rapidly becoming polically incorrect to drive SUV's, Trucks or performance vehicles. People think you are trying to hurt the environment. And that also includes performance driving, people here with their prius' like to drive at 4 miles per hour to conserve gas by staying in the electric mode or whatever and it is becoming socially unacceptable to drive fast, at least in my area.
I was actually joking with some friends after we went cruising after a meet that we were single handedly balancing out all of the Priuses in Seattle with our cars all out on the road at the same time.
Old 04-20-09, 05:17 PM
speed6
Lead Lap

i was "testing my coilovers" comming down from big bear, some guy thought i was racing, lucky me.
we blew past the chp
it took her a bout 3-4 minutes to catch up. she followed me for about 2 miles, put on the lights. i pulled over she passed!
then about a mile down the road i for flagged to stop
long story short, i got a stern warning for speeding, and a ticket because my "mufflers looked big" (the turbo apexi n1', 115mm outlets, black)
bar legal is under 95dB
mine... 94.9
Old 04-20-09, 07:43 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by neurocity
Thats lame. I have to watch that stupid "Find yourself California" commercials all the time. With Gov Arnold and his wife "Skeletor" saying how great it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md69zCJKD1c

But the po po's gonna whack me.
You should listen to the governator, hes right. All the pros of living in california far outweight the few car law flaws.

Pros
  • Nice weather year round, plus here in the beach cities it doesn't even get out of the 80s because of the beach breeze
  • No humidity so even if it gets kinda hot you dont feel that hot because your not sweating your ***** off. Plus your leather doesnt get sticky. leather > cloth in the sun belt.
  • Because of the nice weather your not clinically depressed. And since it doesnt get cold, your body doesn't naturally wanna store fat. This makes it far easier to stay fit.
  • You have a variety of things to do. From clubs in west hollywood, to surfing on the beachs, snowboarding on bear or mammoth or even going to utah for some of the best powder in america.
  • Plus since you have things to do here your not stuck doing recreational actives all day. But even if thats your kinda of thing, well medical is legal here. Did i mention how because California gets 345 days a year, plants grew better too.
  • This is the capital of the entertainment industry so all the hot girls accross america come here.
  • Finding a well paying job is far easier here. I mean come'on owning a 800k(before the crash) house and driving a mercades benz here is middle-class.
  • Collage tuition is far more affordable here because of all the taxpayers. Its around 20 dollars a credit in community collage. Of if you want to go to UC Berkley its rated as high as University of Michigan, yet unlike michigan it didnt increase its tuition a few grand last year.
  • oh and you can skate around a collage campus. I cant think of one place in the Midwest or east coast were it would be socially okay to skate around campus.
Cons
  • A few pesky emission laws designed to give us breathable air. Since we dont get rain here, smog can build up for months at a time. NO C.A.R.B. or similiar laws and their would be days were it would be dangerous to breath outside.
  • Cops that pull you over and give you bs tickets. This is no different then anywhere else in america. I have never heard of someone saying omg the xxx city pd is fair and will not write you tickets.
  • High Taxes

As i have learned no place is perfect but california is as close as it gets.
Originally Posted by That-Guy
I swear i am not bashing the environment, i think buying local foods is great and what not, but literally in california you cannot turn a corner without seeing a prius, and it is rapidly becoming polically incorrect to drive SUV's, Trucks or performance vehicles. People think you are trying to hurt the environment. And that also includes performance driving, people here with their prius' like to drive at 4 miles per hour to conserve gas by staying in the electric mode or whatever and it is becoming socially unacceptable to drive fast, at least in my area.
Maybe you should move to southern california. No one here is b|tching about anyone driving a v12 12mpg bently continental.

Last edited by Ryeno; 04-20-09 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-20-09, 08:12 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

the problem with California is the liberals, plain and simple. Took what was once a nice state and have now gov/regulated the place to freaking death. Big brother is CONSTANTLY in your freaking face and wallet. Love the scenery and roads....but that's it...and oh yea, Jay Leno's Garage!
Old 04-20-09, 10:17 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by dwebb99
the problem with California is the liberals, plain and simple. Took what was once a nice state and have now gov/regulated the place to freaking death. Big brother is CONSTANTLY in your freaking face and wallet. Love the scenery and roads....but that's it...and oh yea, Jay Leno's Garage!
Lmao, regulate this state to death? Where did you get that from? You make it sound as if California is a wasteland when the truth is the quality of life here is far better then most(if not all) of America.
Old 04-25-09, 07:26 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I share your pain, my SC isn't even my daily but almost every time I'm out on a nice day like today I get pulled over. This dude followed me for a mile, trying to find a reason. Said he saw me speeding but couldn't clock me. He finally got me for front tag not being on bumper after he passed me and slowed back down lol. He was a city cop, actual MD Trooper told me tag in glass was ok couple weeks ago. Wondered what would have happened if I hit the 2 step while he had me pulled over

Quick Reply: Guess who got pulled over again! *pic*