SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Guess who got pulled over again! *pic*

Old 04-17-09, 07:14 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess who got pulled over again! *pic*

tint. again. :hs: i really cant get away with anything in CA. I thought by going from 35 to 45%, i'd be okay

the cop's partner also told me my exhaust was illegal, although the only mod i've done to that is magnaflows. I showed him the smog certificate, and he said

"well..if it's legal, why can I hear it?"

:hs: FML
Old 04-17-09, 07:15 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn what a bad one makes me glad I dont live in Cali anymore Miami baby.. I think you get more tickets by just driving down the block than some kid street racing his honda
Old 04-17-09, 07:17 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

You couldn't pay me to live in Kalifornia. Between cars and guns, my two favorite hobbies, I wouldn't be able to do anything fun out there without having to deal with the ridiculous laws you guys have out there.

But you're saying you lightened your tint, from 35% to 45%, and got pulled for it? And you have to carry around the papers for your exhaust with you? My god.
Old 04-17-09, 07:21 PM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

yeah Cali is insane! I love to visit but I could never live there either ...
Old 04-17-09, 07:22 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
damn what a bad one makes me glad I dont live in Cali anymore Miami baby.. I think you get more tickets by just driving down the block than some kid street racing his honda

this makes 8 in 6 months

hold me.
Old 04-17-09, 07:26 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well any tint on the front windows is illegal regardless of %. that's the reason why I took mines off.

problem is now that I've added some CF pieces (unpainted), I'm sure I get the cops attention more now as well. The JIC canister mufflers don't help.

Overall, I can say just don't do things they'll normally pull you over for. With no tints on the front windows and a front license plate, i haven't been pulled over *knock on wood* prior to CF pieces. But now, I worry, especially now that I see more cops on the roads.
Old 04-17-09, 07:31 PM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

I always thought that any kind of tint on the front windshield was illegal until last week ...

my brothers girlfriend got a BMW and she took it in for an inspection sticker, when they were removing the old sticker, the guy peeled off a small piece of film from the windshield and he starts lecturing her about how illegal it is to have any kind of tint on the front windshield ... little did he know that she just barely got the car from an authorized used BMW dealer and that tint is factory installed ... and there's also some Mercedes Benz with it on too ...
Old 04-17-09, 07:39 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

in cali, any tint on the windshield lower than i think 6 inches from the top is illegal; any tint on the front side windows are illegal unless you have a doc note stating sensitive eyes, etc etc.

even if the dealership installs the tint, odds are it was outsourced to a company before actual delivery to the owner. afaik, no tint comes from the factory except for the ones already in the window (ie mb's blue tint, and the ever so light tint already present in the glass which is like ~20%). Usually you can tell when you look at your window and see if it says AS0 or AS1 or AS2, etc.

AS0 states no tint, AS2 has 20% into it already.

This I kno from when I had my windows actually tested by the cop with the tint tester and I barely passed. The cop stated that it had to have at least 80% transmission through the windows and I was right at 80% with oem windows AS2.
Old 04-17-09, 07:54 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

i don't have tint on the windshield........this was on the front windows.
Old 04-17-09, 07:56 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

yea was just responding to drft when he stated the windshield one.

front windows illegal just as well.
Old 04-17-09, 07:59 PM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

ooohhh I read it wrong ... I thought you had said the front window but you meant front windows ... haha ... man I'm an idiot!
Old 04-17-09, 08:15 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Where in ca do you live?? also do you mind posting a picture of your car?? I'm just kind of interested in seeing how modified it looks from the outside and such
Old 04-17-09, 08:19 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

as much as i miss living in cali, i don't miss the laws lol..

here in south carolina they don't have any kind of car inspections, I have friends running open header on some cars they daily drive.. I ran open down pipe on my 1jz for awhile as well.
Old 04-17-09, 08:25 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

wow you got pulled over for 45%? that is pretty dam light too. gotta always drive with your windows down in Cali man...
Old 04-17-09, 08:40 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My sis lives in LA and i like to visit, but lately i've been getting kind've turned off to California....too many "cali-transplants" I've run across, that have lived here for years ( over a decade in one case) yet cant go 5 minutes with saying "Cali" at least 3 times.... Wears thin real quick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guess who got pulled over again! *pic*