SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So i calculated how much money i need to complete my sc and...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 07:05 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i calculated how much money i need to complete my sc and...

...it came out to around 15 thousand dollars. No joke.

Needless to say the parts have to come from japan with overnight shipping.
Old 04-06-09, 07:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Might be time for cruising the Carson website for some "in stock" parts
Old 04-06-09, 07:08 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

add roughly 2-3 grand on top of that for intangibles and unexpecteds, and you should be good
Old 04-06-09, 07:16 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

No one ever said it would be an inexpensive or quick journey. Take your time and do it properly. For the love of God, don't skimp and jump at sub-par products because the price screams "Buy me!"
Old 04-06-09, 07:20 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

save your self 10K and have the parts shipped without overnight
Old 04-06-09, 07:27 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

You serious or is this a "The Fast and The Furious" joke??
Old 04-06-09, 07:35 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by Durrby
You serious or is this a "The Fast and The Furious" joke??
its both.

Honestly my lack of funding isnt really my biggest challenge right now. Its the fact that I have no place to store a 2jz-gte engine or a r154 transmission. I can easily put on some fat rims, hypercoils and ls400 brake calipers but that wont make my car go fast.

As for carson toyota, honestly i get better deals from south coast toyota. I have gone their sooooo many times that they give 10 percent over wholesale prices. I highly recommend everyone to make friends with their local toyota parts department.
Old 04-06-09, 08:42 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Every single time I think I only have 5k more to go, I end up needing another 5k, lol. I'm 35k deep in this thing now, so at this point, there's no turning back!
Old 04-06-09, 08:49 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by TTSC3
Every single time I think I only have 5k more to go, I end up needing another 5k, lol. I'm 35k deep in this thing now, so at this point, there's no turning back!
How exactly have you spent 35k on a sc? I'd think for that much money i could make a 1000hp sc. Of course i would never want that since my sc is a dd.
Old 04-06-09, 08:51 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've spent roughly 10k on my SC and it doesn't even have a blower or a hairdryer...
Old 04-06-09, 08:53 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

its never ending.... even after you think its complete..it wont be!
Old 04-06-09, 08:58 PM
TankMR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TTSC3
$35,000...i need pics of your car

you must have every upgrade imaginable, rarest body kit wheels and 900 horsepower plus candy paint, kobe beef leather and alpaca carpeting with snakeskin python accents. Plus a convertible Gucci monogram top and a concierge service named Jeeves
Old 04-06-09, 09:20 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TankMR
$35,000...i need pics of your car

you must have every upgrade imaginable, rarest body kit wheels and 900 horsepower plus candy paint, kobe beef leather and alpaca carpeting with snakeskin python accents. Plus a convertible Gucci monogram top and a concierge service named Jeeves
not necessarily, good stuff don't come cheap. I've already invested 24k and that's only listing things I haven't replaced in terms of maintenance/foolishness/misc.

8k - suspension
5k - ikeya formula
5k - hre
4k - bride seats
2.5k - vertex kit...

so the things can easily add up pretty quick.
Old 04-06-09, 09:35 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Seriously, you need to price some of this **** out. It starts to add up rather quickly. The driveline was nearly 10k by itself for the 6spd/6spd pumpkin/6spd axles/driveshaft/triple carbon clutch, etc. That's in addition to the GTE swap, AEM with all the sensors, Greddy turbo manifold, Garrett DBB turbo, stainless oil lines, HKS 4 row FMIC, custom IC piping, twin pump fuel system w/1000cc injectors, GSC cams, Titan cam gears, hours of tuning. Then there's the interior which has the 3 AEM gauges custom fiberglassed into the dash, which is wrapped in suede, the Sparco seats with Sparco rails, TRD steering wheel (yes the high dollar one with the air bag), and of course I can't forget about my WORK wheels and the 1k I spent on tires, along with the coilovers that were purchased. Nevermind the spoiler I added, which needed to be painted, HID's, clear corners, and all the other little things that added to the tab. Only then can we get into the 5k dollar stereo system that's in the car, complete with Pioneer in dash NAVI and all that fun stuff, but that's a whole other list of ****. LOL. Seriously, I'm probably missing stuff in that list too, but that's the jist of it. Oh, and I haven't posted pics because it's not finished yet. I need to at least have the body kit before I'm comfortable posting pics. I promised myself that.
Old 04-06-09, 09:42 PM
mcwop23
Driver

i have spent just under $5K thus far and have gotten a soarer r154 w/ new act clutch, a gtk-850 turbo, aem ems w/ all sensors, gasket set, xspower exhaust manifold, custom front facing intake manifold, FPR, mk3 driveshaft, 90mm mustang throttle body. Not so bad thus far, been pretty fortunate to find some awesome deals.

Quick Reply: So i calculated how much money i need to complete my sc and...