SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

goodbye s13.....hello sc400!! PICS (56k go fly a kite!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-09, 04:30 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL i guess this is a bit of NWS? did you close the roads for that shot? cool
Old 01-09-09, 05:46 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Driving the sc in the winter should be a crime. Your going to rust out your body.
with that mentality any type of movement of the car may cause it to break or even start rusting.

its a freaking car. who cares. if you know how to drive you can do it in the winter no problem. i have been doing it for almost 3 years now.

the body wont rust out because it has the black rhino-lining type of stuff on it from the factory. all of the SC, actually all lexuses, do.

you dont see many lexuses rusty for a reason. the exhausts are stainless as well so they dont rust out. they just change color.

nice car. i dont know if i would trade an s13 for an sc400. the s13 is a lot lighter and more fun to drive. then again you have the skyline for the fun

BTW...the mods here are ***** and probably will give you a warning, infraction, or something of posting the photo of that chick bending over
Old 01-09-09, 06:26 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
its a freaking car. who cares. if you know how to drive you can do it in the winter no problem. i have been doing it for almost 3 years now.
Thats dangerous no matter how good of a driver you are. but hay if u love driving rwd in the winter go for it.
the body wont rust out because it has the black rhino-lining type of stuff on it from the factory. all of the SC, actually all lexuses, do.
Just so you know, that stuff doesn't protect stuff like control arms, toe arms, any body panel, etc. So yes even tho certain parts of the car wont rust, other parts will.
Originally Posted by assass1n
im getting hear rust proofed and i regularly give her a car wash at the coin operated car wash near my house. as much i would love to just store her for now i need a winter car and shes too much fun to drive in the snow.
Just make sure you power wash underneath the bottom of the car atleast once a month during the winter.
Old 01-09-09, 06:50 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats dangerous no matter how good of a driver you are. but hay if u love driving rwd in the winter go for it.

Just so you know, that stuff doesn't protect stuff like control arms, toe arms, any body panel, etc. So yes even tho certain parts of the car wont rust, other parts will.
its not dangerous. what do you think people did while FWD or AWD was being invented/perfected? they drove RWD and no one *****ed. lol.

just so i know? huh? well thanks for informing me. i would have never guessed. lets look at all this logically though. the control arms are steel. it will take about 10 years of sitting on the bottom of the ocean for it to rust to the point of losing structural integrity. most of our cars, no matter how "new"(even 2000), are old. plain and simple. at this point my car is almost as old as my little brother...and he got an infiniti for a first car...i got gipped. lol.

anyways, most of the suspension components are already shot and will need replacement anyways. if you are going to replace control arm bushing you might as well clean the rust off of them any way possible whether it is a sandblaster or a simple angle grinder with a wire wheel. after that you paint them with at least 3 coats and cure it. youre set to go for another 10 years at least.

i just replaced my rear subframe and all control arm bushings with prothane. my car has 155K on it all the alignment bolts were seized. i had to cut them out and buy new ones. prior to asemblying all the new stuff i cleaned the arms and painted them....meaning no rust issues.

if youre going to say RWD is dangerous to drive in the winter or anything like that then i hope i dont see any posts by you giving anyone any type of advice on driving whatsoever. if you do then it will solidify my opinion take that last statement any way you like.

just because you have been driving for, at most, 3 years maybe you just dont have experience at how to do it
Old 01-09-09, 06:56 PM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kaydee
LOL i guess this is a bit of NWS? did you close the roads for that shot? cool
nah. just kept watching for oncoming cars then moving if necessary. luckily i wasnt interrupted even once. i usual do shoots like that really late at night.

with that mentality any type of movement of the car may cause it to break or even start rusting.

you dont see many lexuses rusty for a reason. the exhausts are stainless as well so they dont rust out. they just change color.

nice car. i dont know if i would trade an s13 for an sc400. the s13 is a lot lighter and more fun to drive. then again you have the skyline for the fun

BTW...the mods here are ***** and probably will give you a warning, infraction, or something of posting the photo of that chick bending over
i really miss driving the s13. but the sc has loads more ***** on the highway. plus given the right amount of tuning i can get it to handle as good as my s13 did before. if the mods dont like the pic i can just edit it out. it was a special request by a member. hahahaha. i have tons that are just as worse but ill see first if the mods let that pic slide. if not ill just edit that pic out.

Just make sure you power wash underneath the bottom of the car atleast once a month during the winter.
most of my buddies drive rwd cars in the winter. its just a matter of getting used too and driving smart. my buddies drive 300zx, 350z, g35, a few rwd skylines and tons of 240sx. our cars with good winter tires handle better, stop better, and get stuck less than fwd cars on all season or summer tires. i power wash underneath every time i go to the carwash.
Old 01-09-09, 07:08 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Whats with all the noise?
Old 01-09-09, 07:27 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

ONTARIO represent!! lol
yoo, i got a pic of your skyline at the pur auto meet last summer
Old 01-09-09, 07:39 PM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by -MILTDOG-
Whats with all the noise?
its the crappy 6mp digital camera i used....

Originally Posted by farquad
ONTARIO represent!! lol
yoo, i got a pic of your skyline at the pur auto meet last summer
GTA FTW!!! hahahaha. damn i miss those pur auto meets. we'd always be able to get at least 40-50 cars easily. plus that time you took pics we had over 100 cars there at one point.
Old 01-09-09, 07:44 PM
Ryeno
Banned

its not dangerous. what do you think people did while FWD or AWD was being invented/perfected? they drove RWD and no one *****ed. lol.
uhm what are you talking about? People died all the time back in the day. Thats kinda why ralph nader was a car safety activist. The point is no matter how good you are the phyics of rwd make it suck in the winter. Saying RWD is as safe as fwd on snow is saying rwd is as good at rally racing as awd. Its phyics plain n simple. And trust me i know how to drive, i drove on the snow all the time back in michigan before i moved out of the midwest.
Originally Posted by assass1n
most of my buddies drive rwd cars in the winter. its just a matter of getting used too and driving smart. my buddies drive 300zx, 350z, g35, a few rwd skylines and tons of 240sx. our cars with good winter tires handle better, stop better, and get stuck less than fwd cars on all season or summer tires. i power wash underneath every time i go to the carwash.
Ya, maybe a fwd with summer tires. But any normal sedan fwd car like a camry with all season tires, will handle way better on snow or slush then any rwd, even with winters tires. Especially from a stop; the weight distribution on a fwd helps them greatly.

Last edited by Ryeno; 01-09-09 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-09-09, 07:52 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

^^ i only showed up to one of their meets, i guess it was their biggest one, they were giving away free nos energy drinks and pizza
if they host some more meets this year, i'll drop by for sure
Old 01-09-09, 08:00 PM
assass1n
Pole Position

uhm what are you talking about? People died all the time back in the day. Thats kinda why ralph nader was a car safety activist. The point is no matter how good you are the phyics of rwd make it suck in the winter. Saying RWD is as safe as fwd on snow is saying rwd is as good at rally racing as awd. Its phyics plain n simple. And trust me i know how to drive, i drove on the snow all the time back in michigan before i moved out of the midwest.

Ya, maybe a fwd with summer tires. But any normal sedan fwd car like a camry with all season tires, will handle way better on snow or slush then any rwd, even with winters tires. Especially from a stop; the weight distribution on a fwd helps them greatly.
i forgot to tell you. we stuff our trunks full of anything we can find for dead weight. lol. most of my friends use sandbags. i just stuff it full of spare metal parts. last year i had 2 14" spares w/ tires, hockey skates, bowling ball, and random steel piping in the back of my 240sx. btw i forgot to mention. we tested it out too. with 3 differents cars all with all season tires from a dead stop at a stoplight in about 20cm of snow. first car was a 2001 civic sedan, second car was 2004 toyota corolla, lastly was a rsx(cant remember the year). all 3 cars i beat off the line with my s13(240sx) on really crappy snow tires.

Last edited by assass1n; 01-09-09 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-09-09, 09:08 PM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Def. an upgrade from that S13. That things super ghey.
Old 01-09-09, 09:23 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Hey now that's not nice.
S13s are respectable in their own right- my friend has one.

Anyway, you weren't kidding about the 56k go fly a kite thing
i was laughing my *** off when i realized how long it took to load
Old 01-09-09, 09:32 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with 5sp_jzz30, so far the 3 cars I've owned are RWD, and I've driven them all at least once in the snow, and not once have i gotten into an accident. I don't think it's the car, i think it's the driver, if you drive like an idiot, you'd crash a freaking 8wd.. the only time my car slides or does anything funny in the snow, is when i feel like i need a little fun.

Funny how most cars that gets into an accident in the snowing season arn't rwd cars.
Old 01-09-09, 09:40 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow considering the way your skyline looked compare to that s13 you traded in for the sc400 has me scratching my head

why on earth would you let an s13 or any other car to have orange painted rims? ive seen this car on craigslist for sale or maybe it was some other s13 with orange wheels! im a little bias since ive gone through 4 s13s back in the day. but seriously for you to keep your skyline looking soo pristine and having everything flow with that car to come and see your s13 looking like that makes me shiver!

hope your friend will do the s13 justice and get rid of the wheels... hell i got 4spare SE rims that i will ship to him just to ease the pain of that car!

Quick Reply: goodbye s13.....hello sc400!! PICS (56k go fly a kite!)