SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My Platinum Metallic Auto Couture "Style Eleganz" built SC...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-08, 06:23 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job,how much that front lip cost
Old 10-07-08, 06:38 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by matrixgts
nice job,how much that front lip cost
That's not a front lip, it's the auto couture front bumper, which happens to look like it has a front lip. You can get the whole kit for about $2415 from Carson lexus.
Old 10-07-08, 09:16 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So nice and clean!

When do I get to touch?
Old 10-07-08, 09:18 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol look at One Hot (aka Dennis) being so modest and not posting. come on D, come in and soak in ur fame .
Old 10-08-08, 06:23 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you say "that's a clean *****!-keep it pimpin. Love those wheels man, that offset gives your ride a mean look!
Old 10-08-08, 07:07 PM
Dv8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple, elegant, rediculously good looking, and much too expencive.

I like it.
Old 10-08-08, 08:03 PM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is making me second guess my color of choice. I've been planning on staying with onyx when I paint, but now.......hmmm.......this was my second choice all along but this is making the decision more difficult. Really digging the paint job.

Great stance. What are the specs on those wheels - offset?
Old 10-08-08, 11:20 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you all for the positive feedback...My SC would not have been at this stage of development without the help of all of you guys contributing on this forum..Thanks yall..

I have strongly considered an opened 5, 6, 7 spoke wheel but, I thought it would look too similar to the wheels I had before which was the 6 spoke IForged Flux...In addition to that, I felt that with the Auto Couture aero called out for more aggressive wheels in order for the car to stand out..The wheel's rare design also caught my eye as no other company has a design quite like the Exxels'...Its asymmetical split spoke design demands for attention whereas, the AC body kit is much more on the subtle side...Both of which complement eachother very well IMO...

The specs on the wheels is listed on page 1 but I neglected to post the offsets
So here it is...

20x9 +35, 20x11 +47
Tires sizes are 245 30 20, 295 25 20 respectively..

I do have other new mods that I didn't have time to type up or have pictures of...I'll update this thread when I get the chance...

The exhaust is custom HKS Hiper mufflers, cats deleted with Magnaflow X pipe...Everything else gutted so its a straight through exhaust....

Thanks CL!
Old 10-08-08, 11:32 PM
Dv8
Pole Position

Thats pretty conservative wheel fitment. It just proves how much room IN this chassis has. Still, its an extremely nice wheel setup.
Old 10-09-08, 06:15 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8
Thats pretty conservative wheel fitment. It just proves how much room IN this chassis has. Still, its an extremely nice wheel setup.
You call those specs conservative? You must be a youngster who likes the wheels sticking out past the fender.
The choice of wheel specs looks perfect to me. Flush with the fenders but still agressive while maintaining the class of a Lexus.
You're right that there is a lot of room in the fender wells.
Old 10-09-08, 07:14 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

did you install the gated shifter yet?

car looks awesome!!!
Old 10-09-08, 08:01 AM
Dv8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reggiek
You call those specs conservative? You must be a youngster who likes the wheels sticking out past the fender.
The choice of wheel specs looks perfect to me. Flush with the fenders but still agressive while maintaining the class of a Lexus.
Yes, I do. I know how to fit wheels. Those specifications are conservative. My tastes are different than yours. Stop making assumptions. The OP's choice of fitment is good for him, no rubbing, no smashing of tires on inner wells. He likes it, and they are practical. Thats what matters.
Old 10-09-08, 09:28 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8
The fronts and rears are max'd out actually...The front rims are aggressive enough that its pass the fender by 2-3mm, anymore aggressive I would've had to roll the fronts and stretch the tire by going down another tire size...The rears I had to shave the rear lip, apparently I didn't shave it enough because it still rubs a bit...It also sits pass the fender by another 2-3 mm...

The offsets +35, +47 seems like its conserverative but when you calculate it into a width of 9 and a 11 respectively its a whole different ball game...

did you install the gated shifter yet?

car looks awesome!!!
Gazi; The gated shifter is one of those mods I didn't have pictures of...I'll post it up when I get the chance...

Thanks Gazi for supplying me the "goods"!!

Last edited by One HoT; 10-09-08 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-09-08, 11:08 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8
Yes, I do. I know how to fit wheels. Those specifications are conservative. My tastes are different than yours. Stop making assumptions. The OP's choice of fitment is good for him, no rubbing, no smashing of tires on inner wells. He likes it, and they are practical. Thats what matters.
"Those specifications are conservative".

I wasn't putting down your taste or choices. It's just that you made a statement instead of adding the set-up was conservative in your opinion. In my opinion it's fairly aggressive. A 9 in wide wheel with 35 offset will be sticking out just a little. Not something I prefer but lot's of people like it, especially younger cats. That's no put down but I don't believe a Lexus should steer too far into the tuner/rice category but again, it's just my opinion.
Let's just agree One Hot did a nice job of selection. The results are outstanding.
Old 10-09-08, 11:25 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

"Those specifications are conservative".

I wasn't putting down your taste or choices. It's just that you made a statement instead of adding the set-up was conservative in your opinion. In my opinion it's fairly aggressive. A 9 in wide wheel with 35 offset will be sticking out just a little. Not something I prefer but lot's of people like it, especially younger cats. That's no put down but I don't believe a Lexus should steer too far into the tuner/rice category but again, it's just my opinion.
Let's just agree One Hot did a nice job of selection. The results are outstanding.

Well put. I am not a big fan of wheels sticking out with tires that appear to be to narrow for the wheel either. That look is more suited for old school JDM cars and certain drift cars.

His fitment is PERFECT. Be able to cram in such wide tires, which is functional due to the increased traction, and still have a good amount of lippage. Quite truthfully, in my opinion, especially if your car makes power, this is the perfect offset/tire width combination for our cars

Quick Reply: My Platinum Metallic Auto Couture "Style Eleganz" built SC...