41.77%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

supra vs sc300 what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-08, 05:08 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im more into luxury and exotics. I also love cars with big power. So my choice would be the SC. Im going for class with big power. I love the supra and absolutely would not mind having one whether NA or TT but I just love seeing a heavily modified SC more than a Supra.
Old 08-22-08, 08:02 PM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Im more into luxury and exotics. I also love cars with big power. So my choice would be the SC. Im going for class with big power. I love the supra and absolutely would not mind having one whether NA or TT but I just love seeing a heavily modified SC more than a Supra.
I can agree with your choice because thats what you like ,but not down playing the Supra to make a (camry) I mean SC be any better.

Originally Posted by sc250tt
Not when you have a tastefully modded sc in south florida . Any normal chick ,not racer chicks, will like a sc more than a supra especilly with the L staring at them and those smooth lines and luxo cabin. Dont get me wrong i love supras but not alot of females care all that about it here .To them its just a fast toyota. When it comes to class and style, the sc is over the supra.
Now even if your wrong,I can except what your saying but just to let you know I have been to alot of FL supra meets and there's alot of quality ladies that like the supra,now if we are talking about LS/GS hands down luxury is the way to go ,but an SC isnt what I would call luxury ,it's a NA supra with a lexus sign.(oh im sorry if does have wood grain)
Old 08-22-08, 08:32 PM
hgonzalez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sneakyazn
Lines of the supra are just very sporty. SC portrays "I'm going for class", while the Supra yells "I'm going to kick your ***"
My 97 TT 6spd w/ 144XXX miles, original paint, clutch, block, head, twins, ect, everything! And so damn sexy after 11 yrs...so yes MKIV hands down

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500620

Last edited by hgonzalez; 08-22-08 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-22-08, 09:45 PM
mattixxg
Driver School Candidate

Supra...no contest. (WITHOUT body kits)
Extremely rare vehicle with an exotic look to it.
But an SC300 with more style? doubt that..more class..well..possibly.

Also..someone said played out?
how?
I hardly ever see supras unless im at a suprameet (in SD) or once every few weeks if that.

In addition..someone said it was "ricey"...now, did u think that before or after the "Movie"?

Not very many people even knew what the supra was back then to even call it ricey.

SC does have a quieter ride tho...

As far as the comment about mature men goes..well..theres ALOT of knowledgeable and cool people that own supras from varying ages.

The supras will draw more attraction..tho...positive and unfortunately, negative.

(I hail from the supraforums).
Old 08-22-08, 09:57 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Supra ftw. Going Targo top off... down PCH

=]
Old 08-22-08, 10:27 PM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Supraforums vs ClubLexus SC300/400 section

FIGHT!

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505032
Old 08-22-08, 11:31 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300STED

FIGHT!

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505032
supraforums > clublexus sc300/400 section
Old 08-23-08, 02:16 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nobleblack
wow thats friggin lame...

1. Dude just went in and put his own one sided words and then posted the link. Basically he incited a riot.

2. I see they hold up the snobby rep well. If we're all kids why are they acting like babies. But really grow up everyone.

3. I bet they won't even look at the positive things sc'rs say about the supra.

4. This is really dissapointing and i've never seen this low line of maturity on a honda forum. Since most of you hold hondas in low regaurd you can figure out how bad it is.
lets keep this thread on the right track they are being pretty condescending i dont feel welcome to post so ill keep it here dont wana get it closed let them act the way they want hgonzalez nice car props

Last edited by scshinobi; 08-23-08 at 02:41 AM. Reason: blabber not needed
Old 08-23-08, 12:01 PM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

wow thats friggin lame...

1. Dude just went in and put his own one sided words and then posted the link. Basically he incited a riot.

2. I see they hold up the snobby rep well. If we're all kids why are they acting like babies. But really grow up everyone.

3. I bet they won't even look at the positive things sc'rs say about the supra.

4. This is really dissapointing and i've never seen this low line of maturity on a honda forum. Since most of you hold hondas in low regaurd you can figure out how bad it is.
I didnt say a word your disrespectful tread about supra's bein RICER in my world a TOYOTA/LEXUS no matter if it's corolla or ls460 gets the same love TOYOTA NATION

Originally Posted by scshinobi
lets keep this thread on the right track they are being pretty condescending i dont feel welcome to post so ill keep it here dont wana get it closed let them act the way they want hgonzalez nice car props
I agree lets have an opinion about sc300 vs supra without calling a supra a ricer to make yourself feel better.
Old 08-23-08, 12:51 PM
FL1PP3D
Driver

I picked the SC just because it really is a car that deserves more attention.
Old 08-23-08, 01:05 PM
FYRARMS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc300STED

FIGHT!
No. There will be no "fight". I won't allow inter-forum flame battles. Supraforums isn't a Honduh forum (although we get plenty of visitors), so don't act like it is one. 99.9% of MKIV Supra owners LOVE the Lexus SC. Many of us own both. Each car has it's pros and it's cons. The majority of the time a person chooses between a Supra and an SC300 it boils down to MONEY. What can you afford?

Personally, I never considered an SC300 to be my primary "toy" car. Are SCs nice? Yes. Look good? Yes. However, I already have a few daily drivers, so I was looking to sell my 10-second supercharged GM toy and replace it with something else. Reasons I chose the Supra? Plenty...

a) Sexy, sexy, sexy looks. I can't think of any other sportscar in it's class that doesn't look "dated" after 15 years. I wanted to buy a car that would keep me from turning my head at other cars. The MKIV Supra and the Viper GTS were the only cars I would break my neck to get a peek at. I made my choice. The Supra's curvy shape is just stunning. Best *** in class.

b) Comes from the factory with brutally strong components already installed. Engine, trans, and diff are quite possibly the beefiest ever offered in a stock application. The factory brakes are amazing for 15 years of age. Hell, the Porsche 996 Turbo was the first car to finally beat the Supra's braking record after so many years.

c) Upgrade potential. Geez, where do you start? Just a BPU-level car will outperform most other modern sportscars, and some exotics. The sky is the limit.

d) Investment potential. I have had SO many hot rods over the years, and ALL of them sold for much less than I had invested in them. However, the Supra is a different story. 7 years ago I paid $20K for my 68K-mile MKIV. I have invested an additional $5K in mods. I have received offers to buy it for over $30K. Works for me. I am only selling it to fund another car---another MKIV Supra.

e) Exclusivity. With only a small number of MKIV Supras sold in the US, there isn't much of a chance of running in to another one every day, unlike an SC, which are pretty much everywhere. Add the fact that the MKIV was the last model Supra made, and that means the Supra stays timeless---it hasn't been replaced by a newer model.

In closing, the SC300 is a great car. They are built like all Toyota/Lexus cars are known for, they can be modified to your heart's content, and the entry price will fit even a teenager's budget. I would imagine with the N/A-T kits from Sound Performance and Boost Logic, a turboed SC would make a fun car. I just personally would only add one to my stable, but never replace my Supra with one.

Last edited by FYRARMS; 08-23-08 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 01:08 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said, and i'd have to agree. i chose the sc because it just suits my style better. besides, already have a friend with a mkiv and seeing the same cars again and again in a group gets kinda boring to look at to me.
Old 08-23-08, 01:10 PM
FYRARMS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FL1PP3D
I picked the SC just because it really is a car that deserves more attention.
Honestly, were you presented with a choice? Seeing as most banks will not finance a car as old as the Supra, you would have to pay cash. So, you had $20-25K in your pocket to spend on a Supra, but you just decided "hey, the SC needs more attention" and passed on the Supra? Come on...

If you honestly preferred the SC over the Supra and you really could have afforded the Supra, I am surprised. To each, his own though.
Old 08-23-08, 01:47 PM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

hah I think it's cool that your sticking up for supra. I doubt your car will pull more females. If your depending on a car to pull women you got issues and your into the wrong girls.

People mod for different reasons. Some do it because they want to, some do it to belong etc. The whole situation is hypocritical. People use the luxury/dignified/class blah blah car excuse but they're doing non luxury/dignified/class things to it. Then some of the behavior is like wtf. I understand being loyal. But to the point where it's beyond reality is retarded.

What's wrong with a honda? Be clear all the import communities are pretty much the same. The same bs goes on. There are the people that do work and are actually are an example of what the concept was made for, there are the people that leach, pose and there are the fanbois, bandwagoners, crap talkers that all they do is talk and/or make the name look like crap.

What I'm getting at is if your proud of your car then your proud of your car. You only make your brand/community look like an **** when you disrespect the other car. Especially a car within the same family. And who'se parts a lot of people recycle onto their cars.
Ok cool im off the pipe ,this topic is close ,but I love both cars and when i said it's not a honda it was meant manufacture.Good day

Dude put down the pipe.

1. Show me where I said this. That's right I DIDN'T. But if you want me to be disrespectful, I can be that. If you CAN'T QUOTE IT then don't say I said it. This goes for you, nick and any other member of the supra thread.

2. You posted this on the supra forums:

"This is funny , the SC guys trashing the Supra
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=374697"

This thread was to see which one you'd get and it was simply that. If anything there was sc people on both sides. But your butt hurt, over reacted and decided to go on the supra forum and instigate ish like a "RICER". There NOW I said ricer, like it, love it, live with it. If anything post it as it is.

Even the OP of this thread went on there to try and clear ish up, and got flamed on. Wow nice to see that you supra owners are adults.

3. The last part of what you said is basically the same thing I said.

4. If you guys are going to say your something well back it the hell up. But you guys are acting real ricerish.
Here we go again but it's cool take it easy by the way my next car will be a SC
Old 08-23-08, 02:33 PM
TOP GUN TT
Driver School Candidate

I have had 3 Supra TT's(2 6 speeds and one auto) and 2 SC300 5 speeds and I would take a TT 6 speed Supra anyday over any SC. I might lean towards a 97 RSP SC300 5 speed over your average NA Supra auto though.

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?