SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How Hard Is It to Do A RHD Conversion on a SC300???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-08, 09:34 PM
KevinLS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a soarer in the US and driving a RHD is awsome because it is so rare! I say do it if you are capable, you wont reget it. Drive thru's, fast food, etc. is really easy to do if you are more than 2 feet tall and can just reach over. In my opinion it is worth it because the amount of compliments you get is insane. People who are saying not to do it, are just hating that they dont have access to a real Soarer or a RHD front clip. A lot of people try to buy jdm parts for their cars, it would be a lot of peoples wish to have a jdm car with all the jdm parts here in the US.
Old 07-17-08, 10:15 PM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna go ahead and say that if had to post questions like this, you do not have the ability to convert a car to RHD. Seriously, go ruin a honda. Why do you even want RHD?

If you just want to be "ballin out of control" they make a setup for mail delivery cars that moves the steering wheel to the other side, and you could move the brake and accelerator over. I worked on a Jeep Cherokee that was done up like this. Its very "red green" if you watch the red green show.
Old 07-17-08, 11:01 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i personally wouldnt do it unless i had a whole front clip. might as well try and find one, that way you can do a 1j swap and do RDH at the same time, you wouldnt have to extend the engine harness either,
Old 07-18-08, 01:16 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dude its not just the front of the car, you have to move all ur harnesses too remember all those buttons on the doors and all the electronic goodies? seat memory windows all that stuff, you need everything to do it right. this should be ur plan #1 win the lotto #2 give me some lotto money #3 do engine swap and convert to rhd or might as well import a real soarer. #4 buy a house and everything else you need #5 give me more lotto money lol
Old 07-18-08, 03:12 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

more trouble than its worth
Old 07-18-08, 04:22 AM
Turbo?
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SETFREE
The guy who sold me the front end said it's easy......just cut and weld the whole front end of the car.......is it that easy!!??
I have a right hand drive Soarer, witch i Paid 5000$ for cash no taxes **** all.... straight from japan... i love driving right hand drive i feel more comfertable and just the perks are amazing... and yes drive thrus are a ***** but man im tall enough to reach if i want too.. and you just not cut off the front of your car thats just stupid and a waist of time.... what you do is when you have it all apart the dash the motor pulled out of ur car... you swap the fire walls... (drill out the welds on each fire wall yours and the half cut... fallow the lines cut and weld... WHY WOULD YOU EVER CUT YOUR CAR IN HALF... its unsafe and just plain stupid... but man if you get the oppertunity to do it do it... but i live in canada where here you dont need specail papers or anything to own right hand drive just needs to be 14years old that it....
anyways man i say DO it... ive seen alot of people do it...
RHD for the win!
Old 07-18-08, 05:43 AM
Griffin400
Pole Position

IMO i would save your money put the turbo motor in and sell it then find a Soarer for sale on here which i have seen at least one and i believe its still for sale.
Old 07-18-08, 12:29 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if its not a real soarer ur a poser just dont bother with it oh cool is rhd, but is it fast and you say no but look im sitting on the right side who gives a ****. make it faster turbo the thing make it look better. there is a ton of things to do and ur stuck on the RHD bandwagon. get off the wagon and dont look back
Old 07-18-08, 03:45 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

i say do it man... a 1jz front clip... its HARD to come by these days, if you have the resources, DO IT. you wont regret it, you'll be the only 1 in your area for sure.
Old 07-19-08, 10:34 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

why not just get a soarer?
What he said.
Old 07-19-08, 10:45 AM
SCjzz
Driver

"People who are saying not to do it, are just hating that they dont have access to a real Soarer or a RHD front clip"

not exactly, i said not to do it because of its high unpracticalness. (if thats a word)

id do it if i had another daily driver.
Old 07-19-08, 01:08 PM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Too much of a hassle IMO. Keep your LHD and Turbo it.
Old 07-19-08, 09:37 PM
MTSC3
Rookie

I think that it would be interesting, I have always wanted to drive a RHD car. The argument that you shouldn’t do it because it will make drive through difficult is weak, almost all fast food restaurants have a dine in area, so I don’t see the problem.
Old 07-19-08, 11:13 PM
SCjzz
Driver

but who rly cares about drive thrus?

u guys are happy about eating in your car?! thts an absolute no for me. ive saw the damages of what eating in your car can cause. im sure we all have

its on a trans am, watev. u get the point ; )

Last edited by SCjzz; 07-19-08 at 11:14 PM. Reason: editing english again.
Old 12-07-15, 03:53 PM
Flyinhawk
Driver

Originally Posted by SETFREE
The guy who sold me the front end said it's easy......just cut and weld the whole front end of the car.......is it that easy!!??
Not exactly "easy" keep in mind that you will have to get it welded all the way down to a thousandth of an inch or other problems may arise. My dad had a Dodge Charger clipped (it was a wreck made knew) and its panels didn't line up correctly and it was slightly bent. (Poor measurement on shops part).

Quick Reply: How Hard Is It to Do A RHD Conversion on a SC300???