LexusFTW's SC400 Finally Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-08, 09:17 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shern
Car looks great! Very nice execution!

Do you ever worry about shiza flying into the BOV? dust, rocks, bugs, etc?
Thanks very much!

I thought about that but the BOV is closed under vacuum so nothing should be able to get in. The only time it's open is when its releasing 5-30psi of air and I dont think anything will go into it at that point. Also, the BOV is before the intercooler so if anything does go in it, I hope the intercooler will keep it from getting to the throttle body. Overall, I love the location! It sounds good when it releases too.
Old 06-09-08, 09:59 AM
yelloa3gti
Lead Lap

amazing car
Old 06-09-08, 10:16 AM
WilsonC88
Driver School Candidate

i barely post replys on forums but, your car is so awesome i needed to tell you. sick job man.
Old 06-09-08, 10:25 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car FTW
Old 06-09-08, 10:42 AM
ISC400
Pole Position

RSP SC w/GTE and V160+ CCW's I love it! Now i can't wait get my block replaced and try out my CCW drag package because it looks so good on yours
Old 06-09-08, 11:25 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yelloa3gti
amazing car
Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by WilsonC88
i barely post replys on forums but, your car is so awesome i needed to tell you. sick job man.

Thank you sir. It feels good to hear that all our hard work has paid off.

Originally Posted by ElitistK
your car FTW
Lexus FTW!

Originally Posted by ISC400
RSP SC w/GTE and V160+ CCW's I love it! Now i can't wait get my block replaced and try out my CCW drag package because it looks so good on yours
So what happened to your motor? Good luck with the rebuild.
Old 06-09-08, 12:19 PM
MCG33
Pole Position

Looks and sounds amazing! The only things I would change are the chrome emblems to black pearl, so they match the turbo one. At first I thought it was the glue for the 400 badge lol. Other than that, perfection!
Old 06-09-08, 01:54 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MCG33
Looks and sounds amazing! The only things I would change are the chrome emblems to black pearl, so they match the turbo one. At first I thought it was the glue for the 400 badge lol. Other than that, perfection!
Thank you very much!

Jonny (Dx3) is trying to source a place that will chrome the "turbo" emblem. He has the same emblem on his black car and its hard to see. I need to find out what happened with that...
Old 06-09-08, 02:31 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
Thank you very much!

Jonny (Dx3) is trying to source a place that will chrome the "turbo" emblem. He has the same emblem on his black car and its hard to see. I need to find out what happened with that...
If we send ours in together we could cut down on shipping and handling charges

Jonny
Old 06-09-08, 02:48 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LexusFTW,

Dude I JUST GOT YOUR MESSAGE!! Sorry, I have been putting a DBB 67 on this whole week and just got it running yesterday. I have been oblivious to everything else, haha. I saw that you were at thundervalley, I am smackin myself in the face as we speak. I got it all installed and working on the fine tuning right now for the map. If you are ever back down this way let me know, or I just might have to make a special trip to T town and come hang out on Memorial for a night!

Last edited by 2jzlex; 06-09-08 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-09-08, 03:08 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
LexusFTW,

Dude I JUST GOT YOUR MESSAGE!! Sorry, I have been putting a DBB 67 on this whole week and just got it running yesterday. I have been oblivious to everything else, haha. I saw that you were at thundervalley, I am smackin myself in the face as we speak. I got it all installed and working on the fine tuning right now for the map. If you are ever back down this way let me know, or I just might have to make a special trip to T town and come hang out on Memorial for a night!
It's cool. I was hoping you would see the thread in the South Section on SF and come out.

Your setup looks killer dude. I'm glad you got it all put together! Are you still on stock fuel?

There are a few guys from Norman coming up on the 21st for the ADRLs being held at Tulsa Raceway Park. Let me know if you can make it.

After the drags we'll most likely cruise to Memorial and see what kind of trouble we can get in.
Old 06-09-08, 04:14 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Nice dude!

Always good to see another Coupe rockin' CCW Classic's
Old 06-09-08, 04:22 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Nice dude!

Always good to see another Coupe rockin' CCW Classic's
Thanks man. We're a growing population!

Did you buy yours direct from CCW or used? When I ordered mine back in November, CCW was trying to talk me out of getting the Classics...I didn't know what to think.
Old 06-09-08, 04:51 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know how I feel about your car, hence the comments on youtube.

Keep up the good work; hopefully my sc will be on the rollers shortly.
Old 06-09-08, 04:58 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
Thanks man. We're a growing population!

Did you buy yours direct from CCW or used? When I ordered mine back in November, CCW was trying to talk me out of getting the Classics...I didn't know what to think.
I ordered direct through John at CCW. I think the reason they tried to steer you away from the Classic's is because of the fitment and overall construction of these wheels.

I,too, ordered them last November. However, I had issues with the front rims when I received them. I ordered them specifically to clear my TT brakes. I was assured that the construction of the faces would easily clear with the 4mm spacers they would also supply me with. They wouldn't even come close to clearing the brake calipers though. I needed like a 30mm spacer...LoL

So I sent them back and received the fronts 2 weeks later. This time, they cleared the brakes with ease. No spacers were needed. Weird, it seemed like they bolted on the wrong face altogether. After mounting the front tires(Done here at my dealer, by my tech while I watched him), the left front rim was losing air through the ARP studs and nuts. We traced them to 6 consecutive bolts and nuts. We tried torqueing them down but was unsuccessful. Now, I had to send the whole tire AND rim back for them to reseal. By this time, it had been another 2 weeks. Fortunately, CCW was very nice about the whole ordeal. I didn't have to pay any necessary shipping costs. The busted seal on the L/F rim could have been caused by the tire iron striking the rim at that particular spot. I didn't see my tech do anything out of the ordinary though. Oh well, it was solved either way. The set-up works flawlessly now

I think these wheels are super-unique. Nobody knows what kind of wheels they are.

Quick Reply: LexusFTW's SC400 Finally Revealed